Tony Robbins... people actually buy into this crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Tony Robbins... people actually buy into this crap
Walking on hot coals is a somewhat common thing though isn't it? Obviously he has to make sure that it's done correctly if he's going to include it in his seminars. If he can't manage that in a safe way he should stop including it, clearly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2016, 08:57 PM
I thought he put hot coals at the exits to keep them all in.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
26-06-2016, 04:54 AM
(25-06-2016 08:09 PM)seoq Wrote:  Walking on hot coals is a somewhat common thing though isn't it? Obviously he has to make sure that it's done correctly if he's going to include it in his seminars. If he can't manage that in a safe way he should stop including it, clearly.

There are physics reasons (or so I've been told) for why it's safe to walk on hot coals, if one uses the appropriate technique, and if the coal bed is stage-managed so it's the right temperature. What's dishonest about Robbins is that he makes coal-walking seem as if it's some benefit of taking his stupid seminars--he positions it as an amazing feat that demonstrates that through Tony Robbins' seminar, a person's self-confidence and personal "power" have increased. When really all that's happened is a bunch of people walked through a carnival trick and didn't transform their life circumstances one iota.

I heard on NPR that the reason people got hurt on this occasion was because some of the coal-walkers were slowing down to take selfies. Evidently as there's quite a line, they slowed things down for everyone.
26-06-2016, 05:13 AM
i just had a good chuckle picturing the scene in my head. you would think after the first dozen of people ending up screaming on the floor that the others would realize it might be a bad idea. but nope! step right up! those are screams of joy, people!
26-06-2016, 05:40 AM
This kind of stuff has been going on for a long time. At least Robbins isn’t peddling woo if that is any consolation (I’m sure it isn’t for those who were hurt). He uses his personal charisma, showmanship and sincerity to sell people something they desperately want; hope and self-worth.

Self-help is an enormously profitable genre and people like Robbins milk it for all it’s worth.

[Image: 20120902-154032-285x190.jpg]

[Image: ad01.jpg]

[Image: bruce-barton-author-quote-the-essential-...netism.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8kc0X7Y4xs0cCzvPeZln...c4u1LvqIXe]
There’s a sucker born every minute. ~ P.T. Barnum

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Sometimes stupid DOES hurt......

It should, more often...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.