Too poor to call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Too poor to call
This thread is mainly directed toward Seth, since I'm new to the forum I only assume this is how you get his attention..

However my problem lies with the fact that I'd love to call in and talk to you and discuss whatever the current subject is, though the cost per minute to call to the US is waay to high for a student to wait for half a podcast to get a chance to partake..

I can't be alone about this issue, can I?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 05:44 PM by FSM_scot.)
RE: Too poor to call
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately Seth doesn't use the forums, so he wont see your post.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
(07-02-2012 05:29 PM)LucasTheSwede Wrote:  This thread is mainly directed toward Seth, since I'm new to the forum I only assume this is how you get his attention..

However my problem lies with the fact that I'd love to call in and talk to you and discuss whatever the current subject is, though the cost per minute to call to the US is waay to high for a student to wait for half a podcast to get a chance to partake..

I can't be alone about this issue, can I?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
^ This. It's a free service, and Seth supports it. I'm pretty sure most of his callers call using Skype actually.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
08-02-2012, 06:15 AM
http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...-POST-HERE

but yeah, use skype

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
09-02-2012, 09:00 PM
(08-02-2012 06:15 AM)Leela Wrote:  http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...-POST-HERE

but yeah, use skype

I'm so new here that I still have the shrink-wrap. So, I'll ask whether, when using Skype, one accesses the 10-digit phone number. or some Skype username.

Thanks much for tolerating my dumbness, and I'll get around to introducing myself sometime before July.

Diana

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
[+] 1 user Likes dclarion's post
10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
download skype
get a user account for skype
start skype on your computer

find out what the thinking atheists skype name is - i guess it's somewhere on the ws

add him to your list
send him a message via skype in the beginning of the show so he knows you would like to call in... something like that. no idea how he handles it but some people who stream stuff and use skype for callers do it that way.

*time goes by* I just tried to find out his skype but can't find it on ws. I would suggest you write him an email saying you would like to call in the next show and ask for his skype name Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post