Tool's new album...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Tool's new album...
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/t...6-20140715

NoUnsureSadcryfaceSadcryface2Weeping

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Tool's new album...
(18-07-2014 12:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/t...6-20140715

Too late to reply? I've seen them three times in San Francisco. Shall we talk Tool?

Believing strongly, without evidence, is considered mad, stupid, but faith in God holds immense prestige in our society. ----- Sam Harris
13-03-2018, 02:41 AM
At work.

Can't acces the linky/site.

The gist of the article, plz?

Much cheers! Thumbsup
13-03-2018, 06:18 AM
Ah man, I thought this was announcing that they had a new album out haha.

i'm a big Tool fan, not sure if they've played in the UK recently but I'd very much like to see them. Smile Favorite song is The Pot for me. Love it!

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
13-03-2018, 08:46 AM
(18-07-2014 12:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/t...6-20140715

Ah, they're pulling a Boston.

There isn't a new album. There won't be until they're sure whatever it is, is perfect.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-03-2018, 10:58 AM

I saw that Revenant wrote this in 2014. Figured there must be Tool fans here! I'd assumed Tool was history until last year when they played two nights in San Francisco. Somehow I ended up with tickets for both nights and couldn't sell one, so I just went two nights in a row. Took about a week for my hearing to get back to normal. I'll never forget my buddy and I caught in the mosh pit, swaying (violently at times) to Stinkfist. Now *that* was a religious experience! Angel

Believing strongly, without evidence, is considered mad, stupid, but faith in God holds immense prestige in our society. ----- Sam Harris
13-03-2018, 11:08 AM
(13-03-2018 08:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ah, they're pulling a Boston.

Really? Boston? OH you mean the band! Yes I actually saw Boston last year.... meaning the "Boston" of today with new lead singer. They were horrendously terrible.

And you're so sweet - you've followed me from my tool post to this Tool post. Laugh out load

13-03-2018, 11:20 AM
(13-03-2018 11:08 AM)Hobosapiens Wrote:  
(13-03-2018 08:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ah, they're pulling a Boston.

Really? Boston? OH you mean the band! Yes I actually saw Boston last year.... meaning the "Boston" of today with new lead singer. They were horrendously terrible.

And you're so sweet - you've followed me from my tool post to this Tool post. Laugh out load

Big Grin
I actually like Tool. Or well I did. Haven't heard them in years -- they're off my iPod music rotation. If I'm in a dark music mood, I'll throw on some NIN.

But yeah, Boston was hot, then they decided to take years between making new albums. Then the singer died. Meh. I saw them at a Day on the Green decades ago when they were good.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-03-2018, 04:00 PM
(13-03-2018 11:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But yeah, Boston was hot, then they decided to take years between making new albums. Then the singer died. Meh. I saw them at a Day on the Green decades ago when they were good.

Almost forgot that I did see Boston with the Outlaws back in ... '79?

In '78 my buddy got us 3rd row seats to see Springsteen at the LA sports arena. I was able to pat Clarence Clemons on the back as he played sax in the aisle. Then just a few years ago my buddy flew out here from Boston (the city!) and we saw Springsteen again at the Oracle in Oakland. Bruce walked right up to us during Tenth Avenue Freeze Out and shook our hands. What a moment.

I love Tool concerts but nothing matches a great show by The Boss.