Toot your own horn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Toot your own horn
As a somewhat humble person in real life, I virtually never voice my achievements. Usually my friends speak for me, otherwise my life goes unpraised. But since we are among friends, let us proudly voice our accomplishments. It can range from awards to giving your last 5 bucks to a homeless guy to helping old women across the street. Whatever makes you feel proud.

Ahem.

-I was placed in the Gifted and Talented classes in 5th grade.
-I took an IQ test in 8th grade and got a 142.
-I used the word "appreciate" in a paper in 3rd grade and was told to go show all the other teachers and the principal. (I did say anything that made you proud)
-I was voted MVP on my little league baseball team
-I was captain of my high school Track team
-I'm still in the record books for the school Sprint Medley Relay
-I was 1st Team All-League in football
-I scored in the 97% percentile when taking the army asvab
-Served 2 deployments in the most dangerous places in Iraq and survived
-Received 12 military awards, with the highest being the Army Commendation Medal w/ Valor device (and if it was possible to earn more than one Combat Action Badge, I would've been getting them about twice a week)
-I won 2nd place at the state benchpress competition when I was about 18 (benched 380 and weighed 170... they judge them by weight lifted/body weight )
-I built my own computer (every nerd's first step towards achieving achieving Nerd status)
-I was on the Price is Right during the Bob Barker era and made it into a closeup twice (the first lady had to climb over me and my friends so we did asinine, overly happy reactions)
-I was the first of my friends to beat Mike Tyson's Punchout

Wow I feel like a vain ass! But that's the point in this thread. I'll try and think of more.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2011, 12:12 AM

RE: Toot your own horn
Toot my horn? Weeeeeeeeelllll.... ok.

I spoke in full sentences before I was a year old
I was able as a toddler to recognize different bands on the radio simply from memory
I was tested as a child to be very gifted in memory
I play guitar quite well (I play a Schecter C-1 Plus)
I'm quite good at Call of Duty (both Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, the guys are so jealous haha)

That's all I've got for now
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2011, 01:01 AM
(21-02-2011 12:12 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  I play guitar quite well (I play a Schecter C-1 Plus)

Me, too. I teach guitar. I have a BC Rich Eagle, a one of a kind Penner Warrior and a few others.

There is a guitar thread in the Entertainment section.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
21-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Ohh ok

I learned to speak french when I was 4 years old.
I was able to make realistic sculptures, specially dinosaurs and dragons, using clay when I was 7 years old.
I took an IQ test in 2002 and got a 140, damn you Buddy Christ hehe.
I was one of the best 5 players of Soul Calibur 2 (GC) of my city.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2011, 02:06 AM

(21-02-2011 01:01 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(21-02-2011 12:12 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  I play guitar quite well (I play a Schecter C-1 Plus)

Me, too. I teach guitar. I have a BC Rich Eagle, a one of a kind Penner Warrior and a few others.

There is a guitar thread in the Entertainment section.
Awesome I'll have to check it out. I've been wanting to get myself one of the newer Schecter's but guitars get pricey lol.
21-02-2011, 06:22 AM
I can sing, well kinda sorta.
I survived being shot at by a guy standing 20 meters away from me.
I pulled a friend out of the path of a speeding bus.
I passed Art class in high school (though nothing else)
I can talk to asperges children much more easily than most people can.
I scored 61 on an IQ test and was told I'm the only person with an IQ that low who was capable of forming complex sentences.

I think that's about all from me xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-02-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm 6'3".
I kick major ass at Diablo 2.
I play guitar quite well, although I have to pick up a new one since I sold my old one bcoz economy.
I could write my name before I entered pre-school.
I am an atheist.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
21-02-2011, 08:14 AM

After reading Buddy Christ's list last night I felt a little discouraged and didn't want to post anything. Reading other people's posts I felt a bit inspired and while these things are nothing spectacular, I think combined they make me an interesting person.

I am happily married
Proud home owner as of last September
I'm 27 and have all my hair. If I am like any other male in my family, it should stay nice and thick past midlife.
I work at a car dealership and have drove all sorts of cool things from Chev SSR to Corvette to 350Z (nothing extremely exotic, it is a used car dealership after all). I CAN DRIVE STICK.
I have the 2 best cats in the world
When I was a teenager a few strangers told me I looked like Brad Pitt, and one Matt Damon.
My wife said her mom asked her if I work out, that I have nice arms (hehe!)
I like to think I have a good taste in music, in multiple genres.
I also build my own computers (I was A+ certified) but I don't work with computers because I hate customers, and I don't have the brain power to do networking or programming.
I have a really nice camera kit and some decent pictures (dstanic.zenfolio.com -please no comments on atheism if you post in my guestbook)
I've got the best looking 2003 Impala in town, people comment on it and one person asked me if it was a new car (my day job is auto detailing...)
I quit smoking. It was fun while it lasted.
I am a handyman, I can fix many things or consult GOOGLE for answers.
I am thrifty and buy things on sale, picking at yard sales gives me a rush.
Only once have a missed a credit card payment in full, it was an accident I forgot. No debt (minus the mortgage).
I have good taste in coffee and red wine (I know what I don't like, anyways).
I am almost never bored, I can spend a whole day by myself easily.
I took my wife to a country bar for her birthday where she met up with her friends because she likes to dance to shitty country music. I stayed in the car for 2hrs with a coffee and my netbook reading God Is Not Great. (she would like me to join, but I just can NOT stand that horrid music, she was grateful to go and have a few drinks and not have to drive though) Smile
I have a small collection of old Kirby vacuums. They are ubber cool.
I have never used Twitter.
I have seen Nine Inch Nails twice in 2005/06. Best show ever. I have most of Trent's CDs (I'm not really even into heavy metal, I just think the music is so full of emotion and brilliantly composted that it's that damn good.)
At around 12yrs old I started to question everything about religion, I could see that the pieces did not fit. I was on the path to agnosticism towards the path to atheism. Smile
21-02-2011, 08:34 AM

At 5 I could pronounce prehensile tail and I also knew what it was.
I've gotten straight A's almost my entire life
I'm captain of my volleyball team
At 10 I was quoting Robert Frost
At 3 I was able to get out of my crib on my own
My earliest memories are 2 1/2 years old

:P Thats it. Honestly compared to some others I've read its not all that impressive
21-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Lol, Freethinker, you just about beat everyone.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.