Toothpaste aluminum foil and gun powder.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Toothpaste aluminum foil and gun powder.
A little bit of useless TV trivia but just now I was watching a rerun of the original series MacGyver and the guest actress at the time was a kid, who is now the famous character on The Big Bang Theory "Amy Farrah Fowler" the actress name is Mayim Bialik. For fans of the show, Amy is the love interest of Sheldon Cooper.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
24-05-2017, 04:33 PM
RE: Toothpaste aluminum foil and gun powder.
(24-05-2017 03:50 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  A little bit of useless TV trivia but just now I was watching a rerun of the original series MacGyver and the guest actress at the time was a kid, who is now the famous character on The Big Bang Theory "Amy Farrah Fowler" the actress name is Mayim Bialik. For fans of the show, Amy is the love interest of Sheldon Cooper.

Yeah, she plays the very frumpy girlfriend of Sheldon's. She's smart to play such an unattractive character because when she dresses up for some Hollywood event everyone thinks...."Oh, she doesn't look half bad". She's certainly not beautiful but the contrasting looks is interesting.

That's where character actresses have it easy. They are allowed to age.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
24-05-2017, 05:06 PM
I read the thread title, and thought about what this thread could be about. I made a mental list before opening the thread to read it, and this is kinda what I was thinking:

1. Unusual ice cream toppings?

2. Stuff found by veterinarians in the stomachs of puppies?

3. Stuff I keep stocked in the kitchen?

4. A recipe being used for a new fad diet?

5. A method to repel squirrels in the attic?

6. A new version of a tinfoil hat to repel alien though control?

But I apparently lack imagination because a Mayim Bailik never crossed my mind. Huh

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
24-05-2017, 05:11 PM
I'm going to run with the "MacGyver" part of this, and ask if anyone else around here has a difficult time watching shows like "Scorpion" which present themselves as scientific but produce idiocy (there was an episode of "Scorpion" where they were by a nuclear reactor in full meltdown and the solution to the radiation as I recall, was to "hold their breath") ...I never really watched the original MacGyver, but only three episodes into the new one, it seemed about the same caliber.

It's an overly critical personal pet-peeve of mine, but does anyone else get annoyed by this sort of thing?
[+] 2 users Like Grauwyler's post
24-05-2017, 05:14 PM
(24-05-2017 05:06 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  I read the thread title, and thought about what this thread could be about. I made a mental list before opening the thread to read it, and this is kinda what I was thinking:

1. Unusual ice cream toppings?

2. Stuff found by veterinarians in the stomachs of puppies?

3. Stuff I keep stocked in the kitchen?

4. A recipe being used for a new fad diet?

5. A method to repel squirrels in the attic?

6. A new version of a tinfoil hat to repel alien though control?

But I apparently lack imagination because a Mayim Bailik never crossed my mind. Huh

That was kind of the point.

You looked at an unusual title and ended up learning history.

Don't tell me you didn't think "What the fuck?" in reading the title?

That was the intent. If it was anti climatic for you, that was not my point. It was merely something fun I didn't know and now know.

It worked otherwise you would not be responding, even in objecting to it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-05-2017, 05:19 PM
(24-05-2017 05:11 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  I'm going to run with the "MacGyver" part of this, and ask if anyone else around here has a difficult time watching shows like "Scorpion" which present themselves as scientific but produce idiocy (there was an episode of "Scorpion" where they were by a nuclear reactor in full meltdown and the solution to the radiation as I recall, was to "hold their breath") ...I never really watched the original MacGyver, but only three episodes into the new one, it seemed about the same caliber.

It's an overly critical personal pet-peeve of mine, but does anyone else get annoyed by this sort of thing?

I agree, the MacGyver motif and Scorpion motif are bullshit. They DONT reflect scientific reality one bit. They are entertainment., nothing more.

Glad you brought that up. I have my sugar coated crap I love, like the original Charlies Angels, but even with Star Trek fans, I get a lip twitch when they argue like you are picking on religion.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-05-2017, 05:19 PM
But on the thread topic ...it's funny to me to go back to movies like "Critters 3" and see teen Leonardo Dicaprio, or "Cyborg 2" and see a very young Angelina Jolie. ...or my personal favorite: "Return of the Killer Tomatoes" for George Clooney (honestly, this was a terrific movie if you are into funny as hell schlock b-movies! John Astin was such a hysterical villain in that one!)
24-05-2017, 05:24 PM
(24-05-2017 05:19 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  But on the thread topic ...it's funny to me to go back to movies like "Critters 3" and see teen Leonardo Dicaprio, or "Cyborg 2" and see a very young Angelina Jolie. ...or my personal favorite: "Return of the Killer Tomatoes" for George Clooney (honestly, this was a terrific movie if you are into funny as hell schlock b-movies! John Astin was such a hysterical villain in that one!)

I can bring the A Team into this too.

24-05-2017, 05:31 PM
(24-05-2017 05:19 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I agree, the MacGyver motif and Scorpion motif are bullshit. They DONT reflect scientific reality one bit. They are entertainment., nothing more.

Glad you brought that up. I have my sugar coated crap I love, like the original Charlies Angels, but even with Star Trek fans, I get a lip twitch when they argue like you are picking on religion.

At least MacGyver doesn't have the splash screen saying it's based on real stuff at the beginning. I always think "Scorpion" is an idiots view of what a genius is, much like Donald Trump is an idiots view of what a millionaire is.

I absolutely love a bunch of the "sugar-coated crap" ...I'm a useless encyclopedia of older b-movies!
24-05-2017, 05:32 PM
When we are talking about the bullshit of Hollywood magic, we can even talk about the 1970s cop show "CHIPS'.

They never draw their guns. And those big boxy cars always manage to hit the back of another boxy car and still flip over it. Watch enough episodes and look closely under the lead car, you can see the RAMPS the stunt organizers put on the back of it.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post