Toothpaste aluminum foil and gun powder.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Toothpaste aluminum foil and gun powder.
(24-05-2017 05:51 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 05:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I did wonder what the hell the thread title was all about but I decided it was some sort of formula for something I didn't understand and wasn't about to embarrass myself by asking what it was because everyone else knew what it was and I was just a complete idiot so I'm just going to blithely act like I know what it is.

....yeah.

Get a grip, did you notice the SECTION I posted it in?

I wasn't posting a PHD dissertation. It was posted in the MOVIE TV section.

It obviously worked on you otherwise why did you respond? The title was meant to get a response.

Don't take life so seriously, you wont get out of it alive.

Bhahahaha. My post was rather tongue in cheek-ish. I was making a sort of funny comment, Brian. Guess my humor didn't resonate.

BTW, I always liked the name Brian. It's one of my favorite male names.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2017, 06:08 PM
(24-05-2017 05:31 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 05:19 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I agree, the MacGyver motif and Scorpion motif are bullshit. They DONT reflect scientific reality one bit. They are entertainment., nothing more.

Glad you brought that up. I have my sugar coated crap I love, like the original Charlies Angels, but even with Star Trek fans, I get a lip twitch when they argue like you are picking on religion.

At least MacGyver doesn't have the splash screen saying it's based on real stuff at the beginning. I always think "Scorpion" is an idiots view of what a genius is, much like Donald Trump is an idiots view of what a millionaire is.

I absolutely love a bunch of the "sugar-coated crap" ...I'm a useless encyclopedia of older b-movies!

I like sugar coated crap myself depending. But lets face it, there is far too much crap now and not enough education.

If media constituted realty then any Russ Meyer film could be used for sex education.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Now I have to ask,

Which one?

The original Hawaii 5-0 or the new one?

I say outside of the new Kono, nothing beats Jack Lord.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2017, 07:24 PM
(24-05-2017 06:14 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Now I have to ask,

Which one?

The original Hawaii 5-0 or the new one?

I say outside of the new Kono, nothing beats Jack Lord.

I got into the new Hawaii 5-0 for the first couple of seasons, but then fell off with it; it seemed like it was promoting values that were a little scary to me (screw constitutional rights ...we have the governor's stamp). I tried re-watching the first season of the original a while back (we watched it nearly every week when I was a kid), and I just couldn't get back into it.

I loved the writing for "The Closer" but it was the same sort of thing ...when the greatest tool in her arsenal generally was tricking people into forfeiting their rights, I got a little queasy realizing her tactics in "the real world" could send a lot of innocent people down the river.

...I never claim to be anything besides a little weird in the first place, but some older shows hold up with me better than others over the years. It's a lot of fun to watch stuff I loved as a kid today ...most of the time I think "OMG ...how did I ever make it through this?!"
24-05-2017, 07:30 PM

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-05-2017, 08:39 AM
(24-05-2017 03:50 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  A little bit of useless TV trivia but just now I was watching a rerun of the original series MacGyver and the guest actress at the time was a kid, who is now the famous character on The Big Bang Theory "Amy Farrah Fowler" the actress name is Mayim Bialik. For fans of the show, Amy is the love interest of Sheldon Cooper.

I cannot watch BBT, as Sheldon's girlfriends looks almost identical to one of my first ever girlfriends, who I split up with as she was a terrible person to be around.

Gives me the heebie-jeebies No

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post