Top 21-30(+) Creationist Arguments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: Top 21-30(+) Creationist Arguments
(03-01-2015 01:41 AM)Bear100 Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 11:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If I had a nickel. Look asking the same question to them is not going to work. Why? Because they do have one witness, and that is their god. Because of this they will say god was there to witness it. In fact you will hear ken ham say it all the time that god was always there. The real rebutal is this.

Creationist: Evolution is not true, I mean where you there?

Skeptic: No, but being there does not mean that it is reliable. In fact eyewitness testimony is the worst form of evidence. Crime is a prime example, as many eyewitness accounts are debunked by the forensics. Same goes with evolution. Just because no human watched it all does not mean it is true. Evidence like transitional fossils, taxonomy, DNA, molecular clocks, etc, etc, all show evolution is correct and conform to what we expect in evolutionary theory.

Say what skeptic said, it is better as it shows being there is not good enough evidence, and that evidence is about demonstration, not witnessing.

That seems a more logical rebuttal, but I've done a little bit of research and evolution actually has been observed previously in peppered moths (a famous example) and continues to be observed today under laboratory settings, so I'll probably put that instead.

(02-01-2015 11:47 PM)Ace Wrote:  Regarding AiG statement of faith on their website

they say the bible is true and absolutely nothing under any circumstances would ever make them change their mind, right ?

well lets ask them that question, we know the answer which is why its worth asking it
after they give us the answer which everyone expected

ask them what if god appeared before them and everyone could see, touch, hear, and even take videos of him, and god himself said that the bible is complete bullshit and he had no part in it

what would Ham say to this ? after all if he said nothing will ever change his , so accepting it means he has admit his beliefs in the damn book is wrong (which he previously stated something he would never admit)
and rejecting it means he could has to reject the actual word of god

how would he and his minions respond to this ?

I feel like "bible is absolute truth and nothing can change my mind" is another argument altogether. Again it's a weak argument that goes nowhere and sounds very silly when you replace the word "bible" with any other fiction. e.g. "the hobbit is absolute truth and nothing can change my mind"

actually hobbits do exist, we just call them Homo Floresiensis Smartass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

besides that doesn't answer my questino on what the deluded nut would say in response to my question,, besides deleting it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 05:05 AM
(03-01-2015 02:59 AM)Ace Wrote:  besides that doesn't answer my questino on what the deluded nut would say in response to my question,, besides deleting it

If you wait, I'm sure a deluded nut will be here soon to answer it Yes

One which I hear quite a lot from a mate of mine is "You assume there is no God, therefore whenever something happens you assume there's a natural explanation and therefore find no evidence for God"... I'm a bit unsure how to answer this TBH. Like... why the fuck would I assume there was an invisible being doing random shit?

Earthquake -> There must be a person doing it, it's not like plate tectonics is a thing... But I can't see them.

Therefore Earthquake -> Invisible person doing it. QE fucking D Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-01-2015, 05:20 AM
(03-01-2015 05:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 02:59 AM)Ace Wrote:  besides that doesn't answer my questino on what the deluded nut would say in response to my question,, besides deleting it

One which I hear quite a lot from a mate of mine is "You assume there is no God, therefore whenever something happens you assume there's a natural explanation and therefore find no evidence for God"... I'm a bit unsure how to answer this TBH. Like... why the fuck would I assume there was an invisible being doing random shit?

Earthquake -> There must be a person doing it, it's not like plate tectonics is a thing... But I can't see them.

Simple. Tell him every time he thinks his god is the answer, ask him to replace god with invisible undetectable all-powerful trans-dimensional emotionally stunted space wizard and see if it makes any more or less sense, and ask him to justify his answer. Hilarity usually ensues.

Well, at least you'll think it's funny. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-01-2015, 05:51 AM
(03-01-2015 05:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  

actually there are people who think earthquakes are caused by god

03-01-2015, 06:14 AM
(02-01-2015 02:47 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  6. 2.2 billion Christians can't be wrong
Just like 1.6 billion Islams can't be wrong...

As if Islam wasn't fractured enough! Laughat

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-01-2015, 06:37 AM
(03-01-2015 01:41 AM)Bear100 Wrote:  That seems a more logical rebuttal, but I've done a little bit of research and evolution actually has been observed previously in peppered moths (a famous example) and continues to be observed today under laboratory settings, so I'll probably put that instead.

If I had a dollar. This is sadly everyone falls for, and for that ken ham has earned a point from me. Observed=/= eyewitness, even people who accept evolution fall for it. Observed means to perceive,notice,and see. So if we see a transitional fossil like Gerobatrachus and notices its anuran and caudata like traits the we just observed evolution right there.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Where is the God has provided me sufficient knowledge for knowing his existence and that he did x.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Non-Sequiturs

p1. X is possible or exists or is true
p2. blah blah blah
c. therefore Y is true/exists

example:
p1. the US is a nation
p2. the founders were christians
p3. majority of american citizens are christians
c. therefore the US is a christian nation

now its time to play with it
replace the word christian with anything like:
men, obese, smelly, british, pirate, bacon Drooling
03-01-2015, 08:03 AM
(03-01-2015 07:02 AM)Ace Wrote:  Non-Sequiturs

p1. X is possible or exists or is true
p2. blah blah blah
c. therefore Y is true/exists

example:
p1. the US is a nation
p2. the founders were christians
p3. majority of american citizens are christians
c. therefore the US is a christian nation

now its time to play with it
replace the word christian with anything like:
men, obese, smelly, british, pirate, bacon Drooling

Consider

The US is a nation
The founders were obese smelly British pirate bacon-eating men.
Therefore the US is an obese smelly British pirate bacon-eating men nation.

Sounds legit Smile

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-01-2015, 11:53 AM
(03-01-2015 06:54 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Where is the God has provided me sufficient knowledge for knowing his existence and that he did x.

here's a video on how people managed to establish direct communication with god :

now watch the video while I do some stuff *carefully sneaks behind ClyddLee with a mallet* Yes Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like Ace's post