Top 5 Reasons Why God's Not Dead Sucks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: Top 5 Reasons Why God's Not Dead Sucks!
(10-10-2014 07:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So nobody is going to be constructive in this thread?

Dodgy

I will.

The voice-over worked better than the 'talking head'. You have a good voice.

Why was the first reason labeled as #7? Was it supposed to be surreal?

Less is more... you were swinging between critiquing christianity and critiquing the movie about christianity. Both are valid but they are for different target audiences.

For me, the bits that were aimed at explaining to christians what was wrong with the movie worked better than the 'knowing winks' to the atheist viewers.

Editing ... very good. I particularly liked the Star Trek moment. Nicely done there.

Please also note the criticism in the posts above... you are here, as in real life, likely to get better results with a little 'relatonship management'.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-10-2014, 01:22 AM
(11-10-2014 01:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Please also note the criticism in the posts above... you are here, as in real life, likely to get better results with a little 'relatonship management'.
*relationship

Angel

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-10-2014, 05:14 AM
First post is a link to their own video?
Obvious rule breech is obvious.
11-10-2014, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 06:43 AM by Mathilda.)
Half an hour long? First 5 minutes about some story? I got bored listening to the slow dawdling talking before I even got to know what the story was about.

If it was me I would have edited it down to no more than 10 minutes max (aim for 5). You don't have a captive audience on youtube. Ask yourself this, why would anyone want to watch it? Strip out every spare second that you can. You need to get across your point in the most efficient way possible. Maybe try scripting what you have to say rather than make it up as you go along.

In the minute you spend saying that the video sucks you could be pointing out specific flaws. In fact I'd leave the conclusion to the audience. Don't tell them what to think because it makes them more sceptical of what you have to say. They'll also come to the conclusion that you are just expressing your own personal taste which is of no interest to anyone except yourself. Just point out the flaws and the good points if there are any.

I didn't watch it properly because of the editing. I just jumped through parts of it.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
11-10-2014, 07:00 PM
1. If those kids were given that choice in real life to declare their god not real or fail the class. Why go through all that debate shit? A phone call to the ACLU would had ended that movie in less then 15 minutes.

2. Misrepresents atheists on every level.

3. Misrepresents american muslims.

4. Weak debates that ended with horrible logical fallacies.

5. Pushes the weak ass argument that all atheists will repent if they are in danger or going to die.

There you go. 5 reasons why this movie sucks. Admitedly, I think it sucks less than most of the other movies.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
14-10-2014, 10:17 AM
(11-10-2014 07:00 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  1. If those kids were given that choice in real life to declare their god not real or fail the class. Why go through all that debate shit? A phone call to the ACLU would had ended that movie in less then 15 minutes.

2. Misrepresents atheists on every level.

3. Misrepresents american muslims.

4. Weak debates that ended with horrible logical fallacies.

5. Pushes the weak ass argument that all atheists will repent if they are in danger or going to die.

There you go. 5 reasons why this movie sucks. Admitedly, I think it sucks less than most of the other movies.

I agree! It sucked a lot less than other Christian films. I liked it and enjoyed it.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 10:24 AM
(14-10-2014 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I agree! It sucked a lot less than other Christian films. I liked it and enjoyed it.

I, too, agree God's not dead..... because God never existed in the first place.

I have no desire to watch a propaganda filled movie that doesn't even understand the basic premise of atheism. I.e. There is/are no god(s).

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post