2. Lost - good old fashioned enigmatic mystery
3. Survivorman - too few seasons but enjoyable in a way I can't describe
4. Seinfeld - still makes me laugh
5. Family Guy - nothing is sacred

6. Six Feet Under - great characters
7. X-Files - not always great but I loved many of the episodes
8. Fawlty Towers - hilarious
9. Star Trek TNG - again not always great but a few episodes are in my tops

I have to start Breaking Bad, it looks great.

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
Dana Gould
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 01:36 PM
RE: Top 5 favorite TV shows and why
Man Northern Exposure was a great show till Joel left.

(10-03-2011 08:51 AM)Dregs Wrote:  Man if I could pull from all time periods:

1. Mad About You
2. M.A.S.H
3. Cheers
4. Seinfeld
5. All In The Family (yes I'm that old)
6. Mork and Mindy
7. ER
8. Northern Exposure
9. Simpsons
10. Night Court

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I typically hate television but I can do this.
In no particular order.

QI: This is a great learning tool disguised as a game show. Stephen Fry is hilarious as are his guests usually. Just discovered it so I get to watch hour after hour without having to wait... lucky.

Canada's Worst Driver/Handyman: I cheated here because these two shows are nearly identical in so many ways including host that I fear mentioning them both separately is too similar to repeating myself. Funny stuff pointing out other peoples ignorance in the most casually mundane things. I.E. Me smarter than you cause you is dumber than me.

Now I'm stretching and may have to include shows from the past.... thinking.... thinking...

Batman, The 90's cartoon: It was just great is all.

Daily Show: John Stewart is doing an amazing thing whether he knows it or not. Drawing attention to the lack of news reporting done on news channels. He is also forcing those same news channels to work harder you know minus Fox news who just makes stuff up.

Daily Planet(although we'll see after Jays last show): Not really my favorite program simply because it doesn't deal with enough things that interest me. Other than that I do like the show because it brings science more mainstream, and does so in an interesting way, minus that guy who does the on the street science experiments he just sucks.

I used to like Shogun, even though I wasn't alive then, and Kung Fu. But I loved David Carradine because he just couldn't be bothered to care about what other people thought of him. Plus he died in a sort of funny way.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
14-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Battlestar Galactica, Scrubs, Rome, Malcolm In The Middle, HIMYM seasons 1, 2, 3,4.

Guilty pleasure: Buffy.
24-12-2011, 12:03 PM
My top 5 favourite TV shows are:
1. Dexter.
2. American Idol.
3. Friends.
4. House.
5. Gossip Girl.
Friends is the funniest show ever.
03-09-2012, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 11:04 AM by FSM_scot.)
My top five TV show's are :-
Martin
Mad Men
American dad
The glades
Dog the bounty hunter
22-02-2013, 03:22 AM
(No particular order)
1) Family Guy- Genius, hilarious, one of the only shows I can quote just by hearing something that reminds me of it...

2) Friends-Yeah. I admit it. I have seen every episode. Phoebe. 'nuff said

3) Trueblood- Again, I said it. It's addicting. (I loved vampires before it was "cool again."

4) American Dad- Seth Macfarlane is amazing. He makes points that are so true to what I believe.

5) The Soup- Can't go a week without it. I need to see the screwed up mix of everything that is television now days. And I have a crush on Joel Mchale. He knows how to read a prompter and deliver a joke.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
23-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Boston Legal
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Family Guy
The 6 O'Clock News

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
24-02-2013, 03:44 AM
1) Babylon 5 Season 1
2) Babylon 5 Season 4
3) Babylon 5 Season 2
4) Babylon 5 Season 3
5) Babylon 5 Season 5

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Damn it! I forgot How I Met Your Mother. I take my other list back. Family Guy and American Dad are on the same line. They are a tie. Definitely HAVE to include HIMYM. It is amazing and I always like to brag that I'm not one of those emotional chicks, but I have cried a few times. It's awesome. Heart I like to think of my life like that. I'm going to tell my children the crazy, roller coaster ride that was me finding love and junk. Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King