Top 5 favorite TV shows and why

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
15-03-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: Top 5 favorite TV shows and why
(15-03-2013 10:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 09:21 AM)Vera Wrote:  Blessed are those who have found the ultimate answer to everything. [Image: meditate.gif]
Nuh-uh! Insane. Big Grin
The difference being?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 11:06 AM
(15-03-2013 10:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 10:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nuh-uh! Insane. Big Grin
The difference being?
The difference being, I'm right and you're wrong. So there! Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 11:40 AM
(15-03-2013 11:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The difference being, I'm right and you're wrong.
Yeah, I guess I was wrong... about that infantility thing Tongue

But yeah, being wrong is my default position...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
15-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Okay, I don't have a television, but I maintain my Criminal Minds addiction via the CBS website. They upload the new episodes as they come out, usually on Thursdays around midnight CST. I can't help but love the show. Season 8 has been so disappointing for some fans, but I still love the show, even though I think some things could have been taken out altogether (for other fans who know what I'm talking about: the entire Maeve storyline was crap. Hated it, and knew what was going to happen from the time they released spoilers in August that Reid would have a girlfriend. I understand they're using his reaction in Zugzwang for future episodes, but still. Three episodes of Maeve wasn't enough for me to like her, so the only sad thing in Zugzwang was seeing Reid cry because I do love him Wink The Tobias Hankle episodes from season 2 were way better. Leave Reid alone!)

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
13-04-2013, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 03:01 PM by Atheist_pilgrim.)
The Walking Dead - big fan of the comic, and the TV show is compelling as well. I like the characters and how they interact, plus I'm a sucker for the whole post-apocalyptic thing. And who doesn't get off on zombie mayhem?

Game of Thrones - love the first three books, but am hesitant to keep reading because of mixed reviews for books 4 and 5 (plus, the author is slow and some fear he may not live to finish the series). But the show is a great ride, and so far they've managed to keep up with a large amount of intriguing and complex characters in a well-crafted fantasy world.

Californication - I enjoy following the crazy life journey of Hank Moody as he tries to write, keep his daughter close, and woo his lost love while living life to the fullest.

Pawn Stars - I like finding out the backstory of the unique items that come into the shop, plus the family dynamic between the principles is funny.

Vikings - I'm of Scandinavian stock, so I find this segment of history fascinating, especially since I've visited Norway, Denmark, and Sweden.

Honorable Mentions: Comic Book Men (I'm a longtime comic geek), Tosh.0 (funny), Workaholics (ditto), The Jeselnik Offensive (ditto x2), The Daily Show/Colbert Report (newsy & funny).
20-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Hmmm, lets see... no particular order....

Game of Thrones - based on my favorite books it is an adaptation that remains largely faithful to the work of the author which after watching shows like Dexter I am very grateful for. The acting is superb, the shooting locations, costumes, music everything shines and brings forth what is on the page. One can't have all the detail the books get but considering the scope of the project and what I have seen so far I can't really complain. Jaime you are so misunderstood!

The Shield - Vic Mackey has to be one of my favorite characters to be brought onto the screen. The story of his Strike Team and the consequences of their actions is simply too good to pass up. Have recently been slowly rewatching this show and its as good as when I first watched.

The Wire - Might be arguably my favorite show, the gritty realism of trying to "fight" crime in Baltimore and the utter chaos and dysfunction of the system there is an amazing feat to behold. Getting the story from many angles makes this seemingly little known show what it is. From police, drug dealers, politicians, ordinary citizens... we get to see the realities of life here and that the system truly does not work for the betterment of its residents, only for its players.

Breaking Bad - Bryan Cranston truly shines here and seeing where he started from, a man making a desperate choice to get money for his family until he dies of cancer to his slow fall to madness is truly a haunting showing.

Farscape - My favorite sci-fi show (yes more than Firefly) this ended much too soon. I found this show to be amusing to watch, could never get enough on John and his eccentric human behavior and the sparks he created with crewmates. Could real aliens be this much fun?
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Star Trek: The Next Generation - my favorite of all the Star Trek series. The storylines on the whole were solid and the characters were enduring and likable.

Battlestar Galactica - the Sci-Fi Channel remake that ran a few years back. I believe this was a vastly underrated show with quality acting and writing that never got its due respect because of its science fiction premise.

NCIS - for me this show is all about the characters, all of whom (in my mind) are very likable.

The Office - before Michael Scott was written out of the show. The Booze Cruise episode sold the series for me.

Bones - I recently discovered this series on Netflix and I'm really liking the characters and storylines.
30-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, I'm late to this party, but it's still fun.

1: Game of Thrones: Because it has great casting, costuming, cinematography, multiple interesting storylines, and it doesn't crap all over it's source material, but is pretty true to the books.

2: Breaking Bad: Best drama I've seen in years and years. I'm constantly amazed at how a show with so little action can keep me on the edge of my seat every week. One episode kept me awake for part of 3 nights, horrified by the gritty reality of it.

3: Project Runway. I love and hate this show at the same time. I sew, a LOT, so I love the sewing/fashion aspect, but I hate the fakey drama aspect. And Heidie Kloom dresses like a 50 year old whore, and needs to accept her age gracefully.

(That's it for shows I'm currently watching, so now for oldies but goodies)

4: Star Trek TNG. It is endlessly rewatchable, great characters and stories. It had it's up's and downs, but when it was up, it was UP.

5: Golden Girls. Yeah, there, I said it. It's a great comedy, and Betty White is the sexiest , funniest dirty old woman alive. The entire cast was funny, though most are gone now. I'm not even 40, but I find the humor in this show charming, witty, and also important. Not enough shows celebrate old age, especially old women.

I agree an honorable mention needs to go to House, a show I looked forward to every week, rarely missed, and was sad when it ended. However, I just don't find myself watching it in re-runs
Other honorable mentions must go to:
M.A.S.H: Possibly the best TV show ever made. It was just a little out of my era, but I still love it.
Seinfeld: It's still funny in reruns almost 15 years after going off the air.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
17-06-2013, 02:14 AM
I don't like watching TV, but i think there is some shows that i like.

1. phineas and ferb. oh, i'm still mad about cartoons.
2. fringe. it's the first tv serie that i finished its all episodes. that was wonderful, so i still miss walter bishop
3. Hellsing Ultimate. *-*. I think i prefer real vampires.
4. Madagascar Penguins.
5. and finally, Doctor Who.

Sorry for bad English or mistakes. English isn't my motherlanguage. Sadcryface
17-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Nova - it's science.
Nature - it's science.
Masterpiece Classic - good drama.
Masterpiece Mystery - good mystery.
Independent Lens - expands my horizons.

These are all PBS shows.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user