Top 5 favorite TV shows and why

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
24-06-2013, 12:04 AM
RE: Top 5 favorite TV shows and why
1. Arrested Development - Few television shows merit as many repeats as Arrested Development. It's one of the most layered television shows ever made; I've seen certain episodes at least four times and I always catch some new bit of humor. It's almost unearthly how good the writing here is.

2. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - SVU reaches the boundaries of acceptable depiction depravity but is classy enough never to go over. It does not attempt shock value, but can often be more terrifying because of that restraint. The detectives all work well together, and I even like the two newest cast members, Danny Pino and Amanda Rollins. In addition, it's not often we see strong female leads in television that don't adhere to stock personalities, but Mariska Hargitay's Olivia Benson is one of the best female characters out on the small screen. Even after fourteen seasons, this show certainly hasn't lost its touch.

3. Batman: The Animated Series - This dark portrayal of Bruce Wayne had fantastic animation and was wrought with both tragedy and twisted psychology. This show, along with its spinoff shows and movies (also all fantastic), showed Bruce Wayne was being insane; after all, if you think about it, it's hard not to see a vigilante dressed as a bat as being mentally broken in some way. No film or television series has shown Batman with such a depth and in such a negative light.

4. Aqua Teen Hunger Force - The non-sequitur stoner humor may alienate some, but it's that kind of strangeness that makes this show infinitely watchable. Is it witty? Not really. But it is very much a guilty pleasure of mine.

5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - What this show has done is astounding, taking some of the most despicably selfish people on the planet and somehow making them likable. The comedic performances are all perfect here, and the chemistry suggests a strong friendship away from the cameras. Special props go to Danny DeVito, who joined in season two and still managed to steal every scene he's in.

Honorable mentions go to Archer, Sherlock, and Case Closed.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 12:37 AM
1.person of interest.
This has a really nice twist. Almost every shows about criminality are about solving crimes. Here,they prevent the crime(by killing lots and lots of bad guys)
And i like how the characters slowly develop.
2.fringe.
It made me run to the tv when it was on. I stopped watching when the breaks and start were not blue,but red.
3.house md
gotta looove a guy like that
4.castle.
Great detective show. But as always,they had to ruin it with romance.
5.arrow.
The most believable hero from all the others.
And that he kills people is a plus.

Cartoon shows.
1.Pheneas and ferb.
A need to watch funny show about 2 really bright kids,and a mad scientist.
2. Penguings of madacascar.
Not the movie,that sux.
3.generator rex.
Awsome,slow romance,but still awsome
4. Aang,the last airbender
not the new one,that one sucks dick. Too many romance. And the movie sucked too.
5.justice league.
Im talking about the one with many members,not the original

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
24-06-2013, 10:42 PM
1. Doctor Who - because no one is cooler than the doctor
2. Big Bang Theory - funniest show ever
3. Bones
4. Dexter
5. Grey's Anatomy (no judgement please Wink
30-06-2013, 12:55 AM
1. Dexter (psychological terror and an antihero I can root for).
2. Criminal Minds (consistently creative criminals and gruesome torture make for riveting viewing)
3. Any anime. ^_^

I don't watch too many DVDs nowadays. Usually I read non-fiction books or play video games in my free time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any new shows being cancelled that you think deserve a second chance beeglez 8 141 12-05-2014 09:11 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Favorite Atheist Celebrity? Virgo Supercluster 15 253 07-05-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  TV shows everyone like but you hate. Metazoa Zeke 53 779 30-04-2014 07:53 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Top 10 Favorite Movies TheHappyAtheist15 34 2,791 18-04-2014 09:23 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Favorite movie/movies of all time! Crulax 10 299 11-02-2014 09:55 AM
Last Post: Grasshopper
  Your favorite Disney moments BrokenQuill92 8 218 10-02-2014 02:56 PM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Shows that are supposed to be funny but are just stupid BrokenQuill92 15 429 06-02-2014 03:43 PM
Last Post: Gilgamesh