Top Ten Most Overrated Films

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 08:45 AM
RE: Top Ten Most Overrated Films
I think you're right BC. I love superhero movies and I love suspense but this movie was neither.

The storyline is such a slog. The big reveal is horrendous.

The best part of the movie got cut down to half and can only be fully viewed on the extras. It was the weights scene.
The worst part of the movie is the rest of it.
M. Night is a bad director with one hit. And I prefer A Stir Of Echoes.

Unbreakable should be renamed as my auto correct thinks, into unbearable.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
16-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Wait, so now I have to download the EXTENDED version? Or that doesn't exist and there are only extras?? What The Fuck?? I have a feeling this movie is gonna stay in my "downloads" dir for a long time...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2012, 09:25 AM
You know what pisses me off, when a trailer has a scene in it that makes you want to watch the movie, but then when you do it's not in there... so you buy the dvd for the deleted scenes hoping it's in there but it isn't... so you look at the trailers... and it isn't in there.... WTF.

This happened to me with Step Brothers (which I find hilarious for some reason)

The burying scene at around the 50 second mark. The He'll never know you're gone part. Makes me laugh every time he says it.... and it wasn't anywhere on the dvd.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
16-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Such a great movie, such a great actor. Actors.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-04-2012, 04:01 AM
1. The Godfather. I really don't know what to say...I really can't work out why anyone likes this movie, to be honest. It's not that I hate old movies or even long ones, it's just that this goes for an hour or so longer than it needed to, and all the lines seem to be mumbled.

2. The Wizard of Oz. Enough said, really--I understand that this is the most referenced movie ever, and that it was part of a lot of people's childhoods so they're going to get nostalgic about it. I didn't see it until I was 15 or 16, and I don't really get what all the fuss is about. It's average, not brilliant.

3. Napoleon Dynamite. It's bland, it's poorly directed...this is more of a hipster movie than anything else that I've seen. It literally screams, "Love me because I'll make you different."

4. Nico: Above the Law. Stevan Stegal, this was your first movie and I will never watch another that you were in. How did this fuck up? Well, bad action sequences and poor characterisations sums it up pretty well.

5. Rushmore. Bah!

6. Memento. I liked it, but...it's worth a 7/10, not 8.6/10.

7. Terminator 2. Pretty much the same as for Memento, but also: I hated the kid in this one. Something about him just annoyed me.

Yeah, that's all I can come up with.
15-04-2012, 07:27 AM
1. Citizen Kane: Might've been the next big thing back in its day but now it's just a boring movie
Besides that I actually haven't seen any movie where I thought "people really praise this movie too much" except for movies directed at teenagers like Fantastic Four, Twilight, Harry Potter, etc. They don't count

Most underrated movies however
1. Blade Runner: my all favorite movie but these days alot of people forgot about it
2. Sunshine: interesting Sci-fi that might turn into a slasher halfway throught but is actually all about metaphores
3. The fountain: Thought-provoking movie that's hard to understand but really interesting
4. Gatacca: Thought-provoking, well written

chan chan ki sikin aman
17-04-2012, 05:51 AM
(16-03-2012 01:37 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I... hated Unbreakable.

(16-03-2012 08:45 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think you're right BC. I love superhero movies and I love suspense but this movie was neither.

Ah shit! Well I guess this is something we are just going to have to disagree on. For me this film was a great ‘What If?’ film dealing with numerous superhero themes. It probably helps that I’m a huge fan of Comic Book What Ifs, which have become something of a genre unto itself. (I long for the day someone gets their hands on the film rights to Superman: Red Son)

Still, I in no way endorse M. Night. Shama-lama-I’m-Keeping-my-maiden-name-after-we-marry as a writer, film maker or artist. I think we can all agree he has more regularly than not, produced shit for the past decade.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
[+] 1 user Likes Dunhill808's post
19-04-2012, 04:37 PM
1. The Passion.
2. The Passion.
3. The Passion.
4. The Passion.
5. The Passion.
6. The Passion.
7. The Passion.
8. The Passion.
9. The Passion.
and...
10. The Passion.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
19-04-2012, 04:41 PM
People hating on The Godfather and Citizen Kane makes my brain cry.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
24-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Well, at least we have a potential quarantine thread. I recommend anyone that feels they are in a trolling mood come to this post and unleash their /rage. lol!