Top Ten Most Overrated Films

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: Top Ten Most Overrated Films
earmuffs, if your avatar wasn't the Brain, I'd be really mad. Tongue

Nah, I get what you're saying, I just don't agree.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-04-2012, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 12:28 PM by Antirepublican.)
(09-03-2012 02:07 PM)Chilly Wrote:  The Matrix(all three) - I found the movies pretty boring and just awful.
Titanic - I treat that as if it were a comedy, especially the sinking part when people were falling the boat.
Star Wars - Can not understand the hype it gets, I have seen all but alas I hate it.
Avatar - Saw it and can't help but, wonder why I and others paid money to see it.
Back To The Future - I can't really explain it but I have always wondered why it is raved about. Never saw the appeal of it.
Indiana Jones - Dire.
Clerks - I like Kevin Smith, everyone told me it was good but I couldn't get in to it. Disappointingly underwhelming.
Batman Begins - Just thought it was crap, in all honesty.
Scarface - Meh.
The Godfather 1-2 - Bored every time I have seen them.
Your taste in movies is just awful...are at least completely opposite of my own.
I can see you saying some of them are overrated, but not bad.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
30-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I agree that the matrix was a waste of time trilogy. Only movie I've liked keanu reaves in was bill & ted. I can understand people liking the first movie, but the second went too far into badly choreographed fight scenes and the third overinjected plot heavily.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
30-04-2012, 01:58 PM
#1 - The top winner....no contest...any and ALL
M. Night Shyamalan movies. They all suck equally...accept for "Signs", which was so horrible I think I actually gagged half way through the movie and begged that we turn it off. I use it as a measuring stick for how tasteless American's are for art and entertainment. IMDB currently has it as a 6.8 out of 10 from 150,000 voters. Which basically tells me that if you scoop up 100,000 Americans, roughly 70% of them are easily amused and have no class.

#2 - ALL Steven Segal movies... he was the
M. Night Shyamalan before M. Night Shyamalan came around and blew him out of the water for his lack in suckiness.

Well...that pretty much sums it up. If you watch any of these types of movies then any other movie will seem much better in comparison.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
[+] 2 users Like reverendjeremiah's post
30-04-2012, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 07:36 PM by Antirepublican.)
Good call, any Steven Seagal move is just terrible.His biggest problem is that throughout all his movies he is essentially the same character. He might be on a different mission, but his acting repertoire only consists of one character, himself and he isn't even all that good at that. On top of that his martial arts style, capability, is poor and best, which is always dreadfully obvious when you watch any of the choreographed fight scenes. Its almost so pathetic it would make you want to cry....

The good news is that his movies are so terrible that they won't even air them on TV most of the time.

LOL, look at this,
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/steven_seagal/

So many rotten tomatoes....and he deserves them all.

PS: I tried watching signs a couple times, because I heard it was good, but I could never get past maybe 5 mins when I saw it on TV.
30-04-2012, 05:44 PM
(30-04-2012 12:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  earmuffs, if your avatar wasn't the Brain, I'd be really mad. Tongue

Nah, I get what you're saying, I just don't agree.
Tongue , The Brain is my number one hero. Aims high and never gives up, what more can you ask for when looking for inspiration.

Fair enough.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
30-04-2012, 06:16 PM
People that make movies suck?

Nicholas Cage
Ben Affleck
Tom Cruise
Richard Gere

Those fuckers just bug me. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-04-2012, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 07:55 PM by Antirepublican.)
I am not much for celebrity worship, in fact I hate it, but there is one name that I do associate with good movies, Bruce Willis. I don't think I have ever seen a movie he has made that was ever really bad.

Though I don't generally try to judge films by their actors. The only real exceptions are Steven Seagal at one extreme, and Bruce Willis on the other.
And technically I even watches the Steven Seagal movies, though I try to avoid re-watching them.
30-04-2012, 07:51 PM
(30-04-2012 07:48 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  I am not much for celebrity worship, in fact I hate it, but there is one name that I do associate with good movies, Bruce Willis. I don't think I have ever seen a movie he has made that was ever really bad.
I'd say there are no bad Alec Guinness, Jimmy Stewart, or Tom Hanks movies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I dislike both forest gump and Tom hanks. Though I generally like Tom hanks movies. Especially his 80's adventures. Joes volcano anyone.... Anyone...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison