Top Ten Ways To Destroy The Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Top Ten Ways To Destroy The Earth
http://www.livescience.com/17875-destroy...msday.html

Strangelets? Vacuum energy? Hurled into the Sun? Lordy me! What's next?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: Top Ten Ways To Destroy The Earth
Let's stay on point and on message:
Religion leads to climate change deniers (because god designed the earth perfectly).
Religion leads to the rapture too, which, if it keeps on not-coming, will probably one day force a pope to help scripture a hand.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
21-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Does destroying humanity count ? If it does, how about breeding a very unstable virus in some lab . It should have a high Infectivity and a long incubation period. like this it would spread around most of the world in no time, and be hard to combat...
21-09-2013, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2013 06:04 PM by DeepThought.)
My favourite way to obliterate this planet would be to detonate a gigatonne nuke in the suns atmosphere.

Send a nuke to the sun with some heat sheilding so it survives the journey. Then detonate within the suns atmosphere.

The suns energy output would be increased for a while by that shockwave. The increased solar wind can strip away the earth's atmosphere, oceans can boil away, leaving behind bare rock. Bye bye little fungus coating inhabiting the surface of that planet.

Maybe that idea is bullshit. In that case the backup plan would be to find a large metalic asteroid 20 km across and play billiards with earth. Pop!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Yeah, nuclear explosions is continuously going on on the sun's surface, so 1 extra bomb won't do it.

OT: Detonate something on the moon to have it drift off? Or drift back up in here!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
22-09-2013, 03:23 AM
(19-09-2013 10:51 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://www.livescience.com/17875-destroy...msday.html

Strangelets? Vacuum energy? Hurled into the Sun? Lordy me! What's next?

Quote:Total existence failure
Credit: suravid | Shutterstock
You will need: nothing

Method: No method. Simply sit back and twiddle your thumbs as, completely by chance, all 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms making up the planet Earth suddenly, simultaneously and spontaneously cease to exist. Note: The odds against this actually ever occurring are considerably greater than a googolplex to one. Failing this, some kind of arcane (read: scientifically laughable) probability-manipulation device may be employed.

Earth.exe has stopped working, this program will now shut down.

Gotta say, that was a pretty cool list.

Personally, if I had to destroy the Earth, I'd do it with style.
Lets say.. take a standard hydrogen bomb and from the base Fusion warhead design, make a weapon with an explosive yield of a Petaton (one million billion tons of TNT) or so.
If the doesn't destroy the Earth, it'll certainly fuck it up bad.
It'd be fucking expensive and with today's tech, probably impossible but I ask you a question, dear readers: If it was possible, then why the fuck not?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
28-09-2013, 11:18 PM
(19-09-2013 04:12 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Religion leads to the rapture too, which, if it keeps on not-coming, will probably one day force a pope to help scripture a hand.

That's the kind of stuff that keeps me awake...

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.