Top security clearance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Top security clearance
(15-11-2016 02:13 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 01:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And what about the SEC?

What about it? Obama signed The Stock Act into law in 2012 to try to stop insider trading by congress and other government employees. When the SEC actually tried to open an insider trading investigation into a staffer congress basically told them "Separation of powers. Fuck off!" and got away with it. Why should the executive branch be any different than congress as far being exempt from the rules goes?

Facepalm

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 02:49 PM
(15-11-2016 02:13 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 01:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And what about the SEC?

What about it? Obama signed The Stock Act into law in 2012 to try to stop insider trading by congress and other government employees. When the SEC actually tried to open an insider trading investigation into a staffer congress basically told them "Separation of powers. Fuck off!" and got away with it. Why should the executive branch be any different than congress as far being exempt from the rules goes?

^ That.

https://www.foley.com/the-stock-act-in-t...4-07-2015/

and

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Not sure how the national security angle is going to pan out but the conflicts of finacial interest - potentially much more visible - may produce some interesting conspiracy theories, accusations, concerns etc. Great ammo for investigative journalists!

And nutters.

I predict that whole libraries of books will be written about this presidency.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
15-11-2016, 03:11 PM
This seems to be a big part of it.

[Image: 6.jpeg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
15-11-2016, 03:36 PM
(15-11-2016 01:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 08:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, Trump applied for top security clearance for his adult kids. While they run his businesses. Isn't that all wrong? Isn't that like insider info on the stock market, an unfair advantage for the Trump biz? I don't know what the regulations are there.

I think I understand what you are asking, insider trading issues.

I assume the Trumpdashians do have investments in the equity markets and could easily parlay secret information into trades that front run the public's knowledge.

I'm very curious to see how the State Department handles all of this.

Quote: Trumpdashians

Do you have a trademark on that or can I use it too? Please let it be public domain. Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-11-2016, 04:41 PM
They have financial interests all over the world, and especially Russia.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-11-2016, 05:23 PM
I had a top secret security clearance when I was in the service.

It means you're cleared to SEE stuff that's classified (to the level of your clearance) -- but it doesn't give you the keys to the filing cabinets...... (so to speak).

It's called "need to know" - -- if you need to know - they'll tell ya.

If not -- don't ask questions.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-11-2016, 05:35 PM
And need to know is decided by some person, not the current lizard-elect. In fact, Billy Bob didn't know of the existence of F117A until one was shot down over Serbia in '99. When he asked why he hadn't heard of it, he was told he didn't have a need to know. Tongue