Topics to use to steer the dinner conversation 11/24

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Topics to use to steer the dinner conversation 11/24
I am cooking tomorrow. My son and his girlfriend will be here as well as the bonus granddaughter. The only fussing will be my husband and son bitching about working at the Pepsi plant.

Probably do some crafts with Sam and Mad after we eat and the guys will watch college football.

No drama because the main cause(s) of family drama won't be here. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2016, 04:29 PM
(23-11-2016 01:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So when crazy Aunt Zelda starts talking about abortionists on Thanksgiving, what are some ideas to steer the conversation away from the crazy ?

Last year, my little brother and I had a plot ready so when our crazy aunt started in about religion, he said "So Aunt Emily, are you gonna be cracking nuts this year during the holidays, or is that against your family values ?"
(Even my mom burst out laughing).

Haha! Yes! I love your reply!
I am not seeing family this Thanksgiving, but I think my tactic would be to hang out at the kid's table. I usually try to avoid attention from my relatives as much as I can.

If the pope went to Zumba class, then he may be eligible to spend eternity in my special unicorn mountain kingdom. Cool
24-11-2016, 07:08 PM
topics to keep family from producing fights or awkward silences:
* Hypothetical Zombie apocalypse
* The dog (or whatever pet someone in the group may have)
* Favourite songs / movies / actors / books
* Find an origami guide for a turkey and provide paper so everybody can fold.
* Play sharades

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
24-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Other fun options:

So... Who did everyone vote for?

No ham for me. I converted to Islam

Someone asks for the cranberries and, as you're passing them, say: Did you know that, as per FDA regulations, canned cranberries can have an average of 3 or more larvae per pound in a minimum of 12 subsamples before action is required? Almost every food item has similar guidelines based on the fact that some level of contamination is impossible to avoid. Anyway, enjoy!

Pick up the cat and say "Look, I just grabbed your pussy!"

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
24-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Topics to use to steer the dinner conversation 11/24
You can pretend you like Trump more than they do. Just be a Republican Poe.
25-11-2016, 06:17 AM
Why not discuss how many Native Americans you're going to invite to next year's Thanksgiving. After all if it wasn't for them the colonists wouldn't have been able to survive at all. Then go on to discuss the consequences of genocide, theft of land, infringement of human rights etc. for Native Americans. I'm sure that will make dinner conversation a sparkling and witty affair.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
25-11-2016, 06:40 AM
Why not discuss how many Native Americans you're going to invite to next year's Thanksgiving. After all if it wasn't for them the colonists wouldn't have been able to survive at all. Then go on to discuss the consequences of genocide, theft of land, infringement of human rights etc. for Native Americans. I'm sure that will make dinner conversation a sparkling and witty affair.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
25-11-2016, 08:32 AM
(25-11-2016 06:17 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Why not discuss how many Native Americans you're going to invite to next year's Thanksgiving. After all if it wasn't for them the colonists wouldn't have been able to survive at all. Then go on to discuss the consequences of genocide, theft of land, infringement of human rights etc. for Native Americans. I'm sure that will make dinner conversation a sparkling and witty affair.

I'd be happy to invite my Lakota half brothers for a visit if either were still allowed to enter Canada.

'Murican Canadian