Tori Amos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Tori Amos
For some reason Angel the first song that pops in my mind when I hear the name Tori Amos is a remix by Armand van Helden:

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 12:20 PM
(07-04-2014 12:14 PM)John Wrote:  For some reason Angel the first song that pops in my mind when I hear the name Tori Amos is a remix by Armand van Helden:

No No No

Sorry, but that was terrible. Nothing personal, I just can't stand remixes like that.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-04-2014, 12:31 PM
(07-04-2014 12:14 PM)John Wrote:  For some reason Angel the first song that pops in my mind when I hear the name Tori Amos is a remix by Armand van Helden:

Favorite Tori song, and this performance is just orgasmic.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
07-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Yeah, the song's been turned pretty much unrecognizable from the original one (professional widow). Totally different music, totally different taste. But that was my first encounter with Tori years ago so the song's been stuck in my mind ever since. And it's not that bad for its own genre. Thumbsup

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
07-04-2014, 12:44 PM
(07-04-2014 12:31 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  

Favorite Tori song, and this performance is just orgasmic.

I never thought I could be jealous of a bench until I saw Tori perform live. Drooling

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-04-2014, 12:50 PM
(07-04-2014 12:38 PM)John Wrote:  Yeah, the song's been turned pretty much unrecognizable from the original one (professional widow). Totally different music, totally different taste. But that was my first encounter with Tori years ago so the song's been stuck in my mind ever since. And it's not that bad for its own genre. Thumbsup

I'm a pit of a purist when it comes to music I like. Blush I have nothing against remixes, I just prefer to hear the music as the artist intended. There are very few remixes that I like even close to as much as the original. As you say, different tastes.

For me, Tori is about the voice and the piano. The two in concert send chills down my spine at times.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post