Go Get'em!
Leave Alone
[Show Results]

Torn...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Torn...
So normally I don't post many overtly religion bashing things to my facebook feed. Being a member of a gospel choir I have to be tactful, even if some of them know and accept I'm an atheist - or at least an agnostic.

But in a moment of weakness someone shared the old 'armour of God' pyjamas pictures and I shared it as well.

The comments it's got back have been fairly mundane but there's someone who's started commenting who I really have a good mind to educate about biblical morality - that's the thrust of her posts...

Quote:"maybe we need to keep teaching our children to walk with the 'sandals of peace' and put on the 'breastplate of righteousness' (i.e. living by God's loving standards rather than our own selfishness - which is what leads to persecution and war)...?"

Now I've a good mind to tear her a new one on this, but she and her husband have recently started on a path to become ministers...with this in mind should I back off?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: Torn...
... Your call. It's your wall so... depending how you wanna play it, a bit of banter... ? IMO the way to nail the illegitimi before they bring out the carborundum is to make it a laughing matter. Religious crowd are always so goddamn serious...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I was actually thinking of having a private discussion via facebook's IM...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
25-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Go get em tiger.

Sure! Why the hell not? I'm just enjoying a cold beer on my porch, nothing better to do than encourage people I don't know to bicker with other people I don't know.

Lol

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
25-07-2014, 04:05 PM
(25-07-2014 03:38 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Now I've a good mind to tear her a new one on this, but she and her husband have recently started on a path to become ministers...with this in mind should I back off?

With that in mind, how could you NOT say something? They aren't quiet little hermits... They're carriers of disease.
25-07-2014, 04:16 PM
(25-07-2014 03:38 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  So normally I don't post many overtly religion bashing things to my facebook feed. Being a member of a gospel choir I have to be tactful, even if some of them know and accept I'm an atheist - or at least an agnostic.

But in a moment of weakness someone shared the old 'armour of God' pyjamas pictures and I shared it as well.

The comments it's got back have been fairly mundane but there's someone who's started commenting who I really have a good mind to educate about biblical morality - that's the thrust of her posts...

Quote:"maybe we need to keep teaching our children to walk with the 'sandals of peace' and put on the 'breastplate of righteousness' (i.e. living by God's loving standards rather than our own selfishness - which is what leads to persecution and war)...?"

Now I've a good mind to tear her a new one on this, but she and her husband have recently started on a path to become ministers...with this in mind should I back off?

Gossip often leads to retribution. Maybe best to just ride the surf and inwardly feel superior..........
...........Are you a Calvinist?

Not a bad stance...agnosticism.Yes
25-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Oh my fucking gawd...sandals of peace...really? Blink

I had to Google that shit.

Time to start drinking. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-07-2014, 05:56 PM
At least let them know you're there, that they believe in fantasies.