Tornadoes in Illinois and God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Tornadoes in Illinois and God
On my way to work this morning, I was listening to the news about the severe weather in Illinois. Pretty interesting weather phenomenon. The newscaster said that there were more tornado warnings yesterday than there had been in around 20 years previously put together.

And then they began to interview the citizens, and I wanted to reach through the radio.

Such statements as "thank the good lord that he preserved so many lives."
"Thank god my family was safe."

Like, what the fuckity fuck? He has the power to preserve lives, but didn't have the power to stop the tornadoes?

And if that family hadn't been safe, what would the statement be? "well they are in a safe place with gawd now."

*rant end*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
18-11-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Tornadoes in Illinois and God
(18-11-2013 11:39 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  On my way to work this morning, I was listening to the news about the severe weather in Illinois. Pretty interesting weather phenomenon. The newscaster said that there were more tornado warnings yesterday than there had been in around 20 years previously put together.

And then they began to interview the citizens, and I wanted to reach through the radio.

Like, what the fuckity fuck? He has the power to preserve lives, but didn't have the power to stop the tornadoes?

And if that family hadn't been safe, what would the statement be? "well they are in a safe place with gawd now."

*rant end*

- Reads "Tornado"
- Get's excited, hoping for video and pics of tornadoes:

- Reads rest of the title

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
18-11-2013, 11:59 AM
[Image: IMG_2168.jpg]
18-11-2013, 12:29 PM
(18-11-2013 11:39 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  On my way to work this morning, I was listening to the news about the severe weather in Illinois. Pretty interesting weather phenomenon. The newscaster said that there were more tornado warnings yesterday than there had been in around 20 years previously put together.

*rant end*

I get really tired of hearing that type of faith blindness. We could have major cataclysms (super volcano eruptions, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.) all occurring concurrently and totally decimating an entire region killing 99% of the population, and you'd still hear those same comments. "Thank the lord that he saved me and one of my eight children." –So delusional.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
18-11-2013, 12:34 PM
(18-11-2013 11:59 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  [Image: IMG_2168.jpg]

You misread my post
(18-11-2013 11:51 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  - Get's excited, hoping for video and pics of tornadoes:

Tornadoes themselves are amazing too look at. But the destruction they leave behind is always painful to look at.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
18-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Some friends of the family left Thailand a few days before the Boxing day Tsunami killed near 1/4 of a million people.
They thanked god for their decision to not stay for Xmas, i wanted to punch them in the face, but all the family was agreeing with them, so punching everyone in the face seemed impractical.

turned out they had booked their tickets months ahead and never intended to be there for xmas and as they planned to have xmas with their grandma in Canberra there never was any god dam thought of being there over xmax / boxingday.
so really they were just attention seeking ass-holes.

I swear the next time someone claims god saved them and let thousands of children die, i will break their fraking nose.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
18-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I just wonder how many members of congress will pray for the victims, but will vote against sending aid. Praying is a cheap feel good solution to these problems. In the above comments all they are saying is "it sucks to be you"
[+] 1 user Likes shallwechat71's post
26-11-2013, 06:33 AM
There is a video someone posted on my thread in atheism/theism "her savior or complicit in her torture?" It showed the rationale for thanking god and that no matter what happens, god wins

It was about Michelle Knight's comment that she got on her knees and thanked god for rescuing her from the daily rape and torture she experienced for 10 years.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
26-11-2013, 08:46 PM
(26-11-2013 06:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  There is a video someone posted on my thread in atheism/theism "her savior or complicit in her torture?" It showed the rationale for thanking god and that no matter what happens, god wins

It was about Michelle Knight's comment that she got on her knees and thanked god for rescuing her from the daily rape and torture she experienced for 10 years.

How amazingly stupid. She probably also prayed every single day, and miraculously she's rescued a mere 10 years later. Apparently God doesn't do shit until he gets a minimum of ... say 10,000 prayers. How do people follow this guy??

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
26-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Simpletons have simple ways of dealing with simple, harsh realities.

[Image: giphy.gif]