Total Earth's Population and a lonely God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Total Earth's Population and a lonely God.
I have been reading up on populations lately and I have a creationist question. So God created man to not be lonely (is this right?) and then created a companion for man. Then they had families, communities, and then strangers. When we die we are all supposed to live together. I was once told when I was a child that everyone will know everyone else once we die in heaven. This leads me to one of several articles I've been looking at here. The total population of all time is approx 56 billion people. Is God THAT lonely? Why so many? I have a few close friends and the rest I through out the window (of course not in the lake of fire, but just on their merry way- unlike someone who unconditionally loves us with all kinds of conditions!)

How come there are more (percentage wise) now than ever before? We alive are 1 of 8 people total. Wow! Surely it is God's will and not medical sciences or advancements in health that have 'created' this, from a creationist perspective, so why?

What are creationist's explanations for how many people come and keep coming? Many expected the end times years ago (and every year after Tongue) I'm assuming because of this- because it seems like things are dragging on.

I'm just having a tough time wrapping my head around this one I guess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
17-01-2012, 04:07 AM
RE: Total Earth's Population and a lonely God.
When I was in school I was asked this when I asked too many questions:

"Can you fit the entire ocean in a tea-cup?"

Obviously, it was one of those ridiculous questions that I knew would follow up with something equally ridiculous when I answered with a "No".

"Then why do you think you can fit all of god into your tiny brain?"

Ridiculous. Their tiny brain, maybe.
Sorry, this is not a real answer, but this is exactly the kind of answer you can expect from a theist.

Maybe creationists believe that all of these people are just props in the world god created for them, and they're unimportant anyway and god just hangs them up in the cupboard when they're not being used.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
17-01-2012, 06:53 AM
What's this!? Something about religion doesn't makes sense? OH MY GOOOOOOOD.......Well no not really all that mind blowing. This lonely thing is just more story tales made up by half-baked, old bearded guys who had nothing better to do.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
17-01-2012, 02:50 PM
(17-01-2012 04:07 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  "Can you fit the entire ocean in a tea-cup?"

Obviously, it was one of those ridiculous questions that I knew would follow up with something equally ridiculous when I answered with a "No".

"Then why do you think you can fit all of god into your tiny brain?"

The correct response to this is:

"Can you pee in God? Can you go sailing in God? Can you sit on the shores of God and get sunburned while your friends are out snorkeling in God? Can you go scoop up a cup of God, drink it, and burp?"

"No..."

"Then stop comparing God to an ocean."

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 6 users Like guitar_nut's post
17-01-2012, 05:55 PM
(17-01-2012 02:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I have been reading up on populations lately and I have a creationist question. So God created man to not be lonely (is this right?) and then created a companion for man. Then they had families, communities, and then strangers. When we die we are all supposed to live together. I was once told when I was a child that everyone will know everyone else once we die in heaven. This leads me to one of several articles I've been looking at here. The total population of all time is approx 56 billion people. Is God THAT lonely? Why so many? I have a few close friends and the rest I through out the window (of course not in the lake of fire, but just on their merry way- unlike someone who unconditionally loves us with all kinds of conditions!)

How come there are more (percentage wise) now than ever before? We alive are 1 of 8 people total. Wow! Surely it is God's will and not medical sciences or advancements in health that have 'created' this, from a creationist perspective, so why?

What are creationist's explanations for how many people come and keep coming? Many expected the end times years ago (and every year after Tongue) I'm assuming because of this- because it seems like things are dragging on.

I'm just having a tough time wrapping my head around this one I guess.

Thanks Lady Jane.
I had been meaning to look up those stats. Wow 56 billion!

As for God being lonely;how could a perfectly fulfilled being feel any missing desire?

If God needs 56 billion, plus Neanderthal man etc, all the living creatures etc etc to suffer and suffer and suffer for some highly speculative prize.......it just does'nt add up.

Also for the 'rewards' on offer, could God provide this for everyone? It seems that he could not, unless he keeps creating new souls ad infinitum-----no end.
Maybe the unborn are the only really lucky ones.Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
18-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm having trouble understanding the question.

Are you saying that it's contrary to creationism to have such a high all time population of people because God shouldn't be that lonely?

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
18-01-2012, 02:02 PM
(18-01-2012 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm having trouble understanding the question.

Are you saying that it's contrary to creationism to have such a high all time population of people because God shouldn't be that lonely?

I think it's more of a 'why does God need' question. What is the point of heaven for God? You've explained why he had a son. Why does heaven exist when it doesn't really need to?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
18-01-2012, 02:22 PM
(18-01-2012 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm having trouble understanding the question.

Thank you for the clarification request Smile I'm not sure I can help though.

To be honest, I don't think I really knew what I was asking in particular, I was just beginning to explore this concept myself, in a new way.

I have thought about this more since the original post and have learned some new things. I totally 'get' needing more than one person for a lonely feeling. I am married and I love my husband. He helps me to not feel lonely and every day I fall more in love with him. But he is not enough, not even close. I need my other family members- mother, father, sisters and brother, my children- who are all important but each differently important. My two sisters are differently important to me than the other. And all my many friends. My best friend died two months ago and no one, not one single friend, could come close to being who she was to me. Now that she is gone I feel lonely for her, and not one other person can satisfy that feeling, though I love my other friends just as much. So maybe I can understand the multi faceted relationships because I'm sure I'd feel that way about every person who I love and is important to me. But 56 billion of them?

And why couldn't ONE be created to satisfy all those loved ones (I mean, God can do anything right?)?

Because we have free will and so if 'one' screws up there are others? Sad I am sure we have all felt betrayal, but that betrayal I would have never created for myself in the first place to deal with later... I cannot accept this concept from a God who is supposed to be perfect. And then to give me a feeble mind to not comprehend the bigger picture of why murder, hate, rape, betrayal is okay? That in itself seems cruel.

I realize I am all over the place, and I do not have only one question... I think I am just exploring it and am welcoming input of any kind on anything to do with the creation of 56 billion people, especially how the population grows and we aren't all here at once but in one life after the other, generation after generation. So I never get to meet a Paul from 200AD and be his friend now, but later I will, and God is friends with all of us but we can't know all of each other? Why put me in a situation where I have science to tempt me to not believe... this would had been so much easier 2000 years ago when there were only 300, 000 people and only a few hundred in my local area to convince me the earth is flat and God is real. Just saying'.

Many tangents I know.... Oh well!
18-01-2012, 04:14 PM
As a general rule most fundamentalist Christians view God in an anthropomorphic manner. That is to say they negate the possibility of a growing spirituality, force or power,by turning the concept into some strange type of Being who is perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, that enjoys experimenting with us.

Irrespective of whether there may or may not be higher beings, not to mention the issue of why they would care a toss about humanity, the former position , to me, lacks viability.
31-01-2012, 08:02 PM
The most logical reason for a high population is attributed to reproduction. I don't think the Earth's population has anything to do with God's desires. Further, I can't think of much scriptural evidence to support such a contention that God is reliant on the Earth's population to not be lonely. I'm glad that I'm not God considering how I treat people in Sims games. Big Grin

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user