Total Earth's Population and a lonely God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: Total Earth's Population and a lonely God.
(18-01-2012 02:22 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(18-01-2012 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm having trouble understanding the question.

Are you saying that it's contrary to creationism to have such a high all time population of people because God shouldn't be that lonely?

Thank you for the clarification request Smile I'm not sure I can help though.

To be honest, I don't think I really knew what I was asking in particular, I was just beginning to explore this concept myself, in a new way.

I have thought about this more since the original post and have learned some new things. I totally 'get' needing more than one person for a lonely feeling. I am married and I love my husband. He helps me to not feel lonely and every day I fall more in love with him. But he is not enough, not even close. I need my other family members- mother, father, sisters and brother, my children- who are all important but each differently important. My two sisters are differently important to me than the other. And all my many friends. My best friend died two months ago and no one, not one single friend, could come close to being who she was to me. Now that she is gone I feel lonely for her, and not one other person can satisfy that feeling, though I love my other friends just as much. So maybe I can understand the multi faceted relationships because I'm sure I'd feel that way about every person who I love and is important to me. But 56 billion of them?

And why couldn't ONE be created to satisfy all those loved ones (I mean, God can do anything right?)?

Because we have free will and so if 'one' screws up there are others? Sad I am sure we have all felt betrayal, but that betrayal I would have never created for myself in the first place to deal with later... I cannot accept this concept from a God who is supposed to be perfect. And then to give me a feeble mind to not comprehend the bigger picture of why murder, hate, rape, betrayal is okay? That in itself seems cruel.

I realize I am all over the place, and I do not have only one question... I think I am just exploring it and am welcoming input of any kind on anything to do with the creation of 56 billion people, especially how the population grows and we aren't all here at once but in one life after the other, generation after generation. So I never get to meet a Paul from 200AD and be his friend now, but later I will, and God is friends with all of us but we can't know all of each other? Why put me in a situation where I have science to tempt me to not believe... this would had been so much easier 2000 years ago when there were only 300, 000 people and only a few hundred in my local area to convince me the earth is flat and God is real. Just saying'.

Many tangents I know.... Oh well!

Two reasons I can think of:

God is a douche who is dependent upon the adoration of others. Which, BTW, makes him no longer omnipotent.

and

God's douchebaggery knows no bounds...he needs about 55 and a half of those 56 billion souls to roast in hell, hearing their shrieks of torment for an eternity, all the while basking in the adoration of the elect who keep telling him what a job well done...

Hm...Wonder how long it will take before God says, "Hm. Well, that went by pretty quickly. Now what do we do?"

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-02-2012, 06:06 AM
(17-01-2012 02:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I have been reading up on populations lately and I have a creationist question. So God created man to not be lonely (is this right?) and then created a companion for man.

98 billion light years and a pale blue marble fulla monkeys? o.O

(17-01-2012 02:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'm just having a tough time wrapping my head around this one I guess.

Prolly cause you have a brain. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-02-2012, 08:41 AM
(29-02-2012 06:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  98 billion light years and a pale blue marble fulla monkeys? o.O

Brilliant!

Just laughed aloud whilst drinking coffee when I read that. I now have coffee in my nostrils, a shirt that needs urgently replacing and an office full of baffled colleagues.

Worth it though.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Flat earth natachan 15 401 02-05-2014 04:04 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Noah's Flood vs Population bottlenecks and the foundereffect Metazoa Zeke 7 549 02-02-2014 07:29 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  U-Pb Secular Equilibrium and the Death of Young Earth Paleophyte 0 242 12-12-2013 08:11 PM
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What percentage of these, from creation.com, are true? Age of Earth. DeavonReye 10 1,034 05-10-2013 12:23 PM
Last Post: DeavonReye
  The Rev's essay: Why I don't Teach My Children Young Earth Creationism kingschosen 3 768 19-10-2012 04:34 PM
Last Post: Chas
  I am in an official one v one debate with a creationist over the earth's age. Atothetheist 32 2,154 21-07-2012 12:08 PM
Last Post: ibanezerscrooge