Total shitshow?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Total shitshow?
More a case of "get off my lawn". Cranky old fvckers should not be running the show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
24-11-2015, 08:36 AM
(24-11-2015 08:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Predictably, yes. People will take offense and accusations will fly. Politicians who knew a situation just like this was inevitable will nonetheless take sides and feign outrage in an attempt to further their agendas. Same shit as always. Friendly fire and mistaken identity are as much a part of war as hostile fire, and always make for useful political tools.
But this was not the case of friendly fire or mistaken identity.

No! They knew it was a Russian plane, it was warned 10 times to get off the airspace and then shut down. In a more recent news, both pilots executed by the Syrian rebels Sad

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2015, 08:37 AM
(24-11-2015 08:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Predictably, yes. People will take offense and accusations will fly. Politicians who knew a situation just like this was inevitable will nonetheless take sides and feign outrage in an attempt to further their agendas. Same shit as always. Friendly fire and mistaken identity are as much a part of war as hostile fire, and always make for useful political tools.
But this was not the case of friendly fire or mistaken identity.

Agree. According to the Turks they issued 10 warnings within five minutes before their two F-16’s fired.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-11-2015, 08:41 AM
(24-11-2015 08:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  But this was not the case of friendly fire or mistaken identity.

Agree. According to the Turks they issued 10 warnings within five minutes before their two F-16’s fired.

In that case, let's get this war going.

'Murican Canadian
24-11-2015, 08:44 AM
(24-11-2015 08:41 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Agree. According to the Turks they issued 10 warnings within five minutes before their two F-16’s fired.

In that case, let's get this war going.

Let's hope not. To send the entire world into chaos for a few send monkeys wouldn't be very smart on either side.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
24-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Turkey always gets a little cranky the week of Thanksgiving. Can you blame them?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 12 users Like BnW's post
24-11-2015, 08:50 AM
... Undecided 5 minutes doesn't seem like a lot of time. Pilots should have acknowledged the warnings at least I guess. Wonder if they knew what hit them. If this was deliberate aggression - wouldn't put it past Putin - then it must have been shit to be selected for that mission. Or maybe they thought or were told that the Turks wouldn't dare to fire...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-11-2015, 08:51 AM
(24-11-2015 08:48 AM)BnW Wrote:  Turkey always gets a little cranky the week of Thanksgiving. Can you blame them?

Facepalm

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-11-2015, 08:52 AM
(24-11-2015 08:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  But this was not the case of friendly fire or mistaken identity.

Yeah, but it seems that plane was shot over Syrian territory , not over Turkey, so question is were the warnings even called for.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-11-2015, 09:14 AM
What scares me is that Turkey is part of NATO. If Russia retaliates, NATO (including the US) is obligated to support Turkey. This could easily turn into World War III. We can hope that Putin and Erdogan are cool-headed enough not to let that happen, but I wouldn't place any bets. Remember that a single person basically lit the fuse on World War I.