Total shitshow?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Total shitshow?
(24-11-2015 10:27 AM)izel Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:48 AM)BnW Wrote:  Turkey always gets a little cranky the week of Thanksgiving. Can you blame them?

Can you blame us? Name an animal after our country, then make up a holiday where you slaughter and eat it. That's just wrong... Dodgy

To be fair, the wild turkey is an intelligent, crafty bird. Benjamin Franklin even campaigned to have it named the national bird rather than the bald eagle.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2015, 12:34 PM
(24-11-2015 12:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well it would appear now that the Turkmen of the region have shot and killed both of the pilots of the bomber as they were descending down on parachutes.

Then the FSA have allegedly used a TOW missile (I wonder where they got that from???? - sarcasm) to destroy a helicopter used in the rescue operation.

I tell you what.... those two words (allah ackbar) are beginning to really fucking piss me off now.

Spoiler Alert:
"Turkmen" does not mean the Turks.
Syrian rebels seem to have fired at the helicopter.
Russia claims the pilots are still alive.
This is still a fluid situation. Drinking Beverage
Who are the Turkmen that are reported to have killed two Russian pilots?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-11-2015, 12:59 PM
(24-11-2015 12:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 12:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well it would appear now that the Turkmen of the region have shot and killed both of the pilots of the bomber as they were descending down on parachutes.

Then the FSA have allegedly used a TOW missile (I wonder where they got that from???? - sarcasm) to destroy a helicopter used in the rescue operation.

I tell you what.... those two words (allah ackbar) are beginning to really fucking piss me off now.

Spoiler Alert:
"Turkmen" does not mean the Turks.
Syrian rebels seem to have fired at the helicopter.
Russia claims the pilots are still alive.
This is still a fluid situation. Drinking Beverage
Who are the Turkmen that are reported to have killed two Russian pilots?

They're not turks, but they speak Turkish and, they have ties with turkey left from the ottoman era. Media and some people here were outraged when Russia started bombing them few days ago. So it may just be what caused our pilots to fire that shot. I know our current government has not focused on ISIS as much, this is due to old saying, enemy of my enemy is my friend. ISIS has been pounding the kurds, whom have been terrorizing Turkey for over 30 years, very few of people here feel any sympathy for the Kurds. It isn't over the smuggled petroleum, as the western media likes to point out, we have a lot more interest on Russian energy and, tourism than the petroleum coming from ISIS. For me though, hasn't made any difference, I still pay $2.2 per liter of gas, as far as ISIS oil goes, I'd like to see them drown in it.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
24-11-2015, 05:21 PM
(24-11-2015 08:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 07:58 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Too many entities playing with explosives in a small space without coordinating with each other. Mistakes like this are inevitable even in ideal circumstances.

As I read the headlines the thought of this regional conflict escalating into a full blown “shitshow” as izel said is more probable now than not.

Forget the Zombie apocalypse, prepare for the Sand People.

[Image: duck_and_cover.gif]

If you see that flash, it will be the last thing you ever see.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-11-2015, 05:44 PM
(24-11-2015 05:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  As I read the headlines the thought of this regional conflict escalating into a full blown “shitshow” as izel said is more probable now than not.

You mean crouching under the desk won't save me? OMG!
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-11-2015, 05:50 PM
(24-11-2015 05:44 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 05:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you see that flash, it will be the last thing you ever see.

You mean crouching under the desk won't save me? OMG!

The only reason to bend over in that event is to kiss your ass good-bye. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-11-2015, 07:34 PM
You're told to drop and cover for the same reasons flight attendants show you how to put on a life vest in the event the jetliner you are on plummets from 30,000 feet doing 500 mph, which is to say to provide some hope in the last seconds of your life that you might survive the event.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-11-2015, 08:23 PM
The Russians have been playing games with Turkish airspace for some time now. It's about time the Turks blew one of their airplanes out of the sky.
24-11-2015, 08:44 PM
(24-11-2015 05:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 08:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  As I read the headlines the thought of this regional conflict escalating into a full blown “shitshow” as izel said is more probable now than not.

Bah. Lookeee lookeee.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-11-2015, 10:17 PM
(24-11-2015 05:44 AM)izel Wrote:  
Quote:Turkish fighter jets shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday after repeated warnings over air space violations, but Moscow said it could prove the jet had not left Syrian air space.

Personally I doubt that this whole debacle will end up in a war between Russia and anybody.
I don't know much about Erdogan, but I think Putin can be relied upon to see that it's a war that he can't benefit from and not go down the war-path. I can see international relations being sour for a long-time onward, maybe even attempts at economic retribution, but not a war.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.