RE: Tottenham Riots
BRING IN THE ARMY!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14459127

Well here's the potential solutions that are being banded about in the media along with the problems for each one.

What does anyone think as to these ideas as my idea of 'shoot them in the knee' will clearly never be used Sad ?

I noticed that the problem given for a curfew was that the police are too stretched to enforce it and the problem given with bringing in the army was that they aren't equipped to deal with rioters. In that case why not combine the two and bring the army in to enforce a temporary curfew? The police could concentrate on any trouble that flared up while the army wouldn't need riot equipment if they were solely enforcing the curfew.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
(09-08-2011 03:26 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14459127

Well here's the potential solutions that are being banded about in the media along with the problems for each one.

What does anyone think as to these ideas as my idea of 'shoot them in the knee' will clearly never be used Sad ?

I noticed that the problem given for a curfew was that the police are too stretched to enforce it and the problem given with bringing in the army was that they aren't equipped to deal with rioters. In that case why not combine the two and bring the army in to enforce a temporary curfew? The police could concentrate on any trouble that flared up while the army wouldn't need riot equipment if they were solely enforcing the curfew.

At the moment this is criminal activity and can be treated as such (any legitimate grievances that provided the spark notwithstanding). If you bring in the army then people will have something to protest about.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
[Image: the_apocalypse_by_z_grimv-d45zy16.jpg]

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-...re=related

i swear to fucking hell, if the police dont start shooting these oxygen stealers that do nothing but waste oxygen for other people im gonna be pissed, they have no right to fucking live in a society there fucking scum.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
[+] 2 users Like James The Brit's post
09-08-2011, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 07:22 PM by Hughsie.)
(09-08-2011 06:39 PM)James The Brit Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-...re=related

i swear to fucking hell, if the police dont start shooting these oxygen stealers that do nothing but waste oxygen for other people im gonna be pissed, they have no right to fucking live in a society there fucking scum.

I'm with you James, shoot the dickheads. The people in the video were nothing more than animals, if an animal went on a rampage through a city attacking people it would be shot, this is no different!

The problem is our stupid society that only cares about making sure the rioters don't get hurt in any way and seems to think we should feel sorry for them because they are from deprived areas.

We need proper control on the streets, the police need all the red tape cut, access to proper equipment (water cannons, rubber bullets etc.) and most of all, the freedom to get on with their jobs without fear of being sued/sacked if a rioter suffers so much as a broken nail. Right now the police are pretty much restricted to politely asking the rioters to quietly move along while congratulating them on their original self expression so as not to offend their feelings.

The reason the police are stuck in this situation is the media and the sheep that change their beliefs to correspond with whatever the papers tell them to believe on a daily basis. It completely baffles me that the same people who are today saying that the police aren't doing enough will tomorrow accuse them of brutality if their chosen paper tell them to. These people seem to want the police to 'come down hard' on the rioters but at the same time only use very gentle tactics and ensure no-one is hurt, they don't seem to realise that it doesn't work like that.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
09-08-2011, 07:25 PM
(09-08-2011 06:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 06:39 PM)James The Brit Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-...re=related

I'm with you James, shoot the dickheads. The people in the video were nothing more than animals, if an animal went on a rampage through a city attacking people it would be shot, this is no different!

The problem is our stupid society that only cares about making sure the rioters don't get hurt in any way and seems to think we should feel sorry for them because they are from deprived areas.

We need proper control on the streets, the police need all the red tape cut, access to proper equipment (water cannons, rubber bullets etc.) and most of all, the freedom to get on with their jobs without fear of being sued/sacked if a rioter suffers so much as a broken nail. Right now the police are pretty much restricted to politely asking the rioters to quietly move along while congratulating them on their original self expression so as not to offend their feelings.

The reason the police are stuck in this situation is the media and the sheep that change their beliefs to correspond with whatever the papers tell them to believe on a daily basis. It completely baffles me that the same people who are today saying that the police aren't doing enough will tomorrow accuse them of brutality if their chosen paper tell them to. These people seem to want the police to 'come down hard' on the rioters but at the same time only use very gentle tactics and ensure no-one is hurt, they don't seem to realise that it doesn't work like that.

agreed, as a media student its hard not to notice how the media can so easily manipulate infomation, as its mainly the only source of news people look to for reliabilty, it seems that its right and you should follow it because its on a newspaper .. etc people need to wake up.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
10-08-2011, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2011 05:13 AM by daemonowner.)
(09-08-2011 01:58 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  Most of them must be unemployed, otherwise they'd be at work, not rioting.

First, its night time. Most people don't work at 9pm til early hours of the morning,
Second, when theres loads of free shit and you're an uneducated moron who can't hope for much more in life, you're going to loot as much as possible.
Third, many of the offenders were as young as 11 and 12, they don't work.
I don't expect anyone to agree with my views, but I think at least all rioters should be expelled from society permanently, as they have demonstrated they don't wish to life cooperatively - the reason why we band together in the first place. However, I find it more fitting to execute them in the streets. Over a hundred police officers have been injured, apartments were set on fire with families still in them, cars stolen with children still inside, and many buildings - most notably the sony electronics storage building - set ablaze. These are scum who deserve to die for putting police officers, innocent civilians and even themselves in serious danger.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
10-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Don't worry...the Christians are "helping"...thank Jebus for that....

The Church of England has issued this handy prayer...I think Londoners would prefer to see the CoE release some of the £4 billion it has in assets and help rebuild our wonderful capital.

In a country that is 40% agnostic and 20% atheist, we have little time for their interference - fun article here...where Christians send prayers of "hope" via twitter and the Brits ask for blankets and more policemen.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the Christians to come out of the woodwork and blame our secular society for the 'moral breakdown' there's some verbal cancer here for those of you with the stomach to read it. They've been producing this kind of nonsense since the Jewish riots in Jerusalem 2000 years ago so I don't know why I'm surprised....
10-08-2011, 06:47 AM
(10-08-2011 05:27 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Don't worry...the Christians are "helping"...thank Jebus for that....

The Church of England has issued this handy prayer...I think Londoners would prefer to see the CoE release some of the £4 billion it has in assets and help rebuild our wonderful capital.

In a country that is 40% agnostic and 20% atheist, we have little time for their interference - fun article here...where Christians send prayers of "hope" via twitter and the Brits ask for blankets and more policemen.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the Christians to come out of the woodwork and blame our secular society for the 'moral breakdown' there's some verbal cancer here for those of you with the stomach to read it. They've been producing this kind of nonsense since the Jewish riots in Jerusalem 2000 years ago so I don't know why I'm surprised....

Typical of the Christians to see this as nothing more than a chance for a recruitment drive Angry! I agree with you, if they are so bothered why not put some money into the clean up operation.

(10-08-2011 05:27 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  I don't expect anyone to agree with my views, but I think at least all rioters should be expelled from society permanently, as they have demonstrated they don't wish to life cooperatively - the reason why we band together in the first place. However, I find it more fitting to execute them in the streets. Over a hundred police officers have been injured, apartments were set on fire with families still in them, cars stolen with children still inside, and many buildings - most notably the sony electronics storage building - set ablaze. These are scum who deserve to die for putting police officers, innocent civilians and even themselves in serious danger.

I don't think I would permanently remove the general mob from society was I think most of them are just swept in with the crowd, I would send them to prison for considerable time though.

I think permanently removing the ring-leaders and anyone inciting violence is a good idea though, these people are pre-planning their actions methodically as opposed to acting on spur of the moment.

Best
Worst