Tottenham Riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2011, 06:59 PM
RE: Tottenham Riots
(11-08-2011 06:51 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  THe government has been treating people like shit for years.

I've been arrested multiple times for literally no reason, and stop-searched many more times. If the riots start getting somewhere in a few days I'm definately joining in. Riots used to get things fixed in this country, but since the government got away with closing down all our industry despite all the workers and their families going out on a riot the government has just been pushing it. It's like living in the middle east, and people support whenever the middle east riots because they are rioting for freedom. Of course when people riot for their freedom here everyone is against them.

That guy who got shot (who wasn't a gang member or a drug dealer despite what the BBC keeps repeating over and over) was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Viva la revolucion.

You are joking right.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Tip: Scum are the weakest of mind. The weakest of mind are always first to break when being pressed.

Lets not forget that it was scum who burned large parts of British-American cities to the ground and disrupted the trade ports way before any orginised, semi-rational people stood up and took charge of a proper rebelion.
I don't see that as a good thing considering what country came out of it, but just use that as one of many examples because it's the most widely known.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-08-2011, 10:05 PM
btw. The guy who was shot was a black man with a loaded gun (although apparently he hadn't fired a shot...?) who is reported to have been involved with a notorious gang in the area, which explains the gun.

And Cphile, the rioters are by no means fighting for their freedom in england, unless its the freedom to break the rules and watch any channels they want. These rioters are only in it for themselves.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
12-08-2011, 03:14 AM
(11-08-2011 07:52 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Tip: Scum are the weakest of mind. The weakest of mind are always first to break when being pressed.

Lets not forget that it was scum who burned large parts of British-American cities to the ground and disrupted the trade ports way before any orginised, semi-rational people stood up and took charge of a proper rebelion.
I don't see that as a good thing considering what country came out of it, but just use that as one of many examples because it's the most widely known.

Who burned down brittish cities? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
12-08-2011, 03:23 AM
(11-08-2011 07:52 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Tip: Scum are the weakest of mind. The weakest of mind are always first to break when being pressed.

HuhHuh what are you talking about? and the rioters aren't rioting for a cause, they are rioting for greed.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
They are not rioting for a cause other than being at the very lowest part of society and wanting to get the things they don't have, is true right now. But that's how these things start. The scum rise up because they are the least capable to stand up to oppression, then they are rallied by the stronger people to fight in a specific direction. It's already started happening with people orginising paramilitary groups and sending letters of demand to leaders.

Most major uprisings in history started with random violence by the lower orders thrown in every direction. The uprisings in the Middle East right now haven't got leaders and many people are using them as an excuse to go out and have a big fight, but they all gain direction after a while. The fact that almost every city in Britain is up in arms right now and getting worse shows that it is something big.

Also FYI to a few of you: USA was formed on a British rebelion. Until the formation of the USA most cities in current day America would be refered to as "British".

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
(12-08-2011 05:28 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  They are not rioting for a cause other than being at the very lowest part of society and wanting to get the things they don't have, is true right now. But that's how these things start. The scum rise up because they are the least capable to stand up to oppression, then they are rallied by the stronger people to fight in a specific direction. It's already started happening with people orginising paramilitary groups and sending letters of demand to leaders.

Most major uprisings in history started with random violence by the lower orders thrown in every direction. The uprisings in the Middle East right now haven't got leaders and many people are using them as an excuse to go out and have a big fight, but they all gain direction after a while. The fact that almost every city in Britain is up in arms right now and getting worse shows that it is something big.

Also FYI to a few of you: USA was formed on a British rebelion. Until the formation of the USA most cities in current day America would be refered to as "British".

This isn't the middle east though, there's not really much oppression to fight.

The riots seem pretty much over and now all that is left is arresting those responsible who haven't already been arrested. Way over a thousand have already been arrested and way more are to follow, there are pictures all over the internet of people the police want to speak to and, with there being such public anger, I can't see many people not being reported by their own communities (there have been teenagers reported to police by their own mothers in Manchester).

This isn't the beginning of a popular uprising, this was a bunch of scum thinking they can get away with anything and being proven very wrong, now they've seen people being arrested and charged they've crawled back into the holes they came from.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
(12-08-2011 05:28 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  They are not rioting for a cause other than being at the very lowest part of society and wanting to get the things they don't have, is true right now. But that's how these things start. The scum rise up because they are the least capable to stand up to oppression, then they are rallied by the stronger people to fight in a specific direction. It's already started happening with people orginising paramilitary groups and sending letters of demand to leaders.

Ah i follow you now. I had a feeling you were talking about the american revolution but wasn't sure (aka operation we have bigger shit to deal with than some revolutionaries but don't tell them that Tongue).
I have joked for a while about how this country was long over due for a revolution, but this was definitely not it.
This was violence for the sake of violence the only people they hurt were others in their own communities.
They destroyed people's homes and their livelihoods. They have done so much damage to an already poor area, damage that may take decades to recover from. How many of the people who's home were destroyed could actually afford insuance on it, going by the poverty of the area my guess is not many. Although the rioters didn't seem to have trouble organising it on their blackberrys. I couldn't afford a £400 phone even before i lost my job.
I am one of the people who is angry at the government that we have and how they shit on the people who need help the most by cutting public services and trying to partly privitise the nhs(its only a matter of time), to save money. But just remember when the torries are incharge there are riots and they inevitably fuck things up so much that they get voted out and are out of power for 13 years. If things carry on they way they are thats exactly what will happen.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I completely agree with Pat Condells recent description of the rioters, and the motives of the rioters. Some were interviewed and gave the most fucked up and braindead responses and reasons as for a riot ever.

Also, the revolutions in the middle east were immediately focused, the only reason they stood up when they did was because they saw it was actually possible to over throw their dictators.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
12-08-2011, 07:30 PM
(12-08-2011 07:10 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  I completely agree with Pat Condells recent description of the rioters, and the motives of the rioters. Some were interviewed and gave the most fucked up and braindead responses and reasons as for a riot ever.

Also, the revolutions in the middle east were immediately focused, the only reason they stood up when they did was because they saw it was actually possible to over throw their dictators.

I'm with you there mate. Pat Condell hit the nail COMPLETELY on the head. I've already posted this link to an article on the BBC website questioning the reasons for the riots and it gives every reason conceivable except for what most people would see as the correct one. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCUM! They are human waste not fit to live in society with civilised people. The easiest solution would be to purchase a small, uninhabited island in the middle of the pacific, round up all the rioters, and dump them there to live out their primitive existence away from people who just want to get on with their lives free from crime/fear.

Lets see them complain about their 'lack of opportunities' or 'social exclusion' or 'inability to afford basic essentials (such as laptops, iphones, designer clothes and large amounts of alcohol)' in England then.

Best
Worst