Poll: is proselytizing ultimately a political activity?
yes
no
[Show Results]

Tough Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2011, 12:28 PM
RE: Tough Questions
No. I personally would not agree, sorry to have hijacked your thread.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2011, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 05:22 PM by TrainWreck.)
(14-09-2011 12:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No. I personally would not agree, sorry to have hijacked your thread.
Please, you have not hijacked the thread - I am still in control of it's purpose.

(14-09-2011 07:33 AM)bemore Wrote:  This shook my world.....turned it upside down as I was now an orphan, getting closer to being "alone" in the world. I desperatley grasped at some resoloution to what I was going through.....to see some sense out of it.....no matter how hard I looked, the answer was not forth coming.

It wasnt until a few years later and some more life experience that I came to the conclusion that maybe not everything can be answered........and if there was an answer would it match what I was looking for.........and if it didnt match would I actually be prepared to accept it (as an answer)
Post traumatic stress, without the behavioral disorder, but some psychological homeostasis condition - intelligence/reason/rationality.
(14-09-2011 07:33 AM)bemore Wrote:  It is actually me dropping (or acknowledging they exist) a lot of my old belief systems that has actually opened my mind to more "sense"........just because I might not see sense in something now......doesnt mean that in the future I may not see some sense.
Can you list the belief systems that you had compared to what you have now?

(14-09-2011 07:33 AM)bemore Wrote:  Philosphically I think nowadays when I look at what im trying to work out and I think "is there an answer.....can I learn more from the answer or more from the question.....is it actually important that I find an answer.......and what is an answer to me other than me joining my life experiences/thoughts/emotions in a way that I can look at and say "yes""
The answer to your questions are hidden in understanding knowledge classification - once you allow yourself to believe that there is a scientific order to reality, and that the Christians have been doing all that they can do to suppress the scientific information that people like you need to have access to, then you will have a better estimation of the limits of the possible answers to your inquiries and that will help you understand how far you have searched. It has something to do with taking ideas to their logical conclusions - when does one know he has reached the ultimate conclusion?

Need some type of reference. (and of course many people, in the past, have believed that certain publishings were/are significant to understanding reality, but as we know they were supposed to be understood as authorized for short-term solutions to some socio-economic problem within political/religious regions, and it can get all mixed up from there)

The scientific order of reality, is a list of the descriptors (tags) that we use to identify what we experience, and so, if people were to know what that list is, relative to the scientific order, they would have a better understanding of the parameters of their inquiries about human experience, and would claim their amazing feelings of euphoria just because they have learned to believe that something like "infinity of mind," helps them understand reality better than before.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
14-09-2011, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 05:25 PM by TrainWreck.)
(13-09-2011 04:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  I questioned the hipocrisy behind buddha......that he says not to drink alcohol yet towards the end of his life he himself apparently did........he was exempt from this rule because he was "enlightened".....So I wanted to know the reasoning behind it.
This looks like it might be some reasoning to support the political issue of prohibition of alcohol for minors.

When was the founding - what was the political demography of the founder(s)?

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
15-09-2011, 07:56 AM
(14-09-2011 12:49 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Post traumatic stress, without the behavioral disorder, but some psychological homeostasis condition - intelligence/reason/rationality.

Quite possibly..........I did see a counsellor about 8 years ago and talked it all over. It helped a lot. I realised that I was still acting like I was 15......even though I was grown up (job, girlfriend, bills) I was still very young in my mind.

(14-09-2011 12:49 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Can you list the belief systems that you had compared to what you have now?

Sure no probs.

I hated certain people because I was taught to.....I was copying the people around me (racism etc etc)

I was led by opinion that is in the mainstream media (Hate unemployed people, reasons for war, lies from political parties)

I was a "sheep" with a herd mentality........I wanted to "fit in" with society so I copied what I see around me.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-09-2011, 09:50 AM
(15-09-2011 07:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  Quite possibly..........I did see a counsellor about 8 years ago and talked it all over. It helped a lot. I realised that I was still acting like I was 15......even though I was grown up (job, girlfriend, bills) I was still very young in my mind.
Yeah, I probably have such a condition, I've abandoned as much responsibility as possible, but I sincerely believe it was for a worthy cause - scientific ordering of human knowledge.

(15-09-2011 07:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  I hated certain people because I was taught to.....I was copying the people around me (racism etc etc)

I was led by opinion that is in the mainstream media (Hate unemployed people, reasons for war, lies from political parties)

I was a "sheep" with a herd mentality........I wanted to "fit in" with society so I copied what I see around me.
I don't think we can say that that is always wrong and what you have done is you have joined the larger society that shuns ethnic prejudices another "herd mentality."

15-09-2011, 10:19 AM
(15-09-2011 09:50 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I don't think we can say that that is always wrong and what you have done is you have joined the larger society that shuns ethnic prejudices another "herd mentality."

I have to disagree TW...........I know that I am still part of the "herd mentality" because I consciously try to stay open minded on all aspects of life, however I know that I am flawed by my subconscious (that I make millions of decisions, weighing things up based upon all the teaching/experience I have had in my life, without thinking)

I now try to see both sides of the story........whereas before I was participating fully one sided, I know try to stay impartial or simply observe without making/passing judgement.

Possibly an impossible task.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-09-2011, 01:19 PM
(15-09-2011 07:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  I realised that I was still acting like I was 15......even though I was grown up (job, girlfriend, bills) I was still very young in my mind.
I thought about this a little bit more, and the responsibilities of personal relationships, and economic management, are pretty much all there is to adulthood; and I would conclude that the vast majority of us, men, do restrain "mental maturity."

15-09-2011, 02:39 PM
(15-09-2011 01:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(15-09-2011 07:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  I realised that I was still acting like I was 15......even though I was grown up (job, girlfriend, bills) I was still very young in my mind.
I thought about this a little bit more, and the responsibilities of personal relationships, and economic management, are pretty much all there is to adulthood; and I would conclude that the vast majority of us, men, do restrain "mental maturity."

I think women can be just as guilty (the ones I have dated anyway Tongue) Maybe it is an indicator of a learning curve??? I am a million times different to how I used to be about 5-6 years ago.

I think you raising the point of "responsibility" is very acute, it is in my case anyway.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.