Town Designed for dementia patients.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Town Designed for dementia patients.
http://gizmodo.com/inside-an-amazing-vil...1526062373

I think this is a fabulous idea.

I like how the article ends. Pointing out how people with diseases and people without aren't so different (which we often forget) they just have different needs.

I wish we would do something like this here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-04-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: Town Designed for dementia patients.
(16-04-2014 08:13 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  http://gizmodo.com/inside-an-amazing-vil...1526062373

I like how the article ends. Pointing out how people with diseases and people without aren't so different (which we often forget) they just have different needs.

That's really cool. I'd feel better about my relatives living in a place like that instead of a standard cramped old folks home.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
16-04-2014, 08:35 AM
In the article it talks about how it helps with the wandering that people with dementia like to do. Which I'm sure decreases their stress quite a bit.

When I worked in dementia care we were basically in a locked cave in the basement. They were always commenting on how they were kept prisoners, or how they just wanted to go for a walk, or find their families. I always felt awful about that.
16-04-2014, 09:03 AM
(16-04-2014 08:13 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  http://gizmodo.com/inside-an-amazing-vil...1526062373

Brilliant.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Quote:I wish we would do something like this here.

This is America. Health care is not about health. It's about making profits for the insurance companies.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
16-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Very cool. Actually, given the numbers of dementia patients we can anticipate in the near future, converting abandoned shopping malls as one commenter suggested, is an excellent idea.

This actually doesn't have to be all that expensive, one doesn't have to furnish every place but allow people to bring their own stuff, they will be more comfy anyway.

Would also be a good business opportunity for someone, a business you can feel good about.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post