Town votes down solar-panel farm due to fears it would 'suck up the sun'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: Town votes down solar-panel farm due to fears it would 'suck up the sun'
Holy crap. This is real. This town full of idiots really does exist.

I'm embarrassed to be human right now. Facepalm

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Although a few of the older people might have had concerns about the panels, they didn't actually vote against the solar panels, they voted against MORE solar farms.

"Mary Hobbs has been living in Woodland for 50 years and said she has watched it slowly becoming a ghost town with no job opportunities for young people.

She said her home is surrounded by solar farms and is no longer worth its value because of those facilities."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-12-2015, 11:12 AM
The town was probably already dying if it only had 1000 people. Nobody wants to take a business there.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
16-12-2015, 11:13 AM
(16-12-2015 10:25 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 09:52 AM)izel Wrote:  It would be funny, unless you've dated a man who thought windmills were solar powered. Drinking Beverage

Technically they are, in that winds are caused by temperature and pressure differentials that are ultimately driven by the sun like all atmospheric activity...

I'm not sure that's what he meant, though.

If you wanted to get "Technical" with him, you'd have to spend lifetime trying to explain it. Sometimes its best to just nod your head yes, imaginary face palm your self, and move on to the next conversation Tongue

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2015, 11:18 AM
(16-12-2015 11:13 AM)izel Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 10:25 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Technically they are, in that winds are caused by temperature and pressure differentials that are ultimately driven by the sun like all atmospheric activity...

I'm not sure that's what he meant, though.

If you wanted to get "Technical" with him, you'd have to spend lifetime trying to explain it. Sometimes its best to just nod your head yes, imaginary face palm your self, and move on to the next conversation Tongue

... True.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Yes, these morons are all over. I used to work with a woman who denied we ever went to the moon. This was only about 12yrs ago and I had never heard such nonsense in my life. In fact, I didn't even know this was a thing, not believing in the moon landing. I was speechless... well... for all of about 3 minutes. Then I let her have it. Needless to say since she was a co-workers I spared her the cussing and the denigrating but it was hard not to go there. In the end she was reduced to stammering and blubbering more nonsense like, "but my dad says". So she had no real thought or argument of her own. Bah!

This was a real epiphany for me. Until that moment I really hadn't had much exposure to seriously stupid people before. I'm very wary of them now and take great pains to avoid them at all costs.

Hobo

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
16-12-2015, 11:22 AM
(16-12-2015 10:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 09:52 AM)izel Wrote:  It would be funny, unless you've dated a man who thought windmills were solar powered. Drinking Beverage

Glad you brought up windmills, for years I have suspected that windmills have been causing tornados.

Blink

And earthquakes are caused by twerking...

[Image: funny-twerk-spider-man-batman.gif]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
16-12-2015, 11:27 AM
I think this science teacher should be the head of a solar landing mission. Im sure she's smart enough to do it during winter so it's cold enough. (O_o)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
16-12-2015, 12:08 PM
(16-12-2015 11:27 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I think this science teacher should be the head of a solar landing mission. Im sure she's smart enough to do it during winter so it's cold enough. (O_o)

To be safe, they should go at night.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Maybe if we put solar panels on the ice caps to suck up the sun it will stop global warming.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post