Town votes down solar-panel farm due to fears it would 'suck up the sun'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Town votes down solar-panel farm due to fears it would 'suck up the sun'
(16-12-2015 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's just south of Muffreeboro.

[Image: woodland.png]

Pffft. That property had no value to begin with. She can probably get 5-10 times more than it was ever worth if she sold it to the solar farmers.

It's BFE....there are some towns in rural NC where the collective IQ is about 4. Roughly the same as the average number of teeth.

BURN! Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2015, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2015 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
Question RE: Town votes down solar-panel farm due to fears it would 'suck up the sun'
(16-12-2015 09:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's BFE....there are some towns in rural NC where the collective IQ is about 4. Roughly the same as the average number of teeth.

BURN! Laugh out load

As long as they're molars I'm all right. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-12-2015, 10:19 PM
(16-12-2015 09:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 09:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  BURN! Laugh out load

As long as they're molars I'm all right. Drinking Beverage

Sailors! Evil_monster It's how we are.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-12-2015, 02:59 AM
(16-12-2015 06:40 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 08:44 AM)Loom Wrote:  I thought it was a fake story til I checked snopes. How sad that some people could be so scientifically illiterate. Then again, that's the USA for you >_>

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...71526.html

Ain't it like bandwidth? That has been explained as if I use too much off the modum there is less for you, right? And you wanna use all the sunlight for the whole town! LOL

I actually met one of those people today. I work in retail, so I get to meet many different kinds of people. Lately it's been customers who insist Christ is the reason for the season and make us say merry christmas instead of happy holidays. I just go with it for fear of telling them I'm not religious will jeopardize my job. I hope I can take 8 more days of it because it's driving me nuts.

Anyway, the customer who took the cake today was talking about how leaving the door open to the room his router was in helped 'let the internet out.' And he would shut it at night to keep it from getting out.

Oh, and those new chip cards? He seemed to believe that when you inserted the chip, the information was taken off and sent to the bank. And if you took the chip out too early, the bank wouldn't have enough time to send it back. So, according to him, it became a blank card. SMH...sorry, I just really needed to vent about today >.>

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
17-12-2015, 05:47 AM
(16-12-2015 08:44 AM)Loom Wrote:  I thought it was a fake story til I checked snopes. How sad that some people could be so scientifically illiterate. Then again, that's the USA for you >_>

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...71526.html

The story is sort of fake. While it's true people said some stupid things, the primary objection was over the impact on property values (something I can totally relate to ).

I also question how serious the science teacher was. I think this is probably like the time some congressman said he was afraid Guam would tip over from all the navy personnel. He was being ridiculous to make a point.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-12-2015, 05:51 AM
I have no idea why the world powers have all not unanimously agreed to enforce that every single new house that ever gets built, MUST have solar panels installed on the roof, just as standard as putting in foundations.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post