Toys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Toys
I'm a pretty big dork, and I love me some toys.

No Erx... not those kinds of toys.

I am like most men, as far as technology is concerned. I love it. I really love manipulating something well made, with doo dads, and beepy noises. When something new comes out I want to try it, like right away. So I am starting this thread, not just for technology related ones, but for all toys.

What do you like to play with? What are some of your favorite toys?

I'll start:

I'm a guitar guy, so anything guitar related is right up my alley. Too bad this area is an expensive one. I've got my favorite toys that I can't afford, but for discussions sake I'll stick to the ones I do actually have.
I've got two guitars, one that my wife got me for Christmas a year ago in an attempt to make me feel better for having to sell my old gear. It's your run of the mill Squire Stratocaster which I am going to do some work on (it needs a new neck for one) I've already shaved the paint off of it because I wanted an all wood look. Looks hot.
I've also got my baby. The one that I wanted since I first saw it, and thanks to taxes I got to go and buy. My Fender Blacktop Telecaster. It is fucking hot shit. I love it. The only thing I will ever change will be a different pick-up selector switch.
I used to use a little Roland Micro Cube for playing which had pretty decent sound, especially for a small solid state modelling amp.
But I just recently sold it in the hopes of buying one of my dream amps... But I was hosed on that one by a douchebag ex friend. Anyhow, the good news is I bought a Fender Mustang 1 instead to tide me over. Thinking it would just get me by until I can get my hands on something else.... But it's tops. I love this thing. I will never get rid of it except if I could get a bigger one for the same price.

Also I love my laptop. It's not the best thing ever, but it was good back when I got it.
Now I see laptops with double the specs of mine for half what I got mine for. meh, I like it. I've never been much of a PC guy, as I've felt that being forced into a single spot, with big bulky shit was too cumbersome, so this age with emphasis placed on portability has really appealed to me.

And finally, my only other toy is my 360. I used to have a shit ton of systems, with another shit ton of games. But I had to sell them all due to financial ruin. It wasn't a sad day however as I'm an avid reader and my time was always filled. I actually started writing again, and better than ever before.
But we recently ended up getting a 360 again for co-op gameplay due to combined boredom... I've taken it over though. We rarely play together... I stoled it.
Damn you Skyrim... But I don't play that anymore anyways, I'll leave that for those two losers KC and Scot.

So my rambling is currently over. Fill me in on what you like to play with... but not sex related... keep that to yourself. Lol....

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: Toys
I'm like you, I LOVE my technology.

My pride and joy is my bedroom. I got my 40" Samsung 3D backlit LED TV with a 400htz refresh rate on the wall. Linked to that is my PS3 and TiVo box with complete TV package including all HD channels. I then have about 300-350 DVD's and Blu-Rays. I also got a sofa in there to lounge round on while I enjoy all this stuff and an iPhone 4 so I can keep an eye on what's happening on TTA from my room.

Only problem is my PC is downstairs so if I wanna switch from TV to PC then I have to walk all that way. Plus my PC is a family computer so I can't always get on it Sad.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Pretty nice set up. Except I can't believe you bought into the 3d craze. On the bright side if you trade it in you'll have enough money for a nice little laptop.

I also have some nice TV's goin on, but no LEDs, those are too new. I am jealous. Still it's funny because in our bedroom we have two TV's, one for movies, and cable (yuck). While the other one is strictly hooked up for games and internet streaming.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
(02-03-2012 08:41 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Pretty nice set up. Except I can't believe you bought into the 3d craze. On the bright side if you trade it in you'll have enough money for a nice little laptop.

I also have some nice TV's goin on, but no LEDs, those are too new. I am jealous. Still it's funny because in our bedroom we have two TV's, one for movies, and cable (yuck). While the other one is strictly hooked up for games and internet streaming.

You know I really wasn't sure about 3D til I got it and now I'm so glad I did. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who tell me 3D was a waste of money and then come round and absolutely love it. I got Sonic Generations and that's 3D compatible and it's just totally incredible. It's got the same feel as the original sonic games and so you get the nostalgia combined with the awesome graphics and 3D, it's also got the original Sega game as an extra.

I'm thinking of getting the Move too, if I can ever find the money that is. I really want a Kinect as well but I don't have enough space in my room so if I did get it I'd have to convince my parents to let me have it downstairs. Again I'd also actually have to find the money for it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
02-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Dammit. I have no reply because you shut me down before I could even get to the second paragraph. Sad

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 09:31 PM by Mr Woof.)
I really like teddy bears and golliwogs.

NO IT NOT EARLY ONSET DEMENTIA!![/size]
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I loathe it all (23 years in IT management may have something to do with that).
So I have nothing to contribute.
I don't buy any stuff cos I know it will go wrong soon. I have a laptop and an iphone cos they come with the job. I've never download an app or music and I don't intend to.

Where's my book*?

*Book: bo͝ok. A written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers

02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I guess I'll join the men's club for this one Wink

Faves:
Cameras and all their accessories are like candy to me. I spend hours with them doing dorky things. I was at a coffee shop last year with a fellow geek-speak and our conversation was in half numbers (you know, like "this lens is a 1.4 but it's sweet spot is a 2.8, the body is capable of a 6400ISO... Etc). Well this guy came up to us and told us we were the biggest nerds and laughed, then left. Now I know how computer programmers feel Tongue

I also love apps on the smart phone. So addictive!
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
02-03-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 09:45 PM by Erxomai.)
(02-03-2012 09:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I loathe it all (23 years in IT management may have something to do with that).
I don't buy any stuff cos I know it will go wrong soon. I have a laptop and an iphone cos they come with the job. I've never download an app or music and I don't intend to.

Where's my book*?

*Book: bo͝ok. A written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers

I thought you were going to say your toys were the "students" that live with you. Wink
(02-03-2012 09:25 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I guess I'll join the men's club for this one Wink

Faves:
Cameras and all their accessories are like candy to me. I spend hours with them doing dorky things. I was at a coffee shop last year with a fellow geek-speak and our conversation was in half numbers (you know, like "this lens is a 1.4 but it's sweet spot is a 2.8, the body is capable of a 6400ISO... Etc). Well this guy came up to us and told us we were the biggest nerds and laughed, then left. Now I know how computer programmers feel Tongue

Lady Nerds are hot.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-03-2012, 10:49 PM
(02-03-2012 09:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 09:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I loathe it all (23 years in IT management may have something to do with that).

Where's my book*?

I thought you were going to say your toys were the "students" that live with you. Wink
(02-03-2012 09:25 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I guess I'll join the men's club for this one Wink

Faves:

Lady Nerds are hot.

Good point... those toys can be a lot of fun.
Cheap Asian replica models are just as good as the originals and are invariably more reliable, always available and quite often have new and unexpected applications. They also don't seem to age as quickly as the European versions.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post