Trademarking the Rainbow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Trademark the rainbow
Well, well, well. This nitwit evangelical christian activist named Linda Harvey wants to know if Christians can traidmark the rainbow so gay people can't use it anymore. No...no....... I'm not kidding.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/linda...activists/

"The sweet rainbow image has been violated, raped by the deluded and fraudulent, and it now serves too often as a garish signpost for slavery to grave homosexual sin,” Harvey wrote. “From shameful pride parades to hats, T-shirts, wristbands and buttons sold at Target or Walmart, sexual deviance is being colorfully and arrogantly proclaimed from America’s rooftops.”

“Can we trademark the rainbow?” she wondered, before admitting that such an effort is “probably impossible and perhaps even inappropriate.”

After blasting the “violence-inspiring Southern Poverty Law Center and Right Wing Watch” for supposedly persecuting Christians, Harvey warns that one day, we will all find ourselves in hell"...

People like this make me wanna....Beat_stick

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-06-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: Trademark the rainbow
Well, I already trademarked rain and sunlight so this bitch is way behind the curve.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
29-06-2017, 12:27 AM
(28-06-2017 10:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, well, well. This nitwit evangelical christian activist named Linda Harvey wants to know if Christians can traidmark the rainbow so gay people can't use it anymore. No...no....... I'm not kidding.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/linda...activists/

"The sweet rainbow image has been violated, raped by the deluded and fraudulent, and it now serves too often as a garish signpost for slavery to grave homosexual sin,” Harvey wrote. “From shameful pride parades to hats, T-shirts, wristbands and buttons sold at Target or Walmart, sexual deviance is being colorfully and arrogantly proclaimed from America’s rooftops.”

“Can we trademark the rainbow?” she wondered, before admitting that such an effort is “probably impossible and perhaps even inappropriate.”

After blasting the “violence-inspiring Southern Poverty Law Center and Right Wing Watch” for supposedly persecuting Christians, Harvey warns that one day, we will all find ourselves in hell"...

People like this make me wanna....Beat_stick

I'm surprised she had enough of a grasp of reality to recognize that trademarking rainbows is probably impossible.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
29-06-2017, 01:10 AM
I long though that religion is synonymous with idiocy and here I see yet another perfect example of this.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-06-2017, 01:35 AM
I already trademarked the refraction of sunlight through water droplets, so she's shit out of luck. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-06-2017, 02:53 AM
I might legitimately put in a trade mark for the LGBT[and other letter] rainbow, and make it free to use for all LGBT related activities. Will report back...

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
29-06-2017, 06:28 AM
I trademarked the cross.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2017, 06:33 AM
I thought Skittles already had that covered. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-06-2017, 07:00 AM
What an asshole. Sweet "Christian" image? Isn't that what God used to show the people of the world he wouldn't harm them anymore after he drowned pretty much everyone and everything in a worldwide flood?

Ahh yes, Genesis 9:12-16:

"And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Yes, what a sweet image for the Christians Hobo so much sweeter than people who happen to be of the same sex simply loving each other. And so much sweeter than someone who feels with all their heart they were born into the wrong body and seeks to change that so they can be *their* true selves. Neither of which harms anybody or anything.

What a fucking dick wad.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2017, 07:26 AM
It can't be trademarked, it's already public domain.

Source: Gay Pride Flag Creator Proud But Humble

From the article:
Quote:Like other flags, the Rainbow Flag is in the public domain, which has allowed endless commercial reproduction. It has appeared on just about every surface imaginable, from underwear to dog collars. Google lists more than 9-million references to the Rainbow Flag and catalogues 30-million image results.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post