Tragedy in Connecticut

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Tragedy in Connecticut
I hope anybody affected by this is OK, and I am listening for news eagerly to hear that things don't get worse. I hope everybody is fine!
http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-schoo...ories.html

Gah...just...why are Americans killing other Americans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 01:00 PM
RE: Tragedy in Connecticut
Fundie Christians: "I bet he was an atheist."

You wait. They're not saying it; but they're thinkin' it. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 01:09 PM
A public elementary school? Little kids - babies! No

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
14-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm going to guess the shooter's child was being bullied (or he believed so), and that he thought the school administration wasn't taking him seriously.

And he took it out on the administration, teachers, and classmates.

Because I can't actually imagine how he could do this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow! I had no idea so many had died. First, it only mentioned injured.

Completely and utterly incomprehensible!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
14-12-2012, 01:56 PM
(14-12-2012 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm going to guess the shooter's child was being bullied (or he believed so), and that he thought the school administration wasn't taking him seriously.

Even if that is true, I can't imagine how he could do this. Even if his child was gang-raped, I don't imagine that nearly 30 people, most of them under the age of 10, were involved. I can't imagine any scenario that would even remotely justify killing all these people. I can't even imagine a scenario where I might say "Oh, well, in that case I can see how a nut job might think this action was responsible".

On an unrelated note, I sure hope the killer turns out to be Christian. Not that I will blame Christianity on his actions, but I know if he's an atheist that Christians will blame atheism. I don't need that kind of negative association.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
14-12-2012, 01:58 PM
The person's religious views are the least of my concern, it is their mental state I am worried about. Yet another mentally deranged person who could have been helped if our system wasn't so effed in the A here in the US? That would be a critical fact to learn.

Evolve
14-12-2012, 02:00 PM
(14-12-2012 01:56 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm going to guess the shooter's child was being bullied (or he believed so), and that he thought the school administration wasn't taking him seriously.

Even if that is true, I can't imagine how he could do this. Even if his child was gang-raped, I don't imagine that nearly 30 people, most of them under the age of 10, were involved. I can't imagine any scenario that would even remotely justify killing all these people. I can't even imagine a scenario where I might say "Oh, well, in that case I can see how a nut job might think this action was responsible".

On an unrelated note, I sure hope the killer turns out to be Christian. Not that I will blame Christianity on his actions, but I know if he's an atheist that Christians will blame atheism. I don't need that kind of negative association.

I sure didn't mean to imply justify.

Anyway, looks like I'm wrong. His mother was a teacher there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-12-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 02:09 PM by GirlyMan.)

His mother was a Kindergarten teacher there. Sounds like he killed her and then started taking out her class. ... fucked up.

I know that Chas has pointed out to me in the past that the NRA doesn't support firearms in the hands of the mentally unstable, but until they're willing to actually do something to prevent it, it's all just hot air and platitudes.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2012, 02:08 PM
They will ban guns eventually.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.