Tragedy in Connecticut

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: Tragedy in Connecticut
My son and I were just at Sandy Hook Elementary School (in Newtown) this
week for a wrestling match, so close to home. I fear some of the kids
we wrestled may be dead. We coaches (I'm doing that this year) will
have to say something tomorrow morning at practice....

Just reported the killer killed his mother, worms can't start eating this scum soon enough.

[Image: cleardot.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 02:14 PM
(14-12-2012 02:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  They will ban guns eventually.
"Eventually" is the problem. How long til then? These kinds of stories scare the shit out of me.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
14-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Went to College with a HS friend of mine, he just posted this.

We
are praying for all the families in Danbury/Sandy Hook, Connecticut.
Life is so precious. Never take it for granted. Please God, be with
those in need.

MUST refrain from replying to him. So I will do it here. Maybe God with all his power and wisdom could go back and time and actually be with those 6 year old kids who really needed help before they got a bullet in the head. Wow, wouldnt' that be great if God really was that powerful, but he's not, he didn't do a damn thing, and he never does.

thanks, needed to vent.
[+] 1 user Likes Mike_RC_RINO's post
14-12-2012, 02:16 PM
(14-12-2012 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm going to guess the shooter's child was being bullied (or he believed so), and that he thought the school administration wasn't taking him seriously.

And he took it out on the administration, teachers, and classmates.

Because I can't actually imagine how he could do this.

His mother was a Kindergarten teacher there. Sounds like he killed her and then started taking out her class. ... fucked up.

I know that Chas has pointed out to me in the past that the NRA doesn't support firearms in the hands of the mentally unstable, but until they're willing to actually do something to prevent it, it's all just hot air and platitudes.

Yeah, but "they" who? Consider Surely not the NRA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 02:22 PM
What is the difference between the not so popular comedian Greg giraldo and todays school shooter?

Drinking Beverage

Todays shooter killed before he died.
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
14-12-2012, 02:40 PM
(14-12-2012 12:55 PM)conkles Wrote:  I hope anybody affected by this is OK, and I am listening for news eagerly to hear that things don't get worse. I hope everybody is fine!
http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-schoo...ories.html

Gah...just...why are Americans killing other Americans?
This stuff is the darkside of Andy Warhol's prediction that in the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.

You look at chat rooms and forums and online games and Facebook and Television. Everyone is willing to die for fame and stardom. And also the griefers. People who want to make everyone else's life miserable and get a high out of it. You combine this with an easy access (at least just limited to a clean criminal record) to guns, and this shit becomes inevitable. It didn't used to happen. but we never had this cultural shift toward the prusuit of fame and glory as much as we have today. And to the point that we no longer value human life so we can get a headline out of it? It's disgusting. It really is.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-12-2012, 02:44 PM
(14-12-2012 02:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
"Eventually" is the problem. How long til then? These kinds of stories scare the shit out of me.
When? Maybe:

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
14-12-2012, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 04:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-12-2012 02:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  His mother was a Kindergarten teacher there. Sounds like he killed her and then started taking out her class. ... fucked up.

I know that Chas has pointed out to me in the past that the NRA doesn't support firearms in the hands of the mentally unstable, but until they're willing to actually do something to prevent it, it's all just hot air and platitudes.

Yeah, but "they" who? Consider Surely not the NRA.

The NRA just needs to STOP doing things. Stop opposing the elimination and/or regulation of gun shows which just ignore any waiting periods or basic felony background checks required of legitimate gun shop owners (think I read gun shows now make up like 40% of the market). Stop opposing a requirement for a basic psychological profile to indicate you are mentally stable enough to own an assault rifle. Can't afford a psychologist's or psychiatrist's sign off? Then I sure as shit don't want you owning an assault rifle 'cause the odds of you wanting an assault rifle just to get some cash or other criminal activity is greatly increased. You want to defend yourself and family with a variety of different shotgun gauges and shot? Fine. Hell, that's what I do. Handguns? Be careful but up to you. Fine. You're a hunter with a .30-06 and whatever other hunting rifle you want? Fine. I don't hunt but from what I remember from The DeerHunter, hunters are all about one shot. Fine. Those are all exempt. I don't want the NRA to do anything, I want the NRA to do a lot less, to just calm the fuck down and stop interpreting every attempt at reasonable firearms regulation as an assault on the Second Amendment. Pretending the NRA's hands are clean of these massacres is fucking naive. Their political influence is why goddam crazy fuckers can get their hands on assault rifles. You know it and I know it.

Not gonna happen here. After free speech it's our next highest priority wrt freedom. But just as the First Amendment don't cover yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater, neither does the Second Amendment cover permitting mentally unstable insane motherfuckers access to goddam fucking assault rifles.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2012, 03:42 PM
(14-12-2012 03:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 02:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not gonna happen here. After free speech it's our next highest priority wrt freedom. But just as free speech don't cover yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater, neither does the Second Amendment cover permitting mentally unstable insane motherfuckers access to goddam fucking assault rifles.
This was beautiful. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 04:51 PM
(14-12-2012 02:15 PM)Mike_RC_RINO Wrote:  Went to College with a HS friend of mine, he just posted this.

We
are praying for all the families in Danbury/Sandy Hook, Connecticut.
Life is so precious. Never take it for granted. Please God, be with
those in need.

MUST refrain from replying to him. So I will do it here. Maybe God with all his power and wisdom could go back and time and actually be with those 6 year old kids who really needed help before they got a bullet in the head. Wow, wouldnt' that be great if God really was that powerful, but he's not, he didn't do a damn thing, and he never does.

Well said.

In this mind-numbing tragedy, the craziest thing of all to me--aside from the mental state of the deranged mass-murderer--is the God talk: "they're in my prayers," "prayer vigil," "God be with those in need." It's just loony.

Don't they see that their god DID NOT PROTECT 5-YEAR OLD KIDS FROM BEING KILLED? That they're praying to some being that's supposed to be all-knowing and all-powerful and morally perfect, who stood by while a nutcase gunned down 20 kids in a kindergarten classroom? Or maybe they think the kids were sinners and deserved what they got?

I know all about the "free will" argument: If God interfered with people's free will, that would be more evil in the big picture than allowing people to do what they want, whether it's shooting kindergartners to death in their classroom, or flying planes into buildings, or tying a man to the back of a pickup truck by a rope and dragging him to death because you don't like his race, or exterminating 6 million innocent people because you don't like their race and religion . . . Let's hear it for free will. But even if that excuse had any validity, can you invoke it in the case of a madman with an obviously diseased mind? Do such people have free will that God needs to protect?

If there's ever a case of people giving themselves over to wishful thinking, closing their eyes, pretending the world is one way when it's clearly another, this is it. God won't protect you and your kids, folks! If you think he will, talk to the parents of these 20 little children. But you go on praying and praying, going to church, fingering your rosaries, kissing the Torah, bowing down to Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful . . . I just don't get it.

It seems that for many if not most people, clinging to nonsense is the only possible response to unspeakable tragedy. When there's nothing else that can be done, the only thing possible is to pray . . . even if the entity being prayed to is the one who allowed the tragedy to occur in the first place.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post