Tragedy in Connecticut

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Tragedy in Connecticut
I couldn't agree with you more, cufflink. Every media outlet was reporting that the grieving have been turning to God and prayer. They were showing churches that were literally overflowing with people. This just seems ludicrous to me. Praying to a God who would allow five-year-old children to get murdered is insane. If there's ever a time to abandon God and faith, now would be it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ANT's post
15-12-2012, 09:40 PM
(14-12-2012 04:51 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I know all about the "free will" argument:

No fucking way that kid did this shit of his own free will. ... No fucking way.

This is not my signature.
15-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm sick of people telling me that this shit happened because god isn't allowed in schools. I'm sorry, but where does it say in order to hear a prayer, people must collectively pray while being led in said prayer? People are completely free to pray when ever and where ever they wish. In this country god is freaking everywhere.

I'm tired of this bullshit. A friend put on fb that those kids were "lucky" to celebrate christ's birthday in heaven....seriously what the fuck?

When shitty things happen, it's not because of god or devil -- that's just superstitious nonsense. Shit just happens. Earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, 9-11, Oklahoma City, Jonestown, mall shootings....all fucking happen.

We can't always prevent shitty things from happening.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-12-2012, 04:03 AM
(15-12-2012 10:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sick of people telling me that this shit happened because god isn't allowed in schools. I'm sorry, but where does it say in order to hear a prayer, people must collectively pray while being led in said prayer? People are completely free to pray when ever and where ever they wish. In this country god is freaking everywhere.

I'm tired of this bullshit. A friend put on fb that those kids were "lucky" to celebrate christ's birthday in heaven....seriously what the fuck?

When shitty things happen, it's not because of god or devil -- that's just superstitious nonsense. Shit just happens. Earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, 9-11, Oklahoma City, Jonestown, mall shootings....all fucking happen.

We can't always prevent shitty things from happening.
It's even worse when it's something that actually might have been prevented (like shooting).

The FB comment is sick. I was also disgusted by the comments of a the governor or some such official, actually thanking God. In situations like this I do feel sorry for you, who live in the States - must be unspeakably frustrating.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
16-12-2012, 04:53 AM
(15-12-2012 09:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 04:51 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I know all about the "free will" argument:

No fucking way that kid did this shit of his own free will. ... No fucking way.

I am in agreement with you. The news stated that he had a type of autism. I would not be shocked at all if he received some kind of visual message from tv or a computer that only someone with his condition could receive and had no choice in the matter. All in the name of being able to eventually ban guns to the general public, so this country can officially become a dictatorship because the citizens can no longer defend themselves.
16-12-2012, 01:22 PM
(16-12-2012 04:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 09:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No fucking way that kid did this shit of his own free will. ... No fucking way.

I am in agreement with you. The news stated that he had a type of autism. I would not be shocked at all if he received some kind of visual message from tv or a computer that only someone with his condition could receive and had no choice in the matter. All in the name of being able to eventually ban guns to the general public, so this country can officially become a dictatorship because the citizens can no longer defend themselves.

No, that's not it. The lesson here is that you ain't in control of dick, you think you're in control 'cause the system has evolved to the point that an artificial pilot is useful, but you ain't in control of dick. The Id is in charge, bitches. And it knows that the Ego ain't ready to hear that. Dude didn't decide one morning to just go out and kill a bunch of kids, dude wasn't even there when it happened. Dude wasn't even there when he offed his self.

This is not my signature.
16-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I am humbled and amazed at the heroic acts that we've learned about re: this incident. The woman that hid children in
cupboards, the principal that immediately confronted him, the lady that
got shot in the arm and leg whilst blockading a door that didn't have a
lock. The human perspicacity and willingness to protect the young amazes me. These people are true heroes.
16-12-2012, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 08:51 PM by fstratzero.)

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
16-12-2012, 11:00 PM
(16-12-2012 08:21 PM)happy cricket Wrote:  The human perspicacity and willingness to protect the young amazes me.
It serves a pretty simple evolutionary advantage. Not all that surprising.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
16-12-2012, 11:08 PM
(16-12-2012 11:00 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 08:21 PM)happy cricket Wrote:  The human perspicacity and willingness to protect the young amazes me.
It serves a pretty simple evolutionary advantage. Not all that surprising.
I don't man. I'm pretty sure my kids' principal would have hid under his desk.