TrainWreck's derailment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 08:16 AM
TrainWreck's derailment
Here's my problem

I have a product that I want to give a scientific name to.

It is a "cookie-cutter" system that is designed to help all social organizations to advance their mission to its ultimate benefit of Humanity.

I do not want to name it God, but if you want, that is what can be.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 08:25 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: TrainWreck's derailment
How would you sell it to others? I don't mean necessarily in terms of money but how would you convince other people to use your system?

EDIT: Didn't realise it was in the personal issues & support section so I removed my facetious comment.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Wrong section, I think... but do would you describe your system as follows?

1. Function: What are its functions and functional requirements. ie, what does it take as input, what processing does it perform, and what does it produce as output? What does it do, exactly?
2. Form: What are its non-functional requirements. ie, how well does it perform its functions
3. Fit: What are the interfaces between your system and the universe outside your system?
4. Physical breakdown: If relevant - what are its parts, and how are they connected?
5. Logical breakdown: If relevant - how are its functions performed by its parts?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
06-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I moved this - it's not a personal problem. The personal Issues and Support section does not allow debates and is for personal/psychological type issues where the poster is looking for emotional support.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-05-2014, 10:33 AM
(06-05-2014 08:16 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Here's my problem

I have a product that I want to give a scientific name to.

It is a "cookie-cutter" system that is designed to help all social organizations to advance their mission to its ultimate benefit of Humanity.

I do not want to name it God, but if you want, that is what can be.

And you want us to do what? Help you? Interesting request for someone who delights in spewing vitriol toward Atheists. Lemme know how that works out for you.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Sounds stupid.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
06-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Is it... Is it an aresol can filled with Toluine and flavored propellant?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
06-05-2014, 11:35 AM
(06-05-2014 10:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And you want us to do what? Help you? Interesting request for someone who delights in spewing vitriol toward Atheists. Lemme know how that works out for you.

I do not get much pleasure in slighting my debate competition who attack me, first.

This is a cooperative oriented discussion - you want to prove that atheists can be cooperative and put forth something that all people can benefit from.

I am so-so sorry I did not recognize this discussion earlier - it is very obscure compared to the specific areas that are going to be of tremendous challenge to the pride of atheist community - dogma of a misnomer doctrinaire.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-05-2014, 11:46 AM
(06-05-2014 08:16 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Here's my problem

Far from the only one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-05-2014, 12:42 PM
(06-05-2014 11:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 10:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And you want us to do what? Help you? Interesting request for someone who delights in spewing vitriol toward Atheists. Lemme know how that works out for you.

I do not get much pleasure in slighting my debate competition who attack me, first.

This is a cooperative oriented discussion - you want to prove that atheists can be cooperative and put forth something that all people can benefit from.

I am so-so sorry I did not recognize this discussion earlier - it is very obscure compared to the specific areas that are going to be of tremendous challenge to the pride of atheist community - dogma of a misnomer doctrinaire.

[Image: jennifer-lawrence-you-failed.gif]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post