Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
So.. I see on Facebooks that some tranny entered a weight lifting competition of some sort and won it or did well in it or some shit. Probably won it. And the issue was that she was a he and is that fair?

Of course I don't live in America or Saudi Arabia so naturally people on my facebooks aren't repressive assholes so all the comments were as you'd expect, 'if he wants to be a she they should let her', 'it's her right to choice' blah blah blah liberal leftest shit you'd expect. And initially I was in the same boat. Initial reaction was "respect the trans gender rights to acknowledge him as a her". BUUUT I was having a shower and was thinking about it more and I've changed my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for LGBQTwhateverthefucklettersmakeupthisshitnow rights. It doesn't bother me as long as you don't go full retard and dumb down society by calling yourself gender fluid or that you gender identify as a fucking corn flake or whatever the fuck these liberal hippy fuckwits are into these days.

So of course it's unfair to exclude her based on her once being a dude. BUT is it? Is it fair on the women who have been women their whole lives and don't have that biological advantage that the former dude has?? Competition, especially at this level, should be about ability and who has prepared/worked the hardest etc.. not who used to be a dude and thus has a huge biological advantage. It's a similar reason why steroids are illegal.

Should we maybe have trans gender categories? would there even be enough competition/demand for a category like that?

It's tricky because it's unfair to exclude her because she used to be a dude. But it's unfair on the rest of the competition if you include her because she has a unique biological advantage.

Thoughts? (beyond the initial emotional one you lot often give without actually giving it some reasonable thought please.)

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-03-2017, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2017 10:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(20-03-2017 10:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Thoughts?

TheBorg taught us not to pay attention to The False Facebooks.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Here is a good answer for some of your potential misconceptions about transgender women in sports (plus its funny).

http://www.cracked.com/article_24360_6-w...ating.html

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
21-03-2017, 04:24 PM
(21-03-2017 03:55 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Here is a good answer for some of your potential misconceptions about transgender women in sports (plus its funny).

I understand the need to fill the instinctual desire to bring up racism and whatever and how we oppressed people in the past so shouldn't do it now blah blah. BUT the cracked article doesn't address the issue I have raised.

I'm not saying the "tradition" or "integrity" of sport is being compromised by allowing trans peeps to compete against whoever they want. I'm not saying women athletes will be in danger, or that it will lead to animals being allowed to compete or whatever. I am saying that we have womens category and mens category for a reason. Men are built different to women. Is it time we had a trans gender category? Or is it unfair to women to allow former men to compete in the women category?

@Bucky, Facebook's got nothing to do with it. Facebooks just where this train of thought stemmed from, don't be a dumb cunt.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs wins Texas girls championship

Texas makes him wrestle girls. (And use the girls' showers presumably.) So yeah a juiced up teenage boy wrestling girls. Who's taking bets?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-03-2017, 06:25 PM
(21-03-2017 04:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 03:55 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Here is a good answer for some of your potential misconceptions about transgender women in sports (plus its funny).

I understand the need to fill the instinctual desire to bring up racism and whatever and how we oppressed people in the past so shouldn't do it now blah blah. BUT the cracked article doesn't address the issue I have raised.

I'm not saying the "tradition" or "integrity" of sport is being compromised by allowing trans peeps to compete against whoever they want. I'm not saying women athletes will be in danger, or that it will lead to animals being allowed to compete or whatever. I am saying that we have womens category and mens category for a reason. Men are built different to women. Is it time we had a trans gender category? Or is it unfair to women to allow former men to compete in the women category?

@Bucky, Facebook's got nothing to do with it. Facebooks just where this train of thought stemmed from, don't be a dumb cunt.

Yeah, it did. In the very first point. It linked you to two reasearches showing that trasngender women produce less testosterone than cisgender women, thus they actually have a disadvantage on that point and that their muscle and bone mass is similar to that of cisgender women of similar weight and racial background. Of course that's assuming they are post operation for long enough for their metabolism to adapt to a new cocktail of hormones.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
21-03-2017, 08:30 PM
(21-03-2017 06:25 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 04:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I understand the need to fill the instinctual desire to bring up racism and whatever and how we oppressed people in the past so shouldn't do it now blah blah. BUT the cracked article doesn't address the issue I have raised.

Yeah, it did. In the very first point. It linked you to two reasearches showing that trasngender women produce less testosterone than cisgender women, thus they actually have a disadvantage on that point and that their muscle and bone mass is similar to that of cisgender women of similar weight and racial background. Of course that's assuming they are post operation for long enough for their metabolism to adapt to a new cocktail of hormones.

Interesting.
The facebook thing I saw did mention something like this. The former guy/girl that won had transitioned later in life. I believe that was part of the problem because she had been at those male levels for so long compared to someone that had started hormone therapy around the teenage years.

I think though that raises an issue that if there was a transgender category, would it be fair for transgender women who transitioned early compared to those that transitioned later?

It's tricky.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-03-2017, 08:46 PM
The real reason that there is "men's sports" and "women's sports" -

There's a fair number of short dicked assholes out there, that are so fucking insecure about their sexuality, that the mere idea of being bested by a woman in any competition sends them into a state of extreme shriveling.... About like a ten year old boy falling into an icy pond.....

Hell - if they'd had co-ed wrestling when I was in high school, I probably would have tried out....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-03-2017, 09:03 PM
(21-03-2017 08:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The real reason that there is "men's sports" and "women's sports" -

There's a fair number of short dicked assholes out there, that are so fucking insecure about their sexuality, that the mere idea of being bested by a woman in any competition sends them into a state of extreme shriveling.... About like a ten year old boy falling into an icy pond.....

Hell - if they'd had co-ed wrestling when I was in high school, I probably would have tried out....

Tongue

Yes Truth is, I've never had a lot of interest in wrestling with guys. Some people's mileage obviously vary, and that's fine for them.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-03-2017, 09:28 PM
"Competition, especially at this level, should be about ability"
You said it yourself. Ability just intrinsically makes more sense to me than sex as a classification for athletes.

As a member of the angiosperm clade, myself, I have a lot of experience with being two genders and sexes simultaneously, so I could probably do twice as well at any sport. It's like a double-whammy of sexiness. I just don't do sports, because I don't want the other athletes to feel bad about being so inferior to me. I'm doing them a favor Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?