Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(24-03-2017 09:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:When someone I thought was an ally says it, and continues to say it after knowing how I feel about it, it's not just insensitive- it's purposefully ignoring my feelings... it's completely disrespectful and aggressive.

Here's the hard truth Emma. I don't give a fuck that it offends you. I really don't.
It's not an offensive word. It's as simple as that. It might be where you are but it's not here and so I'm not going to change to accommodate YOUR hurt feelings. That's YOUR problem. Just because you're a tranny doesn't give you the right to demand I stop doing something simply because you're a thin skinned snowflake when that thing is neither offensive or harmful.

This is EXACTLY the political correct bullshit the LGBT community always fucking does. They're always god damn upset about something. Fucking drama queens. They can take a dick up the ass but they can't joke one simple fucking non-offensive word??
That makes zero fucking sense.

Quote:Muffs thinks he knows better. But you know what? He doesn't. Him and the others defending him for this shit are disappointing. Because they simply don't care about what experiences it brings up in my mind and others like me.

Because it's not my fucking problem that you get triggered off a simple fucking word. That's YOUR issue. It's not an offensive word, I am not attacking or saying offensive things about you. YOU are choosing to be triggered like the special tranny snowflake you are because I used the word tranny once in a completely non-offensive way.

And yea, you're free to express YOUR OPINION on my use of language but it's fucking laughable that you think I'm going to comply simply because you're a triggered drama queen special snowflake tranny having a fucking cry. It don't work that way sweetheart.

I don't give a shit that you're triggered and I'm not going to stop using it because it's not an offensive word and you being triggered is your own damn problem.

Quote:But allies and friends who disregard my feelings? That's complete disrespect. And that's what disappoints me. They think that I am too sensitive, and that I ought not take offense to their blatant disregard of my emotional reactions to their hurtful words.

Jesus fucking Christ, bitch please I'm not your mother. I'm not going to rub your back and tell you everythings ok because you had an 'episode'. Your damn right I disrespect your stupid opinion on the matter and your behavior in this thread regarding it.

Quote:Because I surround myself with people who care about me.

No, it's because they know you'll react like this and they don't wanna deal with a crying tranny.

Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
25-03-2017, 08:29 AM
(25-03-2017 08:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hey Muffsy, I'm curious...

I read only a few of the posts in this thread but I've seen the fall-out. Likewise, I didn't read any of the "nigger" shit-storm you started some years back, but I recall the fall-out was that Red Celt was banned (which saddened me because we'd been having some informative conversations) and NEOhio left and one other person, I think.

... anyway, I'm curious as to what collateral damage is acceptable to you in making a stand for a principle?

Observing the on-going Jordan Peterson vs. Bill C-16 Canadian debacle, the 'snowflake' rebuttal is valid in that laws are being proposed to 'force' people to use certain words ... i.e. forced respect. This is effectively creating a thought-crime ... which is why Peterson has gained so much support.

But this is no way near the same as people who know each other hoping for empathy and a little modification in tone or language because they are feeling intimidated or upset.

To use your own phrase from that A2 interview ... asking for some polite etiquette regarding one sensitive subject does not equate to having "a stick up yer arse" about every subject.

So, how far are you willing to push this principle-stick up yer own arse? What is the metric and what the threshold that satisfies you that you've made your point?

Just curious.

There are people here who are quite caustic but veil it in 'acceptable' language.

Apparently we need to censor 'bad words'?

Is that where we are heading?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Quote:... anyway, I'm curious as to what collateral damage is acceptable to you in making a stand for a principle?

Oh I think we both know the answer to that DLJ, I'm sure that's why you asked it.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-03-2017, 08:49 AM
As far as you being dismayed because red celt was banned...I didn't have any issues with Chippy...in fact, I got along with him just fine. I don't, however, think I can blame his banning on muffs so that it goes along with the current lynch mob mentality.

RS has threatened - no - demanded that things be done his way once before and it worked for him that time. Will he be in charge again?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-03-2017, 09:06 AM
(25-03-2017 08:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
There are people here who are quite caustic but veil it in 'acceptable' language.

In real life it's called tact and diplomacy... which helps to strike a balance between freedom of expression and sensitivity to others potential reaction.

There are people (artists, comedians, for example) who will push the boundaries that create cultural change (for good or for ill depending on one's ethical baseline) and there are cultural differences where boundaries clash (e.g. immigrants' customs being unacceptable to native culture and vice versa).

"Bad" is subjective.

On the latter, the subject I teach, called ITIL, is pronounced eye-till but it is spelled the same as an Indonesian word and when pronounced it-ill means "cunt" in Bahasa (Indonesian).
It's not easy to change that for that local market when it's a globally recognised abbreviation.

The point is that when there is a clash of principles, wisdom must prevail.

As so often before, it's a clash of freedom of expression (to rebutt, to argue, to not accept someone else's position) vs. self-imposed curtailing of those rights in favour of community harmony.

So I'm wondering what are the objectives here? Is it vindication; principle over compromise; other?
And by what metric is this measured? Is it an apology; quantity of people leaving the forum; sense of personal satisfaction; other?

My questions don't relate to my personal opinion (I find it hard to believe that anyone here doesn't know where I stand on the subject); they relate to the #1 thing which the mod team is tasked with maintaining i.e. the health of the forum.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2017, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2017 09:24 AM by Full Circle.)
Never mind

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-03-2017, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2017 09:24 AM by Full Circle.)
I was going to ask people once again to take a deep breath but...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-03-2017, 09:16 AM
(25-03-2017 08:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:... anyway, I'm curious as to what collateral damage is acceptable to you in making a stand for a principle?

Oh I think we both know the answer to that DLJ, I'm sure that's why you asked it.

You may know. I don't. Which is why I asked.

(25-03-2017 08:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  As far as you being dismayed because red celt was banned...I didn't have any issues with Chippy...in fact, I got along with him just fine. I don't, however, think I can blame his banning on muffs so that it goes along with the current lynch mob mentality.

RS has threatened - no - demanded that things be done his way once before and it worked for him that time. Will he be in charge again?

I had no issues with Chippy either (although expecting the guy from India to defend the caste system just because he was born there struck me as illogical).

RS... twice before. And neither time did his ultimatum affect the outcome (although I'd be lying if I said that it didn't nearly affect the decision process in the opposite direction - as is often the way with ultimata).

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-03-2017, 10:18 AM
(25-03-2017 09:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 08:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...

In real life it's called tact and diplomacy... which helps to strike a balance between freedom of expression and sensitivity to others potential reaction.

There are people (artists, comedians, for example) who will push the boundaries that create cultural change (for good or for ill depending on one's ethical baseline) and there are cultural differences where boundaries clash (e.g. immigrants' customs being unacceptable to native culture and vice versa).

"Bad" is subjective.

On the latter, the subject I teach, called ITIL, is pronounced eye-till but it is spelled the same as an Indonesian word and when pronounced it-ill means "cunt" in Bahasa (Indonesian).
It's not easy to change that for that local market when it's a globally recognised abbreviation.

The point is that when there is a clash of principles, wisdom must prevail.

As so often before, it's a clash of freedom of expression (to rebutt, to argue, to not accept someone else's position) vs. self-imposed curtailing of those rights in favour of community harmony.

So I'm wondering what are the objectives here? Is it vindication; principle over compromise; other?
And by what metric is this measured? Is it an apology; quantity of people leaving the forum; sense of personal satisfaction; other?

My questions don't relate to my personal opinion (I find hard to believe that anyone here doesn't know where I stand on the subject); they relate to the #1 thing which the mod team is tasked with maintaining i.e. the health of the forum.

The classes you teach really don't dictate the governing of this forum. This is a social forum that is made up of people from all over the world and from differing backgrounds.

When you teach your classes, I assume, that there is a specific outcome for the knowledge you pass along. That doesn't work at a party. This is a bunch of people hanging out...or it's herding cats...however you want to look at it.

Yes, I speak (write) differently depending upon the topic and who I am interacting with. And things are different at work...not better or worse...just different.

This is not an environment that can be governed by the professional goals you specialize in.

This is a global forum. There really is no way to avoid differences in language and delivery. If we all have to toe the line in order to never, ever say something that someone else doesn't like...we will be a forum that is your personal echo chamber.

25-03-2017, 10:35 AM
(25-03-2017 10:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
When you teach your classes, I assume, that there is a specific outcome for the knowledge you pass along.

There is.

The delegates get an industry recognised qualification* and a whole bunch of thinking tools that are specifically designed to facilitate decision making ... doing the right things; doing things right ... for any size of enterprise - from global multi-national to social club.

* it's a tough exam and I have 100% pass rate
(the fact that I mark the exams has nothing whatsoever to do with it)

Big Grin

Thinking about it, as I'm running the course again in a couple of weeks, I might use the example of transsexual (male to female) athletes competing in women's competitions to see if the delegates can balance the equation of the different stakeholders' value interests (benefits x risks x resource optimisation).... cos I sure don't know the answer.

Huh

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post