Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(25-03-2017 06:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It's too bad he does.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But let's just give this whole pissing match a rest...wouldn't that be nice?

You are adding nothing but fuel to the fire.

I feel triggered.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(25-03-2017 06:26 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are entitled to your opinion.

But let's just give this whole pissing match a rest...wouldn't that be nice?

You are adding nothing but fuel to the fire.

I feel triggered.

I suggest throwing a fit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-03-2017, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 08:12 AM by Emma.)
Edit: clearing my last post to say this instead.

Muffs: I'm sorry for my original response. I know it was overly caustic and I wasn't in the best state of mind when I posted it last week, so I apologize for that. I still wish you would be willing and able to see past someone's angry response and try to understand why someone might be hurt rather than attack them in response, but I can't hold you to a standard to which I am not always willing or able to hold myself.

I just ask that you please try to approach this subject with a bit more sensitivity in the future. Trans people are mocked and attacked with regularity everywhere in the world with dismissal and dehumanizing language which allow people to feel justified in their physically violent attacks as well. It would be wonderful if there were fewer people in the world who were willing to do so. Say the word tranny, don't say it, I don't care. Do whatever you like. Just please try to consider others and I will also try to do better myself and controlling my initial responses when something like this gets under my skin.
[+] 10 users Like Emma's post
27-03-2017, 08:42 AM
(27-03-2017 07:47 AM)Emma Wrote:  Edit: clearing my last post to say this instead.

Muffs: I'm sorry for my original response. I know it was overly caustic and I wasn't in the best state of mind when I posted it last week, so I apologize for that. I still wish you would be willing and able to see past someone's angry response and try to understand why someone might be hurt rather than attack them in response, but I can't hold you to a standard to which I am not always willing or able to hold myself.

I just ask that you please try to approach this subject with a bit more sensitivity in the future. Trans people are mocked and attacked with regularity everywhere in the world with dismissal and dehumanizing language which allow people to feel justified in their physically violent attacks as well. It would be wonderful if there were fewer people in the world who were willing to do so. Say the word tranny, don't say it, I don't care. Do whatever you like. Just please try to consider others and I will also try to do better myself and controlling my initial responses when something like this gets under my skin.

^ That's maturity that is.

Muffs, you be nice too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-03-2017, 08:49 AM
(27-03-2017 08:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 07:47 AM)Emma Wrote:  Edit: clearing my last post to say this instead.

^ That's maturity that is.

Muffs, you be nice too.

I agree, looks like this cooling off idea really works. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Moving on ...

I think it might me good to realize that Emma & Earmuffs, are both furthering the discussion, each in their own way. It doesn't mean such hyper reaction needs to become an expected or established behavior pattern, but it should help all to recognize the pattern, call it out, and either roll with it and/or step out. If for nothing else than to preserve one's own sanity. Dodgy

The thing is, discomfort and scuffles are often a part of normalizing sensitive issues and can help to further discussions beyond hurt and hate. It is a good thing that boundaries become exposed and discussed - the boundaries of others as well as one's own.

Any kind of growth is a rough go. Growth is actively difficult - it's a little bit push and a little bit restraint. It is not easy and there are no guarantees.

Eventually, growth leads to more productive discussion, fewer boundaries, less hurt and hopefully, no more shallow excuses for hatred. Hatred - that's the shit that breeds.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
27-03-2017, 09:11 AM
I've definitely learned from this I think.