Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
Thread reopened I split off couple posts that now are in the Vipers Pit

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2017, 12:05 PM
(22-03-2017 11:43 AM)Emma Wrote:  Bones won't change shape, but soft tissue will (cartilage probably doesn't change much either, if at all).
Emma, I was amazed to see my daughter's nose change shape during her transition. It got much smaller and more feminine. Her chin and face changed shape a little, it too became more feminine. The eyes became more upturned at the corners. She lost a half a shoe size and a half an inch in height. She lost muscle mass as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread. Her waist became smaller but she didn't get a lot of fat in the hip area. I'm very slim hipped so she probably wasn't going to have hips even if she was a cis-gendered women.

She transitioned at 19.

ps. What the hell, Goose.No

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-03-2017, 12:11 PM
(22-03-2017 11:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 07:24 AM)Emma Wrote:  Edit: I used the word "cunt" and I hate using that word, and I felt bad about it, so I removed it.

Muffs probably wouldn't have minded. I think it's his favorite word.

Laugh out load

Ha! True. I hate the word, personally, and I felt hypocritical for using it. So I edited it Laugh out load

(22-03-2017 12:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 11:43 AM)Emma Wrote:  Bones won't change shape, but soft tissue will (cartilage probably doesn't change much either, if at all).
Emma, I was amazed to see my daughter's nose change shape during her transition. It got much smaller and more feminine. Her chin and face changed shape a little, it too became more feminine. The eyes became more upturned at the corners. She lost a half a shoe size and a half an inch in height. She lost muscle mass as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread. Her waist became smaller but she didn't get a lot of fat in the hip area. I'm very slim hipped so she probably wasn't going to have hips even if she was a cis-gendered women.

She transitioned at 19.

Ugh, soooo lucky! Heart

I don't know if my feet shrank or not, but I wear a size 7 womens, and I used to wear a 6.5 mens. Shocking

I'm a small person, so I'm very lucky in a lot of ways with regard to my transition goals. I wish my nose and chin would change shape, too Laugh out load But it's not likely. Oh well!
22-03-2017, 12:27 PM
(22-03-2017 10:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think that's the huge problem. I think sports are often slower to acknowledge the problems -- maybe.

I think the problem is that when they first started testing for performance enhancing drugs they didn't adequately account for performance enhancing genetics. What are they gonna do when Usain Bolt shows up on a genetic screening as half giraffe?

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-03-2017, 12:30 PM
(22-03-2017 10:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Then there's others like baseball's Barry Bonds, who hit a bunch of home runs...There are many in baseball that feel those runs should be expunged from his record.

I think performance enhancing everything should be allowed. I want to see how fast man can run, I don't care how we go about it.

#sigh
22-03-2017, 12:36 PM
a size 6.5 men is a woman's 8.5. I sometimes wear a men's size 7 and I'm a woman's size 9. Which is odd, since feet are mostly bone, how did you lose shoe sizes? Odd. Especially since men's and women's shoes are sized differently in more than length, as I found out painfully with a pair of boots. Ouch. A woman's ball and toe box is bigger in relation to her heal than a man's.
22-03-2017, 12:51 PM
(22-03-2017 12:36 PM)natachan Wrote:  a size 6.5 men is a woman's 8.5. I sometimes wear a men's size 7 and I'm a woman's size 9. Which is odd, since feet are mostly bone, how did you lose shoe sizes? Odd. Especially since men's and women's shoes are sized differently in more than length, as I found out painfully with a pair of boots. Ouch. A woman's ball and toe box is bigger in relation to her heal than a man's.

To be fair, sometimes I wear a woman's size 7.5 depending on the manufacturer. My ballet flats that I'm wearing today are 7.5, but the wedge booties that I bought recently were size 7. My wife wears a size 8 or 8.5 and her shoes are too big for me. However, my old sneakers still fit fine. Consider
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
22-03-2017, 12:56 PM
(22-03-2017 12:51 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:36 PM)natachan Wrote:  a size 6.5 men is a woman's 8.5. I sometimes wear a men's size 7 and I'm a woman's size 9. Which is odd, since feet are mostly bone, how did you lose shoe sizes? Odd. Especially since men's and women's shoes are sized differently in more than length, as I found out painfully with a pair of boots. Ouch. A woman's ball and toe box is bigger in relation to her heal than a man's.

To be fair, sometimes I wear a woman's size 7.5 depending on the manufacturer. My ballet flats that I'm wearing today are 7.5, but the wedge booties that I bought recently were size 7. My wife wears a size 8 or 8.5 and her shoes are too big for me. However, my old sneakers still fit fine. Consider

I wear a woman's 8 or 8.5 depending on the shoe. Ballet flats, I need the larger size. And when I'm pms, I'm like the Stay Puft Marshmallow woman and nothing fits my feet Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-03-2017, 12:57 PM
(22-03-2017 12:11 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 11:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Muffs probably wouldn't have minded. I think it's his favorite word.

Laugh out load

Ha! True. I hate the word, personally, and I felt hypocritical for using it. So I edited it Laugh out load

(22-03-2017 12:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Emma, I was amazed to see my daughter's nose change shape during her transition. It got much smaller and more feminine. Her chin and face changed shape a little, it too became more feminine. The eyes became more upturned at the corners. She lost a half a shoe size and a half an inch in height. She lost muscle mass as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread. Her waist became smaller but she didn't get a lot of fat in the hip area. I'm very slim hipped so she probably wasn't going to have hips even if she was a cis-gendered women.

She transitioned at 19.

Ugh, soooo lucky! Heart

I don't know if my feet shrank or not, but I wear a size 7 womens, and I used to wear a 6.5 mens. Shocking

I'm a small person, so I'm very lucky in a lot of ways with regard to my transition goals. I wish my nose and chin would change shape, too Laugh out load But it's not likely. Oh well!

Your nose and chin look great. You look like Kristen Bell like I told you before. Most women would kill to look like her Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-03-2017, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 01:45 PM by Full Circle.)
Let’s take the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) as an example to flesh out (pun intended) a few of my thoughts.

Just like in boxing there are weight classes. No matter how good a UFC 140 pound fighter is, going up against a UFC 240 pounder isn’t a fair fight. They used to have open weight classes but it looked more like a circus than a competition.

In other martial arts what determines who can compete with one another besides gender is rankings or belts. Having a 3rd degree blackbelt fight against a purple belt is ridiculous and dangerous. However I don’t see why a person who qualifies in skill and size can’t compete regardless of gender.

So far we haven’t seen fights being sanctioned between genders. Imagine a woman wanting to fight men in her weight class and her skill level in a Karate tournament. I say go for it.

Not all sports fall neatly into categories of skill and size but in the Olympics there are some sports that could be combined, diving springs to mind. Smile Platform and spring board. The thing is in the Olympics skill level is an OPEN category, we don’t see a “purple belt” 3 meter diver competition, all we see one event classification. Some genderless categories could be for shooting events and Equestrian events are already genderless.

The issue is complicated by there being gender based classifications in the first place. I think it’s fair that these exist so as not curtail female participation in all sports. Now comes the topic I’ve been avoiding. Is it fair for a person born with a male body transition and compete with females? I think it should be treated on a case by case basis depending on muscle mass.

Thoughts?

ps @Goosesniper, why are you watching same sex stuff if it turns you off? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post