Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(22-03-2017 12:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:11 PM)Emma Wrote:  Ha! True. I hate the word, personally, and I felt hypocritical for using it. So I edited it Laugh out load

Ugh, soooo lucky! Heart

I don't know if my feet shrank or not, but I wear a size 7 womens, and I used to wear a 6.5 mens. Shocking

I'm a small person, so I'm very lucky in a lot of ways with regard to my transition goals. I wish my nose and chin would change shape, too Laugh out load But it's not likely. Oh well!

Your nose and chin look great. You look like Kristen Bell like I told you before. Most women would kill to look like her Tongue

Awww, I completely forgot about that! Kristen Bell is gorgeous! I don't think I really look much like her though. At least not in person Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
22-03-2017, 01:55 PM
I have always wanted to watch the movie, Beautiful Boxer. Maybe over spring brake I'll have time. From what I understand the Thai have acknowledged a third gender.

This kinda explains Thai's views on the genders.

One more thing about gender. Some of the American indigenous tribes felt there was more than two genders. Gay and transgender people were often called Two Spirit people and were revered because they were someone who was both male and female attributes.

http://www.dancingtoeaglespiritsociety.o...spirit.php

In Native American culture, before the Europeans came to the America's, "two-spirit" referred to an ancient teaching. This type of cross-gender identity has been documented in over 155 tribes across Native North America.

Our Elders tell us of people who were gifted among all beings because they carried two spirits, that of male and female. It is told that women engaged in tribal warfare and married other women, as there were men who married other men. These individuals were looked upon as a third and fourth gender in many cases and in almost all cultures they were honoured and revered. Two-spirit people were often the visionaries, the healers, the medicine people, the nannies of orphans, the care givers (Roscoe 1988). They were respected as fundamental components of our ancient culture and societies.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-03-2017, 02:00 PM
I remembered that too, after you reminded me DFT. I think that has happened in several cultures.
LOL, you guys and feet size.
Maybe it is a bigger factor in gender identification. I am a man through and through and it is a good thing too.
Size 12 DDDD in the new balance tennis shoes. I don't think it 'transitions' well Big Grin
22-03-2017, 02:02 PM
(22-03-2017 01:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Let’s take the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) as an example to flesh out (pun intended) a few of my thoughts.

Just like in boxing there are weight classes. No matter how good a UFC 140 pound fighter is, going up against a UFC 240 pounder isn’t a fair fight. They used to have open weight classes but it looked more like a circus than a competition.

In other martial arts what determines who can compete with one another besides gender is rankings or belts. Having a 3rd degree blackbelt fight against a purple belt is ridiculous and dangerous. However I don’t see why a person who qualifies in skill and size can’t compete regardless of gender.

So far we haven’t seen fights being sanctioned between genders. Imagine a woman wanting to fight men in her weight class and her skill level in a Karate tournament. I say go for it.

Not all sports fall neatly into categories of skill and size but in the Olympics there are some sports that could be combined, diving springs to mind. Smile Platform and spring board. The thing is in the Olympics skill level is an OPEN category, we don’t see a “purple belt” 3 meter diver competition, all we see one event classification. Some genderless categories could be for shooting events and Equestrian events are already genderless.

The issue is complicated by there being gender based classifications in the first place. I think it’s fair that these exist so as not curtail female participation in all sports. Now comes the topic I’ve been avoiding. Is it fair for a person born with a male body transition and compete with females? I think it should be treated on a case by case basis depending on muscle mass.

Thoughts?

ps @Goosesniper, why are you watching same sex stuff if it turns you off? Consider

You can't avoid it if you watch tv. It's not just men. I don't like to see females making out. I find it very disturbing when I see guys kiss. It grosses me out to be honest. I'm not against gays. It's in my family. I do not have much tolerance for the flamers. You can be gay and proud of it. You don't have to act like a proverbial queer. Act like a man. Talk like a man. Gay woman don't try to act like dudes. Why do some. Some. Gay men have to act like woman. Is fake to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
22-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Be who you are and proud of it. That goes for you as well Emma. Got nothing against you.

22-03-2017, 02:16 PM
So there's a difference between being gay/bi/trans and not conforming to societal gender standards. If you have no problem with gays why have an issue with men or women who don't conform to traditional gender behavior?
22-03-2017, 02:19 PM
I suspect it is all happy talk, natachan.
22-03-2017, 02:22 PM
(22-03-2017 02:16 PM)natachan Wrote:  So there's a difference between being gay/bi/trans and not conforming to societal gender standards. If you have no problem with gays why have an issue with men or women who don't conform to traditional gender behavior?

If you're gay. Your gay. You don't have to talk with a fake lisp. It has nothing to do with being gay. Be yourself. Fake is fake. Being gay and acting fake is dishonest to who you are or who you represent. My wrist all of s sudden doesn't go,limp because I decide I'm gay.

22-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Why would a heterosexual man act phoney. Why would a gay person act phoney. It just makes you look silly.

22-03-2017, 02:24 PM
(22-03-2017 02:22 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:16 PM)natachan Wrote:  So there's a difference between being gay/bi/trans and not conforming to societal gender standards. If you have no problem with gays why have an issue with men or women who don't conform to traditional gender behavior?

If you're gay. Your gay. You don't have to talk with a fake lisp. It has nothing to do with being gay. Be yourself. Fake is fake. Being gay and acting fake is dishonest to who you are or who you represent. My wrist all of s sudden doesn't go,limp because I decide I'm gay.

Facepalm I've know many, many men who didn't talk with a lisp, didn't have a limp wrist and were gay.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post