Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 05:58 AM
RE: Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(23-03-2017 01:33 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 09:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Never expect a post from muffs to be a safe space.

He doesn't sugar coat things. Some people can handle that...some can't.

I've never heard off such bullshit in my life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe if you ever read what you post then you would actually know what bullshit is and how it is read.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-03-2017, 07:32 AM
As far as I can tell, the terms "grow a thicker skin" and "safe space" are used by people who wish to verbally abuse others without anyone being able to call them out on it.

They also like the term, "Just telling it like it is."

That's exactly what Klansmen say, down here in the deep South, when they're making ridiculous claims about the "nature" of dark-skinned races, gays, Jews, or whatever other group they're maligning for not being WASP enough: "I'm just tellin' it like it is, man. Not my fault the truth hurts you!"

Seriously.

As to Muffs' point about taking offense to terms like "fairy" or "homo", that has not been my experience with the gay community here in the USA at all. What they take offense to are those who use the terms in derogatory fashions, still, and who think it's okay to still sling around the old prejudices-- we're in the midst of a civil rights fight, here, and part of the victory has come from calling people out on their stereotypes and use of language to degrade LGBT persons.

Words have power, even if you're unwilling to recognize your impact on other people when you hurt them (there's a term for such a refusal... socio-something...), and especially words that have historically and not all that long ago been used as preparatory slurs to dehumanize the "faggot" before that faggot got beat to death. That word in particular has power, and one should be careful about its use.

Historically, the term "faggot" originally meant a bundle of kindling, of the kind used to burn people who had been tied to stakes. It's a not-so-subtle reminder that "we used to burn people like you alive". The gay community has largely taken control of those terms back from the straight community, using it on themselves but not wishing for outsiders to call them that, much as the African American community repossessed the n-word to rob it of its harmful power, and rightly insist that others not call them that.

Muffs, you decided to be an asshole to Emma because she (rightly) pointed out that you claim not to care about something and yet felt the need to make an entire thread in order to express your opinion on it, which seems an odd move for someone who doesn't really care about it all that much. She did not suggest you should not have shared your opinion, or that you should not employ free speech. The only dumb cunt in that exchange was you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-03-2017, 07:40 AM
(22-03-2017 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 07:24 AM)Emma Wrote:  Oh yay, yet another ignorant ass hole weighing in on something he knows so little about... Drinking Beverage

Fuck off with your post-PC edgelord bullshit.

And "tranny"? Do you also support the use of anti-gay slurs, like "homo", "fudge packer", "fairy", "queer" and other shit like that?

If you don't give any shits about it, then don't give any shits and don't have an opinion. But if you actually want to know what transitioning does to the body, then do some damn research and learn about it yourself.

Edit: I used the word "cunt" and I hate using that word, and I felt bad about it, so I removed it.

I actively encourage the use of "anti-gay" slurs. Especially the use of fairy and homo. One of the LGBQT's biggest issue is that they're all a bunch of fruity snowflakes who take offense to every tiny slight (generalizing here obviously but I think you know the fuckers I'm talking about. You're probably one of them actually). They need to get over themselves a lot of the time, they don't have a monopoly on being called names yet they certainly act like it's the biggest crime of the century.

Quote:If the issue of alleged transgender sports "advantages" truly doesn't bother you, then why have you posted a thread about it?

Because it's an internet forum you stupid cunt, we post ideas and share opinions and thoughts.
IT'S THE ENTIRE POINT YOU DENSE. RETARDED. FUCK.

Good god, Muffs, you're SUCH a try-hard. Rolleyes

You're calling me a snowflake and you can't handle criticism without a tantrum? Fucking grow up. Drinking Beverage

(22-03-2017 09:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 09:24 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Agreed, but I also remember him dogging another member over his/her biological sex despite that person clear refusal. That he is gay doesn't immune him from being bigoted toward some transgender or even some homosexual issues and pointing out hypocrisy more often than not doesn't immune him to hypocritical on occasion. People aren't paragons of the virtue they possess. I am calling him out on being rude and overblown, but I myself certainly was rude and overblown on this forum at some point (and will be). A slight of character is a slight of character no matter from whom it comes from. It not being an habit only makes it easier to forgive if contritions are made or time passes.

Never expect a post from muffs to be a safe space.

He doesn't sugar coat things. Some people can handle that...some can't.

He's well beyond "not sugar coating things", though. The guy is a rats nest of anger... or something. Dude needs to sort out some of his issues before calling others out on shit he doesn't understand and doesn't care to understand.

I mean, I'm not saying he can't or shouldn't act like he does sometimes, but I don't intend to give him a pass on this one. Because he's being fucking stupid about it.

Personally, I don't actively encourage the use of transphobic slurs like "tranny", and I half-figured he would encourage it for homophobic slurs. I don't give any shits about what Muffs has been through, if he lacks the empathy to know how it hurts other people, that's his own damn failing- not me or others like me being a snowflake. Maybe there are times and places where he can get away with it and not hurt anyone, but he doesn't get to decide for other people that they shouldn't be hurt by the phrase that's been flung at them derisively- not matter what he's experienced in his own life as a gay man.

He's allowed to say "tranny", but I'm going to call him a shithead for saying it. And a fucking prick. But he probably takes some backwards pride in those labels. Because that's what try-hards do. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
23-03-2017, 11:09 AM
I like Muffs, I think he can be funny and he does make some interesting threads. He once did a whole story for me in my story thread. I don’t think he is a bigot or a bad person, I do, however, think he likes to be provocative. (I do feel kinda slighted he’s never called me a cunt though Tongue ).

When you are provocative you are going to get blow back, it kinda goes with the territory. So that said, I think Emma had every right to be upset at some of the wordage in the OP. Even if you don’t have any problems with those words, other people do, and even if you are using them in a completely provocative manner, other troll members pick up on those words and use them in a mean and nasty derogatory fashion.

In either situation, those words can be hurtful. Like RS mentioned, words have power. And some people use them to fill their hate-filled agenda, even if you weren’t using them in that fashion. Either way, the word carries a negative connotation and if someone expresses that it hurts them, then that is reason alone to stop using it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-03-2017, 11:30 AM
(23-03-2017 11:09 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I like Muffs, I think he can be funny and he does make some interesting threads. He once did a whole story for me in my story thread. I don’t think he is a bigot or a bad person, I do, however, think he likes to be provocative. (I do feel kinda slighted he’s never called me a cunt though Tongue ).

When you are provocative you are going to get blow back, it kinda goes with the territory. So that said, I think Emma had every right to be upset at some of the wordage in the OP. Even if you don’t have any problems with those words, other people do, and even if you are using them in a completely provocative manner, other troll members pick up on those words and use them in a mean and nasty derogatory fashion.

In either situation, those words can be hurtful. Like RS mentioned, words have power. And some people use them to fill their hate-filled agenda, even if you weren’t using them in that fashion. Either way, the word carries a negative connotation and if someone expresses that it hurts them, then that is reason alone to stop using it.

I so agree with this, the saying sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me is perhaps the most bollocks phrase I've ever heard, words can cut deep. I prefer the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me " Tongue
Muffs is outspoken and funny as fuck, its hard not to like him, I certainly don't dislike him per se, but on this subject I think he did cross the line somewhat and then goosedick stepped up to the plate to stoke the fire, talk about satans little minion. Hopefully it will be possible to move past this without everyone hating on each other forevermore, lifes too short for that. Smile
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
23-03-2017, 11:36 AM
FWIW, I don't hate or dislike Muffs. I don't think he's a bad person or a bigot. He's just a dick that's unnecessarily aggressive sometimes.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
23-03-2017, 11:48 AM
(23-03-2017 11:36 AM)Emma Wrote:  FWIW, I don't hate or dislike Muffs. I don't think he's a bad person or a bigot. He's just a dick Māori cunt that's unnecessarily aggressive sometimes.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-03-2017, 11:55 AM
(23-03-2017 11:36 AM)Emma Wrote:  FWIW, I don't hate or dislike Muffs. I don't think he's a bad person or a bigot. He's just a dick that's unnecessarily aggressive sometimes.

Well, in his defense, if he doesn't call someone a cunt at least once a day, he loses some of his mojo Wink I honestly would start to worry about him if he stopped calling people cunts. Like it was one of the signs of the apocalypse or some shit Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-03-2017, 12:03 PM
(23-03-2017 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 11:36 AM)Emma Wrote:  FWIW, I don't hate or dislike Muffs. I don't think he's a bad person or a bigot. He's just a dick that's unnecessarily aggressive sometimes.

Well, in his defense, if he doesn't call someone a cunt at least once a day, he loses some of his mojo Wink I honestly would start to worry about him if he stopped calling people cunts. Like it was one of the signs of the apocalypse or some shit Tongue

lol, I'm not bothered by it. I'm kinda honored. Angel

I did respond to his OP quite a bit more aggressively than I probably should have so I probably deserve it at least a bit. But, since he posts at different times than I do usually, it was the first thing I saw when I came in yesterday morning before I had my coffee so I didn't feel like making a graceful post in response to something like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
23-03-2017, 12:07 PM
(23-03-2017 12:03 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, in his defense, if he doesn't call someone a cunt at least once a day, he loses some of his mojo Wink I honestly would start to worry about him if he stopped calling people cunts. Like it was one of the signs of the apocalypse or some shit Tongue

lol, I'm not bothered by it. I'm kinda honored. Angel

I did respond to his OP quite a bit more aggressively than I probably should have so I probably deserve it at least a bit. But, since he posts at different times than I do usually, it was the first thing I saw when I came in yesterday morning before I had my coffee so I didn't feel like making a graceful post in response to something like that.

That's an emotionally charged word, totally understandable. You're a sweet person and it's clear that you only reacted that way because it cut to the bone.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post