Trans rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Trans rant
I'm so sick of the drama and being in the spotlight. I know transgender stuff is the big thing nowadays and people are 100% allowed to talk about it. I just want it to be clear that it's not a game. We want to live a happy lives and be comfortable in our own bodies. It's not easy, but knowing that people care about you helps a lot. There are a lot of supportive people.

I look forward to when we're not seen as a big deal. We're people like anyone else. :/ I don't want to be stepped on, but I don't want to be babied or lifted up either. I think others feel the same way. We're equal. Drinking Beverage

Anyway, looking forward to when people move on to the next big topic.

☆☆☆
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users Like CosmicRaven's post
13-12-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Trans rant
At At work.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Soon our brains will be transferred into robots as soon as we emerge from our test tube wombs and it won't matter any more Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
13-12-2016, 09:52 AM
(13-12-2016 09:19 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so sick of the drama and being in the spotlight. I know transgender stuff is the big thing nowadays and people are 100% allowed to talk about it. I just want it to be clear that it's not a game. We want to live a happy lives and be comfortable in our own bodies. It's not easy, but knowing that people care about you helps a lot. There are a lot of supportive people.

I look forward to when we're not seen as a big deal. We're people like anyone else. :/ I don't want to be stepped on, but I don't want to be babied or lifted up either. I think others feel the same way. We're equal. Drinking Beverage

Anyway, looking forward to when people move on to the next big topic.

Hope you'll feel better. There is of course no guarantee that transgender topics won't show up, so try to ignore and not read them; if there is no real profit in doing something you don't like, don't do it. And the more you hang about here, the more likely somebody will stand by your side in hard times.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
13-12-2016, 10:04 AM
All things that were cast aside and ignored or even punished emerge into the conversation eventually. That's a good thing - it's how prejudices end up getting eradicated.

Give it some time, it's working in your favor, same as it has for gays, women's rights and cannabis. Eventually the conversation will move on...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Yeah. I'm just kind of venting n stuff. It was good to get that out.

☆☆☆
[+] 4 users Like CosmicRaven's post
13-12-2016, 10:35 AM
I suspect I have been guilty of lifting up and babying in the past but your post has made me think twice before I am over effusive in future I think some of us act that way because we are ashamed about how mainstream conventional society treats trans people and sometimes we try to over compensate.
13-12-2016, 01:11 PM
I didn't know you were trans, CosmicRaven.

But yes I agree with every word you say. I feel the same.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
13-12-2016, 01:17 PM
People are people. My perspective from a related thread...
(13-12-2016 10:12 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  What parts you have, clothes/accessories you like to wear, parts you prefer to play with, or anything else related to gender, sex, or sexual orientation is irrelevant to me. Just don't assume I know how to address you or what you might consider an insult. I might be a little ignorant, so you may need to give me the benefit of the doubt sometimes. I'll certainly do the same for you.

Ultimately, as long as you aren't an asshole to me or my friends and family, I like you. And even if you are an asshole, as long as it is an endearing type of assholery, I might give you a pass.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
13-12-2016, 01:36 PM
I have to admit, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about trans fats, until I saw it was in the personal section. Does that help?

I have avoided trans fats for almost two decades, including all hydrogenated oils.

But trans people? I never avoid them, they are awesome.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post