Trans women not 'real women'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Trans women not 'real women'
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co....p/39173398

While I can see the point she is trying to make, she seems to assume that anyone born female will share the same experiences and 'oppression', and that that is a key element of 'womanhood'.

While I don't disagree that there is more to 'womanhood', whatever that even means, than what organs you have, I don't necessarily think being raised female is a particularly large part of that.

And she appears to be attacking transwomen for dressing 'for' men - that is not my general experience of transwomen, but for those who do choose to dress a certain way, I am fairly certain that most choose to do so to feel more confident in their femininity that to please men.

And finally, if it's not ok for men to demand that women dress and act a certain way, why is ok for her to do the same?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
06-03-2017, 05:38 AM
RE: Trans women not 'real women'
I loved the response:

[Image: _94945206_capture3.jpg]

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Lucipurr's post
08-03-2017, 12:58 AM
I mean no disrespect to the trans community, but the issue of gender is not at all a simple matter. If we had a society in which trans people were treated equally, and felt comfortable with expressing their identities this would be a non-issue. But that isn't the case. I'm reminded of what Senator Abetz correctly pointed out a couple of weeks back: The "Rainbow Flag" is the official flag of a micronation that has declared war on us (the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands). And I have to agree with him that displaying that flag given that is repulsive. It doesn't mean I don't think they should have equal rights and opportunities, but once you say you're at war with your country and that is your symbol it's no different to flying a NAZI flag or an ISIL flag in its meaning. Anyway, I will personally never see that flag as representing a neutral stance again.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2017, 01:29 AM
"Real women" is meaningless. It's either an equivocation fallacy or a no-true-Scotsman. We either use a strict scientific definition, or people keep their grubby mitts off.

Also, who cares? They are people. Surely that's the point, whatever label you use.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
08-03-2017, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 02:40 AM by Lucipurr.)
(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I mean no disrespect to the trans community, but the issue of gender is not at all a simple matter. If we had a society in which trans people were treated equally, and felt comfortable with expressing their identities this would be a non-issue. But that isn't the case. I'm reminded of what Senator Abetz correctly pointed out a couple of weeks back: The "Rainbow Flag" is the official flag of a micronation that has declared war on us (the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands). And I have to agree with him that displaying that flag given that is repulsive. It doesn't mean I don't think they should have equal rights and opportunities, but once you say you're at war with your country and that is your symbol it's no different to flying a NAZI flag or an ISIL flag in its meaning. Anyway, I will personally never see that flag as representing a neutral stance again.

Are you serious right now? It is a micronation. I think it is safe to assume that it doesn't pose a threat to Australia or any other country for that matter. No different to flying an ISIL or Nazi flag? Let me know when the "Gay and Lesbian Kingdom" begin trying to exterminate groups of people.

From the article:

Quote:During a Senate estimates hearing on finance and public administration on Tuesday, conversation turned to flags. Liberal Senator Eric Abetz, one of the most conservative members of parliament, was concerned about a rainbow flag -- a symbol of the LGBTQ equality movement -- being flown in the foyer of the finance department.

Seems to me that instead of outright saying he dislikes LGBT people, he decided to use a ridiculous excuse to try to get the flag taken down.
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
08-03-2017, 02:47 AM
Regardless of the wider population's opinions of the gay/transgender moral or ethical issues, my opinion is that only two flags should be flown in or on government buildings or facilities.

That is, the Australian national flag, and the Aboriginal flag.
[Image: indigenous-aboriginal_flag.jpg]
[Image: australian_national_flag_1.png]

Private/corporate/commercial buildings of course are free to fly whatever flags they desire—as it should be.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
08-03-2017, 03:00 AM
I know several genetically born females that aren't "real women"..

Several are bitches, a couple are cunts, and one is an enflamed asshole......

Oddly enough those proportions are roughly the same with the men I know....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-03-2017, 03:28 AM
(08-03-2017 12:58 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I mean no disrespect to the trans community, but the issue of gender is not at all a simple matter. If we had a society in which trans people were treated equally, and felt comfortable with expressing their identities this would be a non-issue. But that isn't the case. I'm reminded of what Senator Abetz correctly pointed out a couple of weeks back: The "Rainbow Flag" is the official flag of a micronation that has declared war on us (the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands).
That's hilarious Laugh out load

Quote:And I have to agree with him that displaying that flag given that is repulsive. It doesn't mean I don't think they should have equal rights and opportunities, but once you say you're at war with your country and that is your symbol it's no different to flying a NAZI flag or an ISIL flag in its meaning. Anyway, I will personally never see that flag as representing a neutral stance again.
Oh for fuck's sake lighten up Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-03-2017, 07:58 PM
(08-03-2017 02:30 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Are you serious right now? It is a micronation. I think it is safe to assume that it doesn't pose a threat to Australia or any other country for that matter. No different to flying an ISIL or Nazi flag? Let me know when the "Gay and Lesbian Kingdom" begin trying to exterminate groups of people.

I didn't say that it poses a threat. I said that it's repulsive. If you're going to campaign for gay rights you would do well to distance yourself from those that have publicly declared war on us. I'm happy to support marriage equality, but I would never support it under a flag that has been used as a symbol of hate against us.

Quote:Seems to me that instead of outright saying he dislikes LGBT people, he decided to use a ridiculous excuse to try to get the flag taken down.

He had several valid reasons to be concerned, not the least of which being that the Marriage Alliance banner wasn't being displayed.

As SYZ pointed out, in most situations on Government buildings it is only appropriate to fly the National flag, the Aboriginal flag, and a State/Territory flag.

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
08-03-2017, 08:51 PM
(08-03-2017 03:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I know several genetically born females that aren't "real women"..

Several are bitches, a couple are cunts, and one is an enflamed asshole......

Oddly enough those proportions are roughly the same with the men I know....

Having also served in the military, I know that you know whereof you speak. I've seen guys get stupid combative after only a few weeks at sea, in the Navy. Dudes should go run some laps on the weather deck or figure out how to masturbate without hurting themselves. Once I made Petty Officer, these were the same guys we had to go and collect up on Shore Patrol duty. Feck.