Trans women not 'real women'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: Trans women not 'real women'
(11-03-2017 07:06 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And again, if the impression I got from your writing is not what you intended to communicate, then you are free to clarify.
This.
There have been several replies now and all say words that mean "you're misrepresenting what I said" or "you got it wrong". But still not one clarification. Personally I find that telling and bordering on dishonest.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2017, 10:21 AM
OK, after reading the rest of the posts I came to some conclusions. Please, let me know if they are correct:

1) gender parts do not make someone a woman or a man.
2) "woman's state of mind" makes woman "a woman"; "men's state of mind" makes man a "a man"

Then I will ask some questions

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 8 users Like Alla's post
11-03-2017, 10:24 AM
That's it, Alla.
It is important to know that "state of mind" is not something people get to choose, in your statement. It is how their brain is wired up.
Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
11-03-2017, 10:31 AM
... Wrote:Now, imagine that you still felt exactly the same way, you knew you were a girl, but everyone who interacted with you perceived you as a boy, and treated you as such. Would you consider yourself male because of how others perceived you, or female because of how you perceived yourself?
I don't know. It is an honest answer.
I want to be more clear: I believe the reason why I knew I was a girl was because I was told that I was a girl. Not because I decided or I felt that I was a girl.

So, these are my honest questions:
1)what does it mean to "feel like a girl, or like a woman"? what is scientific explanation of "woman's or man's state of mind"?
2)what makes someone to feel like a girl or like a woman? the same questions about men. I don't want to leave out our wonderful men.

P.S. Probably RS76 answered my questions but I am not sure yet.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
11-03-2017, 10:33 AM
(11-03-2017 10:24 AM)skyking Wrote:  That's it, Alla.
It is important to know that "state of mind" is not something people get to choose, in your statement. It is how their brain is wired up.
Thumbsup
I agree with this

11-03-2017, 10:37 AM
(11-03-2017 10:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  
... Wrote:Now, imagine that you still felt exactly the same way, you knew you were a girl, but everyone who interacted with you perceived you as a boy, and treated you as such. Would you consider yourself male because of how others perceived you, or female because of how you perceived yourself?
I want to be more clear: I believe the reason why I knew I was a girl was because I was told that I was a girl. Not because I decided or I felt that I was a girl.

So, these are my honest questions:
1)what does it mean to "feel like a girl, or like a woman"? what is scientific explanation of "woman's or man's state of mind"?
2)what makes someone to feel like a girl or like a woman? the same questions about men. I don't want to leave out our wonderful men.

P.S. Probably RS76 answered my questions but I am not sure yet.
you had nothing in your brain telling you to be anything other than a girl. No conflict. For you it was typical and natural, a non-event in your life.
[+] 6 users Like skyking's post
11-03-2017, 10:39 AM
(11-03-2017 10:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  

What I bolded is an excellent point. Baby girls tend to be dressed in pink and if they don't have hair they get headbands with big bows on them. Little boys get dressed in blue and are taught to throw a ball as soon as they can throw one.

Some of us go with that and are okay with it...we don't question it because it fits to a certain extent...not counting my time as a bit of a tomboy, I didn't question that I was a girl.

I am guessing that the problem is when you are told, treated, and presented as one but your brain doesn't feel like that quite fits. It must be hard to be told you are one thing when what's inside you says you are something else.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-03-2017, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 10:50 AM by Alla.)
(11-03-2017 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Alla,
I can't say that understand being trans because I have never had those feelings. All I know is that it's not for me to understand but to accept. There are so many variables in people, in all aspects, that I can never experience all the possibilities. But as long as no one is being harmed and people can be happy...then it's a good thing.

Yes

I agree with you but I still will try my best to understand as much as I can.

I also don't want people like Heart Emma Heart to be harmed, everyone deserves to be happy.
The more I learn about WOMEN like Heart Emma Heart the less I will harm them UN- intentionally.

P.S. Even though I still don't understand many things I do understand one thing for sure: to tell transgender woman Heart Emma Heart :"you are not a real women" is harmful and hurtful. Even if I believed it was true that trans woman is not a real woman I still would never say it in her face or behind her back.

[+] 8 users Like Alla's post
11-03-2017, 10:50 AM
(11-03-2017 10:46 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Alla,
I can't say that understand being trans because I have never had those feelings. All I know is that it's not for me to understand but to accept. There are so many variables in people, in all aspects, that I can never experience all the possibilities. But as long as no one is being harmed and people can be happy...then it's a good thing.

Yes

I agree with you but I still will try my best to understand as much as I can.

I also believe that in this life I will never understand transgender woman or transgender man.

I also don't want people like Heart Emma Heart to be harmed, everyone deserves to be happy.
The more I learn about WOMEN like Heart Emma Heart the less I will harm them UN- intentionally.

P.S. Even though I still don't understand many things I do understand one thing for sure: to tell transgender woman Heart Emma Heart :"you are not a real women" is harmful and hurtful. Even if I believed it was true that trans woman is not a real woman I still would never say it in her face or behind her back.

And that is a good thing! Thumbsup

I really liked Emma when she was Kineo and am thrilled to have her back.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Being me - white male, heterosexual - no one ever gives me shit for being who I am. I won the lotto. If I try to imagine being a woman, being black, being gay, transsexual or otherwise different... I'd be a totally different person. And nowhere near as self-confident. Right now if someone gave me shit I'd just disregard them as irrelevant, but I kinda have that privilege because people aren't treating me and others like me as some kind of second-class person. If instead every day of my life I was receiving messages from society that there was something wrong with me, or that I was good but not quite as good as those white male godly specimens over there... I can see myself someday thinking "Yes, I deserve to be treated this way, something is wrong with me". And it makes me rage that large numbers of people do have to go through that. Humans are shits.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post