Trans women not 'real women'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: Trans women not 'real women'
(11-03-2017 10:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  1)what does it mean to "feel like a girl, or like a woman"? what is scientific explanation of "woman's or man's state of mind"?

Here's a pretend example to think about...
Have you ever noticed in your own experience, that when men and women are discussing the same issue, that the men in the room seem to come to similar conclusions? And you, and all the other women in the same room discussing the same issue, can barely figure out what the hell those goofy men are even talking about? Yep, I know I've been there. Dodgy

That's because the "female brain" uses different processes to think than the "male brain" does. During the thinking process, female and male brains process the same chemicals (neurochemicals) but they do it in different measurements, and that is because much of those chemicals filter through gender specific (hormonal) and body-brain connections. A lot of how we think depends on how we are "wired up".

The human brain - how it processes chemicals and hormones and information it gets from inside the body and information from outside the body (from others/society) - is constantly reacting to all these different things just to perform one thought. It's fascinating. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
11-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Anjele Wrote:I am guessing that the problem is when you are told, treated, and presented as one but your brain doesn't feel like that quite fits. It must be hard to be told you are one thing when what's inside you says you are something else.
Ok. Then would it be correct for me to conclude that to be a woman or to be a man is actually has something to do with "wires"(or chemicals) rather than with gender organs?
I want to put my thoughts in very simple and primitive way:
So, lets' say, I have female gender parts, since my childhood I am told that I am a girl, I look like a girl. But I am not acting like every other girl around me. I don't like to dress like every other girl around me. I don't make certain choices every other girl around me would do. People may notice this and they may say that I am weird kind of girl. People may say that I am like a boy. They may say: " stop acting like a boy, you are girl"
I think at this point I start to be confused, it makes me feel bad/sad. May be angry. May be embarrassed of myself? then depressed?

Heart Emma Heart , is my thinking close to the truth?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 3 users Like Alla's post
11-03-2017, 12:57 PM
(11-03-2017 11:12 AM)kim Wrote:  Here's a pretend example to think about...
Have you ever noticed in your own experience, that when men and women are discussing the same issue, that the men in the room seem to come to similar conclusions? And you, and all the other women in the same room discussing the same issue, can barely figure out what the hell those goofy men are even talking about? Yep, I know I've been there. Dodgy

That's because the "female brain" uses different processes to think than the "male brain" does. During the thinking process, female and male brains process the same chemicals (neurochemicals) but they do it in different measurements, and that is because much of those chemicals filter through gender specific (hormonal) and body-brain connections. A lot of how we think depends on how we are "wired up".

The human brain - how it processes chemicals and hormones and information it gets from inside the body and information from outside the body (from others/society) - is constantly reacting to all these different things just to perform one thought. It's fascinating. Smile

thank you, kim

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-03-2017, 06:06 PM
(11-03-2017 09:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  TO JENNYBEE
Thank you for the credit. But, of course, I want to understand.
I think it is very important that all people understand.
If I understand and I accept this I will be able to explain this to others, to my children, for example.

P.S. Now I will continue to read other posts. I will ask some questions

If all others were like you, with a desire to really understand, then the world would be a better place. Hug
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post
11-03-2017, 06:08 PM
(11-03-2017 10:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  
... Wrote:Now, imagine that you still felt exactly the same way, you knew you were a girl, but everyone who interacted with you perceived you as a boy, and treated you as such. Would you consider yourself male because of how others perceived you, or female because of how you perceived yourself?
I don't know. It is an honest answer.
I want to be more clear: I believe the reason why I knew I was a girl was because I was told that I was a girl. Not because I decided or I felt that I was a girl.

So, these are my honest questions:
1)what does it mean to "feel like a girl, or like a woman"? what is scientific explanation of "woman's or man's state of mind"?
2)what makes someone to feel like a girl or like a woman? the same questions about men. I don't want to leave out our wonderful men.

P.S. Probably RS76 answered my questions but I am not sure yet.

I'll try to take some time next week to really respond to this question. But for now, I'm in the middle of a Margarita and don't think I could really put the right amount of thought into an answer. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
11-03-2017, 06:16 PM
(11-03-2017 10:46 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Alla,
I can't say that understand being trans because I have never had those feelings. All I know is that it's not for me to understand but to accept. There are so many variables in people, in all aspects, that I can never experience all the possibilities. But as long as no one is being harmed and people can be happy...then it's a good thing.

I agree with you but I still will try my best to understand as much as I can.

I also don't want people like Emma to be harmed, everyone deserves to be happy.
The more I learn about WOMEN like Emma the less I will harm them UN- intentionally.

P.S. Even though I still don't understand many things I do understand one thing for sure: to tell transgender woman Emma: "you are not a real women" is harmful and hurtful. Even if I believed it was true that trans woman is not a real woman I still would never say it in her face or behind her back.

You're going to make me cry! Heart Thank you

(11-03-2017 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 10:46 AM)Alla Wrote:  I agree with you but I still will try my best to understand as much as I can.

I also believe that in this life I will never understand transgender woman or transgender man.

I also don't want people like Heart Emma Heart to be harmed, everyone deserves to be happy.
The more I learn about WOMEN like Heart Emma Heart the less I will harm them UN- intentionally.

P.S. Even though I still don't understand many things I do understand one thing for sure: to tell transgender woman Heart Emma Heart :"you are not a real women" is harmful and hurtful. Even if I believed it was true that trans woman is not a real woman I still would never say it in her face or behind her back.

And that is a good thing! Thumbsup

I really liked Emma when she was Kineo and am thrilled to have her back.

Aww you're all really trying to make me cry! Heart

(11-03-2017 12:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Anjele Wrote:I am guessing that the problem is when you are told, treated, and presented as one but your brain doesn't feel like that quite fits. It must be hard to be told you are one thing when what's inside you says you are something else.
Ok. Then would it be correct for me to conclude that to be a woman or to be a man is actually has something to do with "wires"(or chemicals) rather than with gender organs?
I want to put my thoughts in very simple and primitive way:
So, lets' say, I have female gender parts, since my childhood I am told that I am a girl, I look like a girl. But I am not acting like every other girl around me. I don't like to dress like every other girl around me. I don't make certain choices every other girl around me would do. People may notice this and they may say that I am weird kind of girl. People may say that I am like a boy. They may say: " stop acting like a boy, you are girl"
I think at this point I start to be confused, it makes me feel bad/sad. May be angry. May be embarrassed of myself? then depressed?

Heart Emma Heart , is my thinking close to the truth?

I think you're getting close with this. I will take more time on Monday, if I am able while at work, to really think through and respond better. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
11-03-2017, 06:28 PM
During the late 1980's I met a transgender woman at an American Atheist convention and we began a relationship that lasted for 2½ years. She was attractive, intelligent and articulate. She lived in upstate NY and visited me almost every weekend at my mountainside home in The Berkshires of W. MA. The sex was good and she absolutely loved my cooking. I don't give a damn how some people define transgenders. As far as I'm concerned, she was a woman through and through.
[+] 11 users Like Gwaithmir's post
11-03-2017, 06:49 PM
(11-03-2017 12:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Ok. Then would it be correct for me to conclude that to be a woman or to be a man is actually has something to do with "wires"(or chemicals) rather than with gender organs?

Speaking from my own hormonal manipulation experience, different testosterone levels (I've experienced everywhere from 100-1000 ng/dl) certainly affect my state of mind.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-03-2017, 06:54 PM
(11-03-2017 06:28 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned, she was a woman through and through.

Bob! Gasp

Mate seriously, we get that you knew her. Obviously very well. Wink

However, some details are best left kept secret.

Hobo

Italics mine.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-03-2017, 06:59 PM
(11-03-2017 06:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 06:28 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned, she was a woman through and through.

Bob! Gasp

Mate seriously, we get that you knew her. Obviously very well. Wink

However, some details are best left kept secret.

Hobo

Italics mine.

> You'll have to excuse me. I am an old man pining for a love lost. Weeping
[+] 6 users Like Gwaithmir's post