Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Transgender Bathrooms?
I'm conflicted on this topic.

At first I don't feel that this should be a real issue. The US has a population of 319 mill. 700k of which identify as transgender. That makes a very tiny tiny percentage of the population. less then .2%. Is there a real calling for a new restroom to be added?

On the other hand I've been in unisex bathrooms before. Mostly at bars. The one's with just one toilet and urinal. There mostly a pain in the ass because you have to wait forever to get into, and when you do it usually a cesspool. But you go in do your business and go back to drinking. The last thing I try to think of is how many asses have been on that seat. Not a big deal.

So is it this a big deal? Is this something that will fade into absurdity given time?

[Image: 0394985702.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
23-04-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
I have seen so much about this on Facebook. It you listen to the opponents of gender neutral bathrooms you would have to become convinced that bathrooms will be only a place for perverts to attack women. And that sexual assaults will only happen in public restrooms.

I think these people who are so worried that they are going to be harmed have a pretty inflated sense of their attractiveness to every other person on the planet.

Also, I think that in the long run, bathrooms will become more, not less, private. I see stalls being put in all bathrooms and banks of urinals on a wall not being a thing any more.

People need to pee...doesn't matter if they have an inny or an outy or if they sit or stand.

If they want to segregate bathrooms, base on what you are going there to do.

Urinate only.
Vomit stalls.
Reapply makeup - better lighting required
Talk only - no plumbing required.
You get the idea.

Such a non-issue.

Depends needs to use this fear driven hysteria to sell more product...I must go buy stock in adult diapers. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2016, 03:07 PM
My thing is that this is used to stop the crossdresser calling himself a woman.(because many perverts would use this to look at women in the women's bathroom. On top of that, most transgender people look enough like the gender they changed to that you couldn't tell if they were a genetic or trans in their gender unless they told you.

However I am a bit conflicted, seeing as some people who went through all the changes, only because some people who went through the surgery still kinda look like a man, so I am just hoping if they are going to make this law with that in mind.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-04-2016, 03:21 PM
The 'cross dressing perv' is going to find a way to do their thing.

I bet there will be less peeping in bathrooms when the peepers won't know what they will getting an eye full of.

When that smooth lady bottom they were hoping for turns out to be Bubba's hairy butt...they may find a new hobby.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2016, 03:26 PM
I think that places should have at least 1 unisex bathroom for one person of any gender to use at a time. (1 toilet, 1 urinal, a diaper changing thing, etc.) I don't see the need to make a whole bathroom with many stalls for those of us who are Transgender or NB. Small population.
23-04-2016, 03:31 PM
This isn't really even just about trans people.

What about the man who takes his daughter to the mall, or restaurant, or ballgame? Let's say she's eight years old. Does he take her into the men's room? Or, does he stand outside the women's restroom and hope all's well...what if she's sick? Send her in there alone?

The reverse also...a mom takes her son...as in above.

The fact of the matter is that most people are going into bathrooms to use the facilities. End of story.

Unisex bathrooms just make sense.

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2016, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2016 03:37 PM by cactus.)
So let me get this straight, when making a threat assessment of the person entering a public restroom, these people are doing so on the basis of how well the person "passes" as a specific gender?
That fear seems more than just a little misplaced, no?

These bathroom laws are fucking stupid. Imagine a person (born with unambiguous genitalia of the vaginal variety) who has been taking doses of T for two years, and happens to have a full beard. What do you expect to happen when this person enters the women's restroom? Two words come to mind. Pepper. Spray.

People should use the restroom that they feel more comfortable, and safer, to use. Or better yet, optional unisex restrooms will naturally start to become more commonplace over time as the request for them grows.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
23-04-2016, 03:36 PM
(23-04-2016 03:26 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I think that places should have at least 1 unisex bathroom for one person of any gender to use at a time. (1 toilet, 1 urinal, a diaper changing thing, etc.) I don't see the need to make a whole bathroom with many stalls for those of us who are Transgender or NB. Small population.

Too expensive to require all places of business to add a third bathroom.

Perhaps a better solution would be for everyone to quit being a bunch of pansies and just go take a shit. This entire country is going to become one giant "safe space" if we don't put the brakes on this garbage.

Maybe the unisex thing would work if we just do away with men's restrooms though. Are any men going to complain if a woman comes inside the men's room? Maybe I could get behind that. Just take all of the "men's room" signs down and replace them with unisex. Everyone wins.
[+] 3 users Like Matt Finney's post
23-04-2016, 03:49 PM
(23-04-2016 03:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If they want to segregate bathrooms, base on what you are going there to do.

Urinate only.
Vomit stalls.
Reapply makeup - better lighting required
Talk only - no plumbing required.
You get the idea.
Cut a few lines on the top of the tank. Wink

Such a non-issue.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
23-04-2016, 03:50 PM