Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(10-05-2016 03:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Whatever, you're still a bigot. That is, you're intolerant of people who are different. Whatever your reasons are, they're not in any way rational.
Thank you for demonstrating why I don't bother making my reasons public by claiming that they are irrational without knowing what they are. How could I ever hope to convince a person who believes things based on no evidence? A pointless exercise.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 04:21 PM
(10-05-2016 04:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 03:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Whatever, you're still a bigot. That is, you're intolerant of people who are different. Whatever your reasons are, they're not in any way rational.
Thank you for demonstrating why I don't bother making my reasons public by claiming that they are irrational without knowing what they are. How could I ever hope to convince a person who believes things based on no evidence? A pointless exercise.

It's been demonstrated time and time again that the reasons people have for disliking transgender people are totally shit.

10-05-2016, 04:42 PM
(10-05-2016 03:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 03:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Micropenis?
To quote Trump, "I guarantee you there's no problem." Wink

Show us your hands.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-05-2016, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 07:08 AM by Mathilda.)
(10-05-2016 02:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If you think that (religious) conservatives are the only ones who dislike transgender people, you're severely misinformed. Believe it or not, a lot of the hate and discrimination aimed at transsexuals comes from other members of the LGBT community, gay and lesbian people in particular. There are also certain feminist groups that dislike male-to-female transsexuals and reject the idea of giving them the same rights as regular women. It was an eye-opening experience for me when I researched the subject many years ago and found out that there are people from all walks of life who don't like them. I count myself among those people, though I don't care to share my reasons for it with anyone else.

How exactly did you research the subject? Googling? Asking transgendered people?

It is true that some lesbians, gay men and feminists can have an axe to grind with transgendered people, but that's because the mere existence of transgendered people disprove several bullshit sociological theories these people come up with in order to make themselves feel more comfortable about themselves. For example, some older gay men like to think of trans women as drag queens in order to maintain their precarious world view.

The problems come from their own insecurity about being accepted into society. Since homosexuality is now largely accepted in society this problem is quickly diminishing. The TERFs (trans exclusive radical feminists) are also finding themselves on the wrong side of history and it is mainly the older generation of feminists that are more insecure about being their own rights that are the main bigots.

Do you also hate people who you don't yet know are transgendered but otherwise accept? Or only when you find out that they are transgendered?

Do you consider this a problem with yourself or the fact that transgendered people exist?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
11-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Found the link regarding older gay men

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/T...uratt.html

Quote:Fouratt's letter reveals why "sex changes" so confused and enraged gay men of that era: Many simply thought of transsexual transitions as some kind of socially-forced "cures of homosexuality" that were submitted to by "confused, crazy queens". This shocking but incorrect imagery was incredibly disturbing to gay men, and many felt compelled to rail out against such "mutilations".
11-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Transgender bathrooms? Bathrooms don't have genders. O.o

Trying to lighten the mood.

*whistles*
[+] 3 users Like CosmicRaven's post
11-05-2016, 10:19 AM
(10-05-2016 04:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

I don't know about you, but I'd think just by NOT sharing your reasoning, it's reasonable to assume that your reasons aren't rational.

I mean why wouldn't you want to share your rational reasoning? I mean unless you're just an asshole. I mean you're asking us to take you at your word that you have rational reasons to discriminate against Transgender people.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
11-05-2016, 10:26 AM
(11-05-2016 06:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Found the link regarding older gay men

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/T...uratt.html

Quote:Fouratt's letter reveals why "sex changes" so confused and enraged gay men of that era: Many simply thought of transsexual transitions as some kind of socially-forced "cures of homosexuality" that were submitted to by "confused, crazy queens". This shocking but incorrect imagery was incredibly disturbing to gay men, and many felt compelled to rail out against such "mutilations".

They were upset by people being bi too - it was seen as a cop-out. Like all of us, the gay community has done a lot of growing up over the years.

Vosur, if it makes you feel uncomfortable, it makes you feel uncomfortable. Long as you don't try to impose that on others, it's ok by me, whatever the cause.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-05-2016, 10:31 AM
(11-05-2016 10:19 AM)Ash Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 04:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Thank you for demonstrating why I don't bother making my reasons public by claiming that they are irrational without knowing what they are. How could I ever hope to convince a person who believes things based on no evidence? A pointless exercise.

I don't know about you, but I'd think just by NOT sharing your reasoning, it's reasonable to assume that your reasons aren't rational.

I mean why wouldn't you want to share your rational reasoning? I mean unless you're just an asshole. I mean you're asking us to take you at your word that you have rational reasons to discriminate against Transgender people.

Well just because it is rational doesn't mean people aren't going to be offended by it. Just ask Galileo

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Yea, peeing & pooing.
https://www.ncscooper.com/transgender-do...to-pee-on/

The greatest concern of the twenty first century, so far. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post