Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(11-05-2016 12:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Do you also hate people who you don't yet know are transgendered but otherwise accept? Or only when you find out that they are transgendered?

Do you consider this a problem with yourself or the fact that transgendered people exist?
I'm not a big fan of loaded questions, Fräulein*. This is already the second time I have to point out that I have never claimed to hate them. While I do not hate them, I do refuse to comply with their demands to call them by their preferred gender pronouns or to support any legislation aimed at indulging (instead of treating) their mental disorder. I'm in complete agreement with the esteemed psychiatrist Paul McHugh on this topic.

Arsehole it is then. You obviously doen't care about causing great offence and prefer to stick to your own ignorance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 04:00 PM
(11-05-2016 03:52 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Arsehole it is then. You obviously doen't care about causing great offence and prefer to stick to your own ignorance.
You're right, I don't care about whether or not people are offended by my words. I don't see why you think I'm ignorant, though. Are you saying that you are more of an expert on this topic than a reputable psychiatrist at John Hopkins University? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-05-2016, 04:05 PM
(11-05-2016 04:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 03:52 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Arsehole it is then. You obviously doen't care about causing great offence and prefer to stick to your own ignorance.
You're right, I don't care about whether or not people are offended by my words. I don't see why you think I'm ignorant, though. Are you saying that you are more of an expert on this topic than a reputable psychiatrist at John Hopkins University? Consider

Yes.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
11-05-2016, 04:10 PM
You're doing the theist thing Vosur, pointing to a single professional in the field and using binary religious thinking to say that the existence of such a person confirms the Truth of the what you are arguing. You know that science doesn't work that way, therefore you are being disingenuous. This confirms your bigotry. You are deliberately holding an opinion despite plenty of evidence to the contrary. Dancefortwo has plenty of times now posted a whole load of links of peer reviewed scientific studies of transsexual brains yet you ignore all this. And for reasons that you do not admit to, you continue to negate the life of transsexual people who have suffered more than you could ever know by misgendering them. You are a hypocrite because you complain about being misrepresented yourself with people putting words in your mouth yet you do the same to a whole broad spectrum of people suffering from a medical condition purely because of your own personal bigotry.
11-05-2016, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 04:32 PM by Vosur.)
(11-05-2016 04:05 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 04:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're right, I don't care about whether or not people are offended by my words. I don't see why you think I'm ignorant, though. Are you saying that you are more of an expert on this topic than a reputable psychiatrist at John Hopkins University? Consider

Yes.
Your brief answer notwithstanding, what exactly is it that qualifies you as an expert? Do you have a PhD in psychology? Have you conducted any research on transgender people that was published in a peer-reviewed journal?

11-05-2016, 04:13 PM
(11-05-2016 04:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 04:05 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yes.
Your brief answer notwithstanding, what exactly is it that qualifies you as an expert? Do you have a PhD in psychology? Have you conducted any research on transgender people that was published in a in peer-reviewed journal?

I don't care to share my reasons for it with anyone else.
11-05-2016, 04:16 PM
(11-05-2016 04:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't care to share my reasons for it with anyone else.
That's cute. If you read my post again, you'll notice that I didn't ask you for your reasons, I asked you for your qualifications.

11-05-2016, 04:22 PM
(11-05-2016 04:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 04:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't care to share my reasons for it with anyone else.
That's cute. If you read my post again, you'll notice that I didn't ask you for your reasons, I asked you for your qualifications.

Appeal to authority as well?

Besides, I have mentioned several times that yes I do have a PhD in a related area.

But why bother trying to convince you? You clearly aren't interested in changing your mind despite claiming to having "had" a couple of transgender friends. (Had being deliberate past tense I presume). This is because you are a bigot and the very definition of bigotry is "an intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself."

So fuck you basically. End of conversation. I'm going to bed.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
11-05-2016, 04:33 PM
(11-05-2016 04:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So fuck you basically. End of conversation. I'm going to bed.
Well, that's certainly one way to end an argument. I was going to respond to the little critique you posted earlier, but I suppose that won't be necessary anymore. Sleep tight.

13-05-2016, 05:29 AM
I dropped out of this topic for a while, both here and in real life. Been really busy. I slept in a little this morning instead of going to the gym and was just watching the news while eating breakfast. I learned a few things.

First, I learned that there is nothing on TV in the morning worth skipping the gym for. So, this is not going to become a habit. And, I hate missing the gym but I just could not get out of bed this morning.

Second, I learned the Obama administration is going after NC and other states and communities that are going to try to discriminate against trans people, and they are going after them hard. The justice department sued North Carolina and the Obama administration is threatening to withhold federal money from schools that put bathroom restrictions on trans students. This is the same administration that basically sat on their hands for 4 or 5 years on gay rights so it's interesting to see them go both barrels on this issue. I guess when you don't have to win another election you don't have to care what people think.

I'm glad to see an administration fighting for an unpopular minority, but the lawyer in me questions their tactics. Unless I missed something - and I don't think that I did - the Civil Rights Act of 1964 doesn't protect trans people. So, justice has no authority to sue under that statute (something I believe NC has pointed out already). I also don't know what legal authority the Obama administration has to withhold education money that has been approved by statute. I don't believe spending that money is discretionary. So, while I'm pleased to see an administration protect rights, I'm not happy to see them make shit up as they go along and act as if the laws don't apply to them or can be tossed aside when they are an inconvenience.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post