Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(13-05-2016 07:28 PM)I Am Wrote:  This is so... Just... Why is there an isue? Everyone can go where they know they should go. Why is this even a legitimate discussion? When did this intrusive, embarasing, toilet politics become even VAGUELY OKAY?

Rage aside (deep breath), I have questions about how this has developed all at once is several cities and states. Specifically, in several city and state governing bodies. Are there some common groups or people advocating for the different bills in different places? This whole business just wasn't an issue... like, a little while ago. It seems like someone made it up and targeted it at lawmakers.

Edit: No offence to the thread. Glad to be here. I'm talking about the national, political discussion, not ours.

It is yet another smoking red herring being dragged across the US' political landscape to distract people. Ooooh- shiny!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-05-2016, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 09:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
My now adult sons don't understand why the focus is on protecting 14 yo girls. They say if they was 14 yo boys and Bailey Jay sidled up next to them at the open urinal in the men's room 'cause she was born with a big dick she still has and said "'Sup, lil' dude. Water's cold today. .. And deep. ... Hang low little fella. And a little dangle to the left." they would still be in treatment.

[Image: baileyj.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Was watching the news this morning and the reactions on the push to be inclusive in schools. The Obama administration is saying schools need to let transgender students go to the bathroom and locker room they feel comfortable in. Locker rooms?

For a high school, I get why the bathroom is a bit of an issue and why many students wouldn't be happy about this. But, the locker room I think adds a whole new level to this thing. Asking kids to deal with a trans student in the stall next to them is one thing. Asking kids to change in front of a member of the opposite sex, regardless of how that student identifies themselves, is - at least to me - another. That's the point where I start to think of LDH's daughter feeling uncomfortable.

I'm not sure there is a good answer to this problem and there certainly is not one that is going to satisfy everyone. I do think it's unfair to label everyone who is not on board with these changes as a bigot. There is no doubt a whole lot of bigotry involved here but I don't think that is true across th board. I'm also not a fan of the strong arm tactics from the federal government. I don't see how they have the legal authority to do this, and I really can't stand bullies. And, that's what this is - bullying.

I don't know. I think this issue is a whole lot more complex than people wish to admit. The only thing I'm sure of is I'm glad I don't have a trans kid because I'm not prepared to deal with all the issues that entails. I don't even know how I'm supposed to react. I guess as a parent you do what you always do - the best that you can for your kids. I realy feel for these people, and their families. It can not be easy for them.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
14-05-2016, 07:59 AM
(13-05-2016 06:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Consider
I didn't know bathrooms had genitals.

When they do, they're usually hiding under the toilet seat. This is why it's a good idea to check, before you sit down.
14-05-2016, 08:00 AM
This whole argument is because the fight against same sex marriage didn't work. And bakers might have to bake a cake for a gay couple...oh, the horror! The (self)righteous and the paranoid must have something to rant about.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
14-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Girly makes the point.

Transgenders have been using whatever bathrooms for decades. If you forbid it now, you are going to have women with penises in the boy's room, and men without penises in the girl's room.

The cat is out of the bag. It's worked fine for decades without legislation.

Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
14-05-2016, 08:03 AM
(13-05-2016 09:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My now adult sons don't understand why the focus is on protecting 14 yo girls. They say if they was 14 yo boys and Bailey Jay sidled up next to them at the open urinal in the men's room 'cause she was born with a big dick she still has and said "'Sup, lil' dude. Water's cold today. .. And deep. ... Hang low little fella. And a little dangle to the left." they would still be in treatment.

[Image: baileyj.jpg]

I was scrolling up in the thread and thought "Bailey Jay!? Did I click on the wrong tab? I thought this was TTA..."
14-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Bailey Jay...who knew.

The things I learn here. smh

edit to add: Girly please my clear search history before I die.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-05-2016, 08:35 AM
One could sidle up to Nong Toom 'Parinya' in the bathroom who was the top kick boxer in Thailand.

[Image: parinya-jaroenphon-or-parinya-kiatbusaba...id98137415]

but now......

[Image: x_4c898f81.jpg]

There's a movie about her called Beautiful Boxer. I haven't seen it yet but I'd like to.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-05-2016, 08:52 AM
(13-05-2016 07:28 PM)I Am Wrote:  This is so... Just... Why is there an issue? Everyone can go where they know they should go. Why is this even a legitimate discussion? When did this intrusive, embarassing, toilet politics become even VAGUELY OKAY?

Rage aside (deep breath), I have questions about how this has developed all at once in several cities and states. Specifically, in several city and state governing bodies. Are there some common groups or people advocating for the different bills in different places? This whole business just wasn't an issue... like, a little while ago. It seems like someone made it up and targeted it at lawmakers.

And it still isn't an issue in the rest of the world. It's like there is a specific campaign against trans people in America and maybe some other members of the Republican party and far right Christians have joined in because it fits with their own agenda.

It's not about trans people. It's about gender non-conformity. It's like the school bully whose victim just hit him back and now he's looking for someone even more vulnerable.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post