Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(14-05-2016 08:00 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This whole argument is because the fight against same sex marriage didn't work. And bakers might have to bake a cake for a gay couple...oh, the horror! The (self)righteous and the paranoid must have something to rant about.

This. ^^
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2016, 09:02 AM
(14-05-2016 08:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 07:28 PM)I Am Wrote:  This is so... Just... Why is there an issue? Everyone can go where they know they should go. Why is this even a legitimate discussion? When did this intrusive, embarassing, toilet politics become even VAGUELY OKAY?

Rage aside (deep breath), I have questions about how this has developed all at once in several cities and states. Specifically, in several city and state governing bodies. Are there some common groups or people advocating for the different bills in different places? This whole business just wasn't an issue... like, a little while ago. It seems like someone made it up and targeted it at lawmakers.

And it still isn't an issue in the rest of the world. It's like there is a specific campaign against trans people in America and maybe some other members of the Republican party and far right Christians have joined in because it fits with their own agenda.

It's not about trans people. It's about gender non-conformity. It's like the school bully whose victim just hit him back and now he's looking for someone even more vulnerable.

Exactly.
They lost SS marriage, now they have to keep sex of some sort as their issue ... just to have something to show they lub dere Jebus. Yes they do.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2016, 12:17 PM
(14-05-2016 08:00 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This whole argument is because the fight against same sex marriage didn't work. And bakers might have to bake a cake for a gay couple...oh, the horror! The (self)righteous and the paranoid must have something to rant about.

Funny you say that. My wife and I were discussing this yesterday and specifically how odd it is this issue all at once became such a big to-do in so many places. That can't be a coincidence. We were thinking it's some religious lobbying group driving this on several fronts.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
14-05-2016, 12:56 PM
(14-05-2016 12:17 PM)BnW Wrote:  

Funny you say that. My wife and I were discussing this yesterday and specifically how odd it is this issue all at once became such a big to-do in so many places. That can't be a coincidence. We were thinking it's some religious lobbying group driving this on several fronts.

It's my ignorant opinion that it's the religious right trying to hold on to the repub support through hate mongering. The repub party has taken a terrible hit with all the corp whoring and bail-outs so they are ramping up the religious women hating, gay bashing, transgender targeting and any other religiously unacceptable behaviors in order to play to their strengths.

Religion is taking a hit these days and so is the repub party they are in bed with, for just cause I might add. You could call it their "stand your ground" play or their "last hurrah". Either way it will be a spectacular display of ugly before it's all said and done.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
14-05-2016, 12:56 PM
(14-05-2016 08:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 07:28 PM)I Am Wrote:  This is so... Just... Why is there an issue? Everyone can go where they know they should go. Why is this even a legitimate discussion? When did this intrusive, embarassing, toilet politics become even VAGUELY OKAY?

Rage aside (deep breath), I have questions about how this has developed all at once in several cities and states. Specifically, in several city and state governing bodies. Are there some common groups or people advocating for the different bills in different places? This whole business just wasn't an issue... like, a little while ago. It seems like someone made it up and targeted it at lawmakers.

And it still isn't an issue in the rest of the world. It's like there is a specific campaign against trans people in America and maybe some other members of the Republican party and far right Christians have joined in because it fits with their own agenda.

It's not about trans people. It's about gender non-conformity. It's like the school bully whose victim just hit him back and now he's looking for someone even more vulnerable.

This is a little off topic but I find it interesting how one religion, Christianity, will marginalize a group of people, create psychological trauma and needless shame while in another culture that same person would be fully accepted and even praised.

Some of the Native American tribes revere gay and transgender people. They are called Two Spirit by the indigenous peoples and believe transgender people possess both male and female spirits.

From an article I'll post below:

American Indian traditionalists, even today, tend to see a person's basic character as a reflection of their spirit. Since everything that exists is thought to come from the spirit world, androgynous or transgender persons are seen as doubly blessed, having both the spirit of a man and the spirit of a woman. Thus, they are honoured for having two spirits, and are seen as more spiritually gifted than the typical masculine male or feminine female.

Therefore, many Native American religions, rather than stigmatising such persons, often looked to them as religious leaders and teachers. Quite similar religious traditions existed among the native peoples of Siberia and many parts of Central and southeast Asia. Since the ancestors of Native Americans migrated from Siberia over 20,000 years ago, and since reports of highly respected androgynous persons have been noted among indigenous Americans from Alaska to Chile, androgyny seems to be quite ancient among humans.

However, when one throws Christianity into the pot suddenly transgender people are perceived as evil and perverted. It's amazing how many people Christianity has marginalized throughout history.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/oc...th-america

Not all tribes subscribe to the Two Spirit tradition. It's mostly The Plains Indians the Great Lake tribes and Southwest Native Americans who even today have respect for transgender people.

Here is a photo of a Two Spirit transgender Indian. I think she's part of the Hopi tribe but I could be wrong.

[Image: A-two-spirit-Native-Ameri-006.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-05-2016, 02:20 PM
(14-05-2016 12:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  It's my ignorant opinion that it's the religious right trying to hold on to the repub support through hate mongering. The repub party has taken a terrible hit with all the corp whoring and bail-outs so they are ramping up the religious women hating, gay bashing, transgender targeting and any other religiously unacceptable behaviors in order to play to their strengths.

Religion is taking a hit these days and so is the repub party they are in bed with, for just cause I might add. You could call it their "stand your ground" play or their "last hurrah". Either way it will be a spectacular display of ugly before it's all said and done.

I think that is very close to the mark. The Republicans have been for issues and ideas that hurt poor and lower middle class whites for over a generation. They've managed to keep them in the fold with creating fear, invoking god, and telling them the democrats will take all their guns away. And, it's been very effective because these people have voted against their own financial best interests since at least Reagan's first term. Some of them are catching on to the scam, though, and that's, I think, why Trump has done so well. Not everyone who supports him is a racist or an imbecile. Some of them are just really pissed off people who don't see either party helping them. But, the politics of distraction is very much in play here.

During one of the last few Republican debates, Ted Cruz's closing statements were about going after Planned Parenthood and bathroom laws and that would be his focus the day he took office. I was watching with my wife and she looked at me and said "really? That's the most important issue and it requires day 1 attention? Really?!". My wife isn't stupid an she knows that's not getting day 1, or day 100, attention. So, why say it? Most likely because what he really plans to do is get rid of all those pesky laws that keep corporations from building a better tomorrow for themselves. But, he can't very well say "we're going to get rid of all rights for workers an you will all have jobs but making a fraction of what you make now ... and fuck you if you can't live on that" so he goes with "I'll investigate Planned Parenthood!!!!".

And people yell "OH MIGHTY JESUS!!" and vote for the prick. Well, some people did. The vast majority did not, which is good because he's a bigger asshole than Trump will ever be. But, point is, I think your theory of distraction is spot on.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
14-05-2016, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 05:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
These idjits are so stupid that they not only don't see unanticipated consequences, they can't even see the immediate consequences. Goddam these people are dumb.

[Image: pussy.jpg]

You go girl! Or boy! Or I don't give a shit what you are! =

How to use a urinal like a lady: a trans woman's rebel tour of North Carolina

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-05-2016, 06:21 PM
(14-05-2016 04:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  These idjits are so stupid that they not only don't see unanticipated consequences, they can't even see the immediate consequences. Goddam these people are dumb.

Yeesh! Who would sit on a urinal! Most guys end up pissing all over them, as well as on the floor! Facepalm
14-05-2016, 06:25 PM
(14-05-2016 06:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 04:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  These idjits are so stupid that they not only don't see unanticipated consequences, they can't even see the immediate consequences. Goddam these people are dumb.

Yeesh! Who would sit on a urinal! Most guys end up pissing all over them, as well as on the floor! Facepalm

And she has no purse and hence no wipes....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-05-2016, 06:31 PM
(14-05-2016 06:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 06:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeesh! Who would sit on a urinal! Most guys end up pissing all over them, as well as on the floor! Facepalm

And she has no purse and hence no wipes....

Fortunately urine is sterile. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus